Turnbull Blatantly Kicks Aberdeen Player Off The Ball... And Is Not Red Carded – Collum Decision Is Inexcusable

We need professional refs, their professional pride consists of limiting their exposure to any detrimental comments from Sportscene, Record or Scottish Sun.

I responded to the a Twitter comment about this the SFA were copied in on. It is the kind of "mistake" by a referee that should see them removed from the position forever. No chance of a return. If a referee is capable of missing something like that then they clearly cannot ever be considered capable of doing the job.

It gets more blatant when seen again.

Love how everytime a selic player does this its uncharacteristic. But morelos is tainted as a hothead as soon as he first played for us. Straight red end of the day I wont hold my breath but if they can cite us everytime our players look at someone the wrong way he has to be upgraded to red no other choice, anything other needs highlighting from us & our ex players in the msm

We need professional refs, their professional pride consists of limiting their exposure to any detrimental comments from Sportscene, Record or Scottish Sun.
And if they were 'professional', what really changes?

They would get paid more for doing much the same thing.
(As when Governments allocate more money to, say the NHS or education, you get the same service but the practitioners get higher wages.)

And if they were 'professional', what really changes?

They would get paid more for doing much the same thing.
(As when Governments allocate more money to, say the NHS or education, you get the same service but the practitioners get higher wages.)
Current refs have a job, the media pressure they can be put under could easily be detrimental to them. They referee the games to how they know the media will perceive them and its hard to blame them considering it could have a detrimental effect on their livelihoods if they don’t. Having professional referees removes that threat and might instil professional pride into how they perform.
Last nights ref was worried he missed a penalty incident so felt the need to even it up to prevent the media backlash also Collum knew the media would back the yellow card and went with the easy option, pundits then argued the kick was soft, everything they do is for self preservation.

Be very surprised if anything further happens.

If it was Alfie however? poets have far too much influence up here
Trial by Sportscene for Morelos. They thought neither nailed on red for Celtic yesterday were red cards.

Not excessive force yet when it was Morelos and Tannadice and Easter Road there was no excessive force but the “intent” was there.

It’s a fucking disgrace tbh.

Current refs have a job, the media pressure they can be put under could easily be detrimental to them. They referee the games to how they know the media will perceive them and its hard to blame them considering it could have a detrimental effect on their livelihoods if they don’t. Having professional referees removes that threat and might instil professional pride into how they perform.
Last nights ref was worried he missed a penalty incident so felt the need to even it up to prevent the media backlash also Collum knew the media would back the yellow card and went with the easy option, pundits then argued the kick was soft, everything they do is for self preservation.
I take your point, but the same pressures would apply if refs were full-time, maybe even be exacerbated if refereeing were their sole occupation making it much harder to 'walk away', as some have done.

Are you daft or something? The game was stopped, he booted the guy because he never got a foul FFS.
Yeah mate. Googly eyed raving looney. Take your blue specs off FFS. It was a petulant wee kick and you will witness more violent actions in most playgrounds. He couldn't have complained if he was red carded but for me Collum got it right. Would he have made the same decision if it was Alfie, most probably not, but I already said that.

Yeah mate. Googly eyed raving looney. Take your blue specs off FFS. It was a petulant wee kick and you will witness more violent actions in most playgrounds. He couldn't have complained if he was red carded but for me Collum got it right. Would he have made the same decision if it was Alfie, most probably not, but I already said that.
You are arguing against a player being red carded for booting an opponent when the game was stopped?
Really?
I’m convinced you’re at it.
If not, you are a raving loony.

I think most on here wouldn't be hanging around playgrounds to know this. Oddball.

There was a poster on here who vouched for the new compliance officer and it would seem he's the first non mhank to take up the role.

Let's see if there's any change in a system that history shows is basically a vehicle to disadvantage Rangers and advance the prospects of a certain other club.

Step forward Andrew Phillips, here's a straightforward case of wrongdoing to get you started.

There was a poster on here who vouched for the new compliance officer and it would seem he's the first non mhank to take up the role.

Let's see if there's any change in a system that history shows is basically a vehicle to disadvantage Rangers and advance the prospects of a certain other club.

Step forward Andrew Phillips, here's a straightforward case of wrongdoing to get you started.
The compliance officers allegiances shouldn’t come into it. The rules should be in place and the penalties for these misdemeanours set in place.

Also the media reactions to any offence shouldn’t be taken into account. There has been times when you know Alfie is getting done before the full time whistle has blown due to Walker and Crocker going on on stop about things he has done non stop but ignoring similar offences from the likes of Brown.

All you can ask is for a fair and balanced set of rules for everyone. That hasn’t been the case for years.

The compliance officers allegiances shouldn’t come into it. The rules should be in place and the penalties for these misdemeanours set in place.

Also the media reactions to any offence shouldn’t be taken into account. There has been times when you know Alfie is getting done before the full time whistle has blown due to Walker and Crocker going on on stop about things he has done non stop but ignoring similar offences from the likes of Brown.

All you can ask is for a fair and balanced set of rules for everyone. That hasn’t been the case for years.
There's no rules in place because the system was set up to disadvantage Rangers, as we saw from the very start with Aluko.

All I'm saying is that I'm surprised they've let a non mhank take part in their ruse mate (hope that's the right word). :)

FFS, a petulant wee kick! Unbelievable.

To a certain extent, the decision is not in the CO's hands.

He can only cite Turnbull if Collum and the other 3 Officials agree that they missed all or part of the incident.

If Collum states that he saw the incident in its entirety and believes that it only merited a Yellow Card, then the CO cannot take any action.

The problem we have is that with Morelos/Roofe it is mhedia driven and by an amazing coincidence we keep getting Refs who don't have the balls to stick to their original decision and on every occasion they have claimed that they missed part of the incident.

If this isn’t changed to a red then Rangers MUST come out and question this. If that had been Morelos then there is no doubt he would get banned

It's ridiculous he can get away with that. Morelos here a retro ban for a stamp when the ball is still live. This is just a blatentb kick
I thought the one where hayes was through on goal was even more of a red card than turnbull. Collum had two easy card decisions to make and gave none.

Doesn't really matter. He'd only miss an end of season game. But.... Should be remembered next time we ask for consistency.

To a certain extent, the decision is not in the CO's hands.

He can only cite Turnbull if Collum and the other 3 Officials agree that they missed all or part of the incident.

If Collum states that he saw the incident in its entirety and believes that it only merited a Yellow Card, then the CO cannot take any action.

The problem we have is that with Morelos/Roofe it is mhedia driven and by an amazing coincidence we keep getting Refs who don't have the balls to stick to their original decision and on every occasion they have claimed that they missed part of the incident.
That's a fair point DD, do we even know if Collum and co. will be asked that question, or is that process only triggered after the hysterical media reaction that inevitably follows any incident involving a Rangers player.

As Winkie pointed out above, there's no set rules in place and there's every chance the lack of reaction to the Turnbull assault will see it just being ignored by the SFA.

Trial by Sportscene for Morelos. They thought neither nailed on red for Celtic yesterday were red cards.

Not excessive force yet when it was Morelos and Tannadice and Easter Road there was no excessive force but the “intent” was there.

It’s a fucking disgrace tbh.

And this again demonstrates why we are right to treat BBC Hootsmon and their chief bigot Skeletor with utter contempt.

Back