Turnbull of Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barisic's Bandage

I wouldn’t pay more than £2mil tbh,only done it for one season and most his goals aga bottom 6.
He does have potential but we have seen it before some players have a great break through season then not as good the next ones.
He's 19, how many seasons do you expect him to do it for?

Scottish teenager scores 15 goals for Motherwell and you're looking for negatives.

david1982

We don't have a spare 2m for a young player with potential and that's all it is just now.

At that money we are needing someone to come right in and make a difference or be better than what we have and I don't think, as good a season as the lad has had, he is at that point yet.

That said if he goes to England in the next year or two we, or them for that matter, ain't getting him back up here.

oldblueeyes

I think we should bid he’s a decent prospect and it will drive the price up The filth have never got over Mojo signing for us so they will be determined to outbid us regardless of the players value

Alex Venters

Just have this feeling he is a player we are seriously going to regret not going for and the fact he might end up at the Scumdome will only reenforce that feeling over the years as he excels.

We defenitely need goals from midfield and this lad has an eye for them - watching clips of him he reminds me a bit of a young Durrant.
How many did he manage against the top six sides?

He's nothing like Durrant in style or in terms of talent.

Bigclinthill

Seen him play many times at youth level and seen him obviously playing first team football, imo a better footballer than Hastie, surprised we haven't gone for him, wouldn't be surprised if we did

ScottXC

We need to get ourselves into a position where we can buy these talents cheap at the start but keep them developing where they currently are.

Loathe to give any crumb of credit to the scum but the way they farmed out Christie was effective. Able to get a run of games at a smaller club, becoming their main player to try and take points off those around you but unable to play against you, then come back ready for the 1st team.

Can't think of anyone we have done that with.

Can do it with Turnbull, should probably have done it with Hastie if he's not coming in to feature loads.

Xavi Hernandez

Turnbull reminds me a bit of McFadden and his impact for Motherwell at the time.

I always thought McFadden would have been a great signing for us.

His career tailed off very quickly but he was a dangerous player for a few years in his early 20's.

GodStruth

I'm not convinced, given the budget we probably have and the fact that a £2.5m player would have to contribute straight away, this woukd be a prudent move for us.

Not saying the boy isnt a talent, but he is a half-season talent so far who has performed well against average teams. He was also deadful against us

Coplandbear

Has there been any links with us and Trumbull?
Nope and I would be very surprised if we did move for him. I think it's too much of a risk and for the rumoured fee we need someone with proven quality to go straight into our midfield. Turnbull for all this hype might not be the most viable option out there at the moment.

RFC97

Nope and I would be very surprised if we did move for him. I think it's too much of a risk and for the rumoured fee we need someone with proven quality to go straight into our midfield. Turnbull for all this hype might not be the most viable option out there at the moment.
Valid point there but we did go for Hastie - I presume the difference there was we only had to pay a development fee ?

This summer I’d like to see some reinvestment in the CM. Our three players there at the moment costs a grand total of 50k.

MSF

Agree. 2m is A LOT to us nowadays. If we pay that he must be available for selection mark.
True mate but we spent the same on Grezda. Its an investment thats worth it in the long run.

My worry is I don’t think his all round game is good enough yet to start every week for us, he undoubtedly has the talent & potential but I’d imagine he would be used in rotation

Coplandbear

Valid point there but we did go for Hastie - I presume the difference there was we only had to pay a development fee ?

This summer I’d like to see some reinvestment in the CM. Our three players there at the moment costs a grand total of 50k.
Hastie will cost us practically nothing in the long term it's a low risk/small outlay and the lad does have potential and something about him. Can we realistically do the same with Turnbull not for me I'm afraid and I do agree we need some much needed investment in our midfield a creative midfielder to go straight into the team is a priority imo.

Grigo Yossarian

I’d be comparing 2m for him to other options abroad. It’s a lot of cash, so we need to respect the impact on us of paying that nowadays too.
I haven’t seen much of him live, and would want to understand how he’s performed against the top 6 clubs. He did have a rough time against us for example.

Grigo Yossarian

£1m & Lafferty.

True mate but we spent the same on Grezda. Its an investment thats worth it in the long run.

My worry is I don’t think his all round game is good enough yet to start every week for us, he undoubtedly has the talent & potential but I’d imagine he would be used in rotation
Thanks MSF.

In principle it sounds like we should be interested in the boy, but I personally haven’t seen him enough to have a strong view either way yet.

Teddyjohn

If we don't even attempt to sign this guy then I will be left utterly mystified when you consider some of the other dross we've wasted money on in the last year.

Offer £2m, Lafferty for a season and cover his wages and Robbie McCrorie on loan.

jf1960

Hearing that lot have offered £1.2m for him.

Are we likely to go after him too?

Seems a good prospect.
Has he got a Twitter thing I would to tell him a little secret before he signs, well it's a big secret but he needs to know if he doesn't already. Sent similar to that Charlton Kid they are after childish behaviour for a 59 year old I know but made me feel good

The Moon on Mars is Blue

Good player and for £2m worth it. However it is an area where we have a lot of players and also two of our best youngsters ,Kelly and Palmer play so I think it is unlikely we will go for him.

watp85

I'm not being funny here but going by your logic we could sign 3 world cup winners on a Bosman (Bowman for you) and you'd moan as we hadn't spent a penny.

Some of our fans haven't a clue.

Bearsuk

1against hibs and 1 against Aberdeen.
The rest Dundee, st Johnston Hamilton st mirren Livvie
But to be fair sometimes we've seen it's those teams we've needed the points from??

barrheadbear

He is just a young boy breaking through in his first season, just because he doesn't have a great scoring record against the top six is no jusification to knock the lad.

Each to their own but I see similarities with Durrant in the way he times his runs into the box (that is why I specifically said "a bit like"), if you disagree fine.

RFC97

I'm not being funny here but going by your logic we could sign 3 world cup winners on a Bosman (Bowman for you) and you'd moan as we hadn't spent a penny.

Some of our fans haven't a clue.
What the hell are you on about?

I still think the midfield needs a bit of investment in it to bring in a bit more quality. The type of player I would want isn’t going to be a bosman.

Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.