Turnbull of Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would get in ahead of Jack. Without doubt, we’re looking to add creativity & goals to the midfield. The first man to drop out will be Jack.

As you will see come the start of the league campaign when we get our targets.

I’m very critical of Jack & he is either underrated or overrated on here (some seem to think he is Busquets) when the reality is that he is pretty average but can do a job.

Anyway that doesn’t even matter because Turnbull doesn’t even play a similar position so he wouldn’t be replacing him.

I really like Turnbull but tbh he would probably be best sticking with Motherwell for another season to develop without a ton of pressure & also to show the last 8months or so haven’t been a flash in the pan

He is a 19 year old in our division and is the best player at his age in that position, who also appears to be able to adapt to various roles; we should be signing him. We can't guarantee his potential, but right now he is a very good footballer and gives every indication that he is dedicated and could get much better.

I do get your point JMCK and probably Rangers of 15 years ago would have taken the risk & made the investment.

Given our financial circumstances now I just don’t think we can afford to take this risk. We are focussed on getting the league back & very quickly & my guess is that all resources will be targeted on this short term goal.

Just a wee bit surprised so many have been able to assess just how good or otherwise a player Turnbull is. Other than opposition players who are well established and have been around for a long time, got to confess, my knowledge of players from other teams is quite limited.

Just a wee bit surprised so many have been able to assess just how good or otherwise a player Turnbull is. Other than opposition players who are well established and have been around for a long time, got to confess, my knowledge of players from other teams is quite limited.

That's fair enough mate, but there's plenty of us that take more of an interest in other players in our league than we do in the EPL and it's players.

After all, they are our opposition and it's the league our club plays in.

He is a 19 year old in our division and is the best player at his age in that position, who also appears to be able to adapt to various roles; we should be signing him. We can't guarantee his potential, but right now he is a very good footballer and gives every indication that he is dedicated and could get much better.
I agree with everything you've said but the £3m price tag is too much.esp for the potential you mentioned.i'd love to see him at Ibrox esp after kb'ing the filth but not for anywhere near £3m.

Yes mate. Meant to be 3m plus 250k add on.
It's a lot for a 19 year old, but he has something about him. Any midfielder who is good with their feet is worth looking at. He looks dedicated, to me anyway; plays with his head up; can score in and outside the box; he can play a pass; he can defend. The ingredients of a very good player are clearly there. Rangers signed this type of player in the past, and many became legends.

It's a lot for a 19 year old, but he has something about him. Any midfielder who is good with their feet is worth looking at. He looks dedicated to me; plays with his head up; can score in and outside the box; he can play a pass; he can defend. The ingredients of a very good player are clearly there. Rangers signed this type of player in the past, and many became legends.

To be honest, I’ve not seen a lot of him but he reminds me of Bobby Russell, who was a legend.
I’d love to be able to afford to buy him but just don’t think we’re in that business position to be honest.
I don’t disagree with you at all, but I’m maybe just thinking of our financial risk at the moment.
That’s probably why people say money goes to money in life. Some club with a bit of cash will probably make a big profit on Young U-Turnbull ;)

To be honest, I’ve not seen a lot of him but he reminds me of Bobby Russell, who was a legend.
I’d love to be able to afford to buy him but just don’t think we’re in that business position to be honest.
I don’t disagree with you at all, but I’m maybe just thinking of our financial risk at the moment.
That’s probably why people say money goes to money in life. Some club with a bit of cash will probably make a big profit on Young U-Turnbull ;)
It seems as if young players in this league, like Mcginn and Turnbull, are now getting the message about physique and how much diet plays a part in being a top footballer. Mcginn, aside from his football attributes, is a strong player who can drive forward from defence and back again. Turnbull is very similar and reminds me of him.

It seems as if young players in this league, like Mcginn and Turnbull, are now getting the message about physique and how much diet plays a part in being a top footballer. Mcginn, aside from his football attributes, is a strong player who can drive forward from defence and back again. Turnbull is very similar and reminds me of him.

I always thought that McGinn was a bit heavy set. When he played against us he was good going forward as he was so strong once in flow. But he lacked mobility when someone went at him & he had to turn towards his own goal.
Turnbull is slimmer which to me is better. As he develops he will have a really perfect build in two or three years.

I always thought that McGinn was a bit heavy set. When he played against us he was good going forward as he was so strong once in flow. But he lacked mobility when someone went at him & he had to turn towards his own goal.
Turnbull is slimmer which to me is better. As he develops he will have a really perfect build in two or three years.
Both of them are physical, perhaps not like for like, but at 19 years old Turnbull looks strong; it could indicate a high level of dedication. I'll be disappointed if we don't sign him, no matter where he goes.

Strong smell of homo-eroticism here...

Both of them are physical, perhaps not like for like, but at 19 years old Turnbull looks strong; it could indicate a high level of dedication. I'll be disappointed if we don't sign him, no matter where he goes.
Then you will be disappointed.You are wired to the moon if you think we will pay anywhere near £3million.

I’m the same. Apart from seeing that he has a good goal scoring record, I couldn’t tell you whether he is good, bad or indifferent as a midfield player. I am however always a wee bit wary of those sorts of player. Not that I don’t like goals from midfield - I love guys like Arfield who score goals and also have an all round game to go with it. McGinn too has an excellent all round game, much as it pains me to say it. But you also see some guys who score goals but contribute next to nothing apart from that - for example (and I know this might sound a bit absurd because I have picked a couple of high profile guys) I never really rated someone like David Platt who popped up with a dozen or so goals a season but I thought he did hee haw in his core role as a midfielder; to a lesser extent I really don’t get the fuss with someone like Delle Ali because I think he is incredibly limited in a core midfield role. But what do I know, they both had / are having long England careers.

I just don’t know whether Turnbull is an all round midfield player or a goal scoring but otherwise limited midfield player.

If he was 1.0m to 1.5m I think we would have been in there but I think the market has priced us out of things.
Didn’t we register an interest ? I’m sure I read that.

If he was 1.0m to 1.5m I think we would have been in there but I think the market has priced us out of things.
Didn’t we register an interest ? I’m sure I read that.
Someone suggested we had. I wouldn't mind knowing how committed our interest was.
Then you will be disappointed.You are wired to the moon if you think we will pay anywhere near £3million.
I meant money aside. If we can't sign then okay, but that doesn't mean we as fans can't see it for football alone.

Last edited:
Did McGinn choose Aston Villa over the poets due to grandfather's advice with the clusterfuck that is in the post for them, which maybe could have swayed Turnbull also?
Anyway fukk them 55 is about to double their grief and hopefully pretty soon.

Totally agree. I wouldn’t want him coming to us just now. Maybe when he’s 30 and fully developed as a player!

Well perhaps no more than 25 as we should be looking at reducing our average player age !

Why would we be looking at any player who has less than say five years of top input to the teaam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back