Turnbull of Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope it's true.

£3 mill on a totally unproven kid.?

That'll do for me.

In the short term I’m glad this is the type of signing they are making as it strengthens our chances of the title this season but I think being knocked back by a totally unproven kid would still be better mate. Turnbull could of course end up being a success for them and turn a very good profit down the line.

Boy should be embarrassed if he signs with them after they already threw him under a bus. If he didn't got the ground running he's already fucked with their support
I'm sure if he gets 20k a week from them he would live with the embarrassment no problem.

Neil Lennon and the sexual abuse of young boys scandal will make it very hard for Celtic FC to sign anyone. In fact might want to re think the firing of the cleaning lady.

Whilst I think it definitely should put players off, I really don't think anyone will knock them back based on the scandal.

Rumour has it a managerial candidate already did

Honestly it’s not just the disgusting events and behavior that Celtic FC allowed to happen then covered up but the ramifications moving forward. Can a player such as Turnbull be sure that they will be able to pay him for the rest of his contract or that the club may end up with heavy penalties from the football authorities or the running joke known as Police Scotland.
It has to be a factor for a player like him with no apparent allegiance to Celtic FC . Then add Neil Lennon to that poisonous brew and it’s ‘eh, thanks but no thanks ‘

Neil Lennon and the sexual abuse of young boys scandal will make it very hard for Celtic FC to sign anyone. In fact might want to re think the firing of the cleaning lady.
Nonsense. It won't bother players who only think of the bottom line. It's a non event I'm afraid. It's only people on FF who think that players won't sign because of their paedophile past.

In the short term I’m glad this is the type of signing they are making as it strengthens our chances of the title this season but I think being knocked back by a totally unproven kid would still be better mate. Turnbull could of course end up being a success for them and turn a very good profit down the line.

There's no doubting his potential mate.

But they're paying way over the odds for that potential.

If you are talking about Benitez it’s a load of shite.

He was never ever going to Celtic. Regardless of them being peados.

This.

As much as the scandal needs wide exposure, the idea that it's stopping managers or players, particularly those from outside Scotland, going to Celtic is tosh.

I live south of the border and If i mention Celtic Boys Club scandal to of people (and rest assured, I do), 99.99% have no idea what I'm talking about. Although I do read threads on here where people say it's been mentioned on this or that newspaper/radio show, it hasn't caused a ripple in the public conscience outside of Scotland.

Using your logic, nobody will want Pogba ? He's a very good player and the bheasts will punt him to Marseille. When he goes, Edouard won't want to stay with Lemon.

Pogba was problematic in the dressing room mate, but still made a huge contribution in a poor Man Utd season.

Ntcham made a poor contribution to a treble winning mentally challenged season.

Ntcham wasn't getting a game ahead of Brown, McGregor, Christie and Rogic on merit.

I expect Ntcham and Edouard to be next out the door. Turnable has potential but he's no Ntcham when he's in the mood.

I think you’re right SB. I think Ntcham will go & then his big pal is alone in Glasgow.
Of course, Boyata’s gone too, so he’s the last of the French/Belgian contingent.

Reading this thread, Ive no idea whether he's signing for them or still telling them to do one. I really don't give a sh1t whether he does or not, for me I'd rather have McGregor or Christie in my team. 3 million wasted if they do sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back