Turnbull of Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I quite understand the hype around Turnbull. Its Murderwell and the SPL ffs.

Priority should be players capable of delivering 55 and a subsequent crack at CL entry. That's where the real money is. Happy for us to invest in potential, but there must be a reason why we're not pursuing an interest in him.

Just have this feeling he is a player we are seriously going to regret not going for and the fact he might end up at the Scumdome will only reenforce that feeling over the years as he excels.

We defenitely need goals from midfield and this lad has an eye for them - watching clips of him he reminds me a bit of a young Durrant.

Not really similar to Durrant in style and nowhere near that level of ability mate.

We were actually the top scorers in the league and Arfield was the top scoring midfielder.

Not sure I quite understand the hype around Turnbull. Its Murderwell and the SPL ffs.

Priority should be players capable of delivering 55 and a subsequent crack at CL entry. That's where the real money is. Happy for us to invest in potential, but there must be a reason why we're not pursuing an interest in him.
Its not really difficult to work out, 19 years old, 15 goals, young player and players player of the year. Regardless of who he’s scoring against. Using that logic Morelos should have more than 17 league goals as playing against hamilton, livi, dundee etc should be an absolute cake walk for our star man.

We may not be pursuing him due to the amount of midfielders we have for limited places? By the looks of it we will have: Arfield, docherty, kamara, jack, mcrorie, davis, dorrans (granted he’s been told he wont feature) halliday (technically). Thats 8 players for 3 places. Although another loan for doc or mcrorie could do them the world of good. But you never know.

If we match the offer then young Turnbull gets a call from jobby teeth, and another from the living legend that is Steven Gerrard, one of the finest midfielders of his generation.

I know who my money's on :))

He scores goals in the SPL and here's a mad revelation....WE play in SPL (mad eh?). If we want 55 we need proven players from this league, mad how folk went nuts about Docherty because he was a Rangers fan but when a better player comes along we're so hesitant because he's a motherwell fan

Skysports have a quote from the Motherwell chairman, “We will only consider offers significantly more than our record fee received”, which was £1.75m.

In my opinion let them spunk the money. It is one area they dont need to improve too much... even if their forwards are struggling a little dodgy penalty will be given to help out

If they arent goin to strengthen defence or DM role then good.
I disagree. Its definately an area we need to improve. We lack goals from midfield and this boy has scored his fair share. Take away alfies goals and you can see we struggle.

If we match the offer then young Turnbull gets a call from jobby teeth, and another from the living legend that is Steven Gerrard, one of the finest midfielders of his generation.

I know who my money's on :))

Lets be real here, money talks.

I know why I’d choose personally but time and time again it’s money that speaks the loudest.

My only concern would be is that he has had 6 months performing well, and he is now a superstar. not saying the guy isn't good, but he has a lot to prove yet.

If Rangers feel Turnbull is going to become a very good player, we have to make a move now if we want to sign him.

And if we feel we can't afford £2.5m on potential, then we're in a bit of trouble. Grezda was 23 and coming back from a long term injury when signed. It hasn't worked out, but there's no way it was done with only the short term in mind.

Celtic have recently spent that sort of money on players who don't even make their bench when everyone is fit. If we're not willing to do that sort of thing, it's a real struggle to try and catch them.

I'm not advocating spending beyond our means, but if Turnbull is considered a certainty to make a club a lot of money in the future, we'd be foolish to let that lot get him so easily just because he might not start every game straight away.

In my opinion let them spunk the money. It is one area they dont need to improve too much... even if their forwards are struggling a little dodgy penalty will be given to help out

If they arent goin to strengthen defence or DM role then good.

They might not need him but if there's a good young scottish player going for an affordable fee it would be daft not to try and sign him. Could sign him and punt somebody else and probably make money on the deal. All of that applies to us too.

He has a long way to go, but Rangers could make him that player. I would like us to show some intention and make a bid for him.
We're definitely interested and Motherwell need to sell but not sure it's in our interests to get into a bidding war.
He's very friendly with Jake Hastie which I suppose doesn't do us any harm.

If we don't even attempt to sign this guy then I will be left utterly mystified when you consider some of the other dross we've wasted money on in the last year.

Offer £2m, Lafferty for a season and cover his wages and Robbie McCrorie on loan.

They've got Trevor Carson, the N.Ireland keeper mate.

He's decent.

Arfield would've got over 20 for us if he'd been playing the attacking mid role all season, rather than just the last 6 weeks mate.

Turnbull is a good prospect, but he's nowhere near Arfield's level.

As it currently stands absolutely not but what about the player Turnbull will be when he’s Arfields age?

His stats are incredible for a teenage CM.

Arfield playing where he is now is the best player in Scotland imo.

In his new role I’ve noticed he drives much more towards defenses rather than play with his back to them (like he did in the first half of the season). He’s making it look easy at the moment.

As it currently stands absolutely not but what about the player Turnbull will be when he’s Arfields age?

His stats are incredible for a teenage CM.

I like him and think he's a terrific prospect mate.

Motherwell want £2.5m - I fear this is too rich for us for a guy who isn't a guaranteed first team performer.

Sadly the scum can likely afford the risk.

Motherwell want £2.5m - I fear this is too rich for us for a guy who isn't a guaranteed first team performer.

Sadly the scum can likely afford the risk.
They might be more likely to pay that than us, but they didn’t stump up the cash for McGinn last year and he was a more well rounded player than Turnbull (full international, ideal replacement for Lego). Turnbull would likely fit in to a role they didn’t fill when Armstrong left.

Alan burrows has been on Twitter again today saying it’s going to be plenty more than there record transfer fee I reckon 2.5 / 3m will be needed.

I said to folk in work I reckoned they would try and sign him - he’s one of the best prospects to come out of Scotland for a long time and that’s coming directly from coaches who have worked with him.

Also seems to have his head screwed on which for a Scottish youngster is half the battle.

Fingers crossed he goes down south as I’d rather he didn’t sign for them.

Lets be real here, money talks.

I know why I’d choose personally but time and time again it’s money that speaks the loudest.
Unless he is living in a bubble, no amount of money should be able to turn his or his agent's head towards them. If it does, this goes further than i could possibly imagine.

I knew they would be after him, where does he fit into our team?
If we are playing the same system we have been playing the last 5 weeks of the season then I would have a midfield of Kamara Davis and Turnbull with Arfield sticking to the more advanced role.

£2m-£2.5m won't be enough. It'll be at least £3m plus a significant sell on clause. He'll outwith our reach after this summer.

If we are playing the same system we have been playing the last 5 weeks of the season then I would have a midfield of Kamara Davis and Turnbull with Arfield sticking to the more advanced role.

would be very happy with this, I not a massive fam of arfield in a midfield 3.

£2m-£2.5m won't be enough. It'll be at least £3m plus a significant sell on clause. He'll outwith our reach after this summer.

Nobody in their right mind is paying Motherwell £3m+ for one of their players. I've 'championed' signing Turnbull on here for months now as I think he has a huge future ahead of him. Had he played for the likes of Hearts, Hibs or the Sheep then the bidding would, as you suggest, start at £2.5m. He doesn't though, he plays for Motherwell. The bidding will 'top out' at £2.5m - if it even gets that high (would need the English to get heavily involved because no Scottish club is paying that for him). Sounds daft, I know, but it's the way things work in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back