Turnbull of Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think a club having a bad crowd is as bad as harbouring paedos SB ?
I think professional footballers mainly only care about money . I personally don't think anybody in Scotland cares about their paedophilia (except us). I don't go into other forums but I bet we're talked about for more than them. I bet our EBT''s are more of an issue to Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs/Motherwell fans than their bheasting of kids. Only my personal opinion of course. I can't prove what I think any more than anybody can say that players won't go to them because of their reputation.

His head wasn't in it last season mate and couldn't get a start in a poor midfield.

This is true, clearly unsettled.

He has was decent in that first old firm game last season, if I remember right McGregor pulled off a world class save to get it onto the bar.

I would rather he was offski, not for a decent fee tho!

I don't get this. Did they think they could sign a player without contacting his agent and explaining the money on offer.

I'v a wee feeling Lawells got cold feet and made a pish offer to get out of the deal. Phuck sake this isnae Scott Brown and Rangers are bidding as well. This is an uncapped 19 year old that Rangers are not interested in. And we're paying 3 million quid.

Phuck that get us out of this deal.

There's no doubting his potential mate.

But they're paying way over the odds for that potential.

I suppose time will tell. Tbh this season will be all about us. That was a poor Celtic team last year and they were allowed to coast to a fucking treble. I’ve not seen anything from them hat suggests they’re going to be any better and we simply must capitalise.

Last edited:
I don't get this. Did they think they could sign a player without contacting his agent and explaining the money on offer.

I'v a wee feeling Lawells got cold feet and made a pish offer to get out of the deal. Phuck sake this isnae Scott Brown and Rangers are bidding as well. This is an uncapped 19 year old that Rangers are not interested in. And we're paying 3 million quid.

Phuck that get us out of this deal.

Usually the agent is the first person they talk to, albeit through another agent. “Is he interested in giing to Celtic? This is what they would offer”. Only then do they approach the selling club. It’s not approaching a player directly, so gets round the rules. Lieswell must have had a positive initial response, which is why they have taken the rejection so badly

Usually the agent is the first person they talk to, albeit through another agent. “Is he interested in giing to Celtic? This is what they would offer”. Only then do they approach the selling club. It’s not approaching a player directly, so gets round the rules. Lieswell must have had a positive initial response, which is why they have taken the rejection so badly

Your right about the approach method. However a smart agent will use this as a means of setting the price and then getting best value for his player.

I’m very critical of Jack & he is either underrated or overrated on here (some seem to think he is Busquets) when the reality is that he is pretty average but can do a job.

Anyway that doesn’t even matter because Turnbull doesn’t even play a similar position so he wouldn’t be replacing him.

I really like Turnbull but tbh he would probably be best sticking with Motherwell for another season to develop without a ton of pressure & also to show the last 8months or so haven’t been a flash in the pan
Motherwell can't do without the transfer fee. He'll be moved on this summer.

Exactly. It was probably 10 k a week first year and 15 k a week secoond year rising to 25 k by fourth year. The agent puts it to his client, they say yes and Celtic put in the offer to Well. You simply cannot make an offer for a player unless you know he's happy with the terms.

Where is he off to?
My belief is Celtic and Sheffield are only two clubs to have reached the value that MFC want. So at the minute it’s a two horse race but Celtic have the head start of already having talks.

I’m always a believer in these cases that there might be a dark horse waiting in the wings!

My belief is Celtic and Sheffield are only two clubs to have reached the value that MFC want. So at the minute it’s a two horse race but Celtic have the head start of already having talks.

I’m always a believer in these cases that there might be a dark horse waiting in the wings!
Or a white stallion

No one other than the bheasts have made the bid according to Spew Keevins.

Mhutant hordes were turning on him on Clyde SSB today. "Who does he think he is, no wanten tae play fur a hoops?"

For me, 3m will be a chunk of their transfer budget. I'd be glad if they spent it on a development player, particularly if the mhanks are unhappy with him. They'll turn on him in a minute.

Motherwell need to sell. If no other club matches the offer, does he remain at Fir Park or do they take less because the player wants to go south?

He'll likely end up at Parkhead and feature on one of those awkward signing-on photos.

This.

As much as the scandal needs wide exposure, the idea that it's stopping managers or players, particularly those from outside Scotland, going to Celtic is tosh.

I live south of the border and If i mention Celtic Boys Club scandal to of people (and rest assured, I do), 99.99% have no idea what I'm talking about. Although I do read threads on here where people say it's been mentioned on this or that newspaper/radio show, it hasn't caused a ripple in the public conscience outside of Scotland.

People are actively trying to change that but not nearly enough to make it common knowledge down south.
There’s so many reasons for the mentally challengeds to be utterly despised south of Carlisle not least the fact they cannot abide being classed as British!!!! They need exposed for what they stand for over and above the obvious. By and large the bulk of their support are a divisive, antagonistic,provocative anti British cancer which threatens the very fabric of the UK.

Too many replies to read through but the deal will be done for him to sign with Celtic before the end of the week.

If he goes there now, he's on a hiding to nothing, they'll be on his back after the first stray pass as the guy who held them to ransom

I think professional footballers mainly only care about money . I personally don't think anybody in Scotland cares about their paedophilia (except us). I don't go into other forums but I bet we're talked about for more than them. I bet our EBT''s are more of an issue to Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs/Motherwell fans than their bheasting of kids. Only my personal opinion of course. I can't prove what I think any more than anybody can say that players won't go to them because of their reputation.

That’s because of the utter hatchet job their cancerous support inflicted on our club. It was driven and promoted by envious poet bastards with a fervent desire to see Rangers wiped out for good. They poisoned opinion of our club with what can only be described as a propaganda machine. That’s just plain fact!

It’s up to us now to return the serve, the only differences being we have one hell of a lot more ammunition at our disposal if we can be arsed. The problem is from where I’m standing there’s nowhere near the same appetite to get active and make it happen. Again, and it pains me to say it ....that’s just plain fact!

There are a lot of rumours that he’s agreed to sign with them, strange one considering they basically called him out.

He’ll have to hit the ground running.

If he does sign it shows that cel’ic are feeling very aware of criticism from their fans. To put those tweets out about a guy who ends up signing smacks of desperation, not sure if it’s missing out on McGinn last summer, Lennon getting the job in the shower, transfer list leak or the underlying, unspoken tension of their child sexual abuse cover up but something is up with them. Can’t imagine those tweets being sent out at any other time since 2012.

Oh please do try. Kent knows exactly how that'd go down, who'd be coaching him, what it would do for his career and there's no way he'd sign.

So please try... It'll be hilarious!
Fact that Liverpool have already stared they won't deal with Celtic in loan deals seems to be escaping their diseased little pea-brained minds

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if he signs for them now as seems not many tempting English sides are willing to pay that much.

Didn’t we pay £2.5 for Kevin Thomson back in 2007?

I don’t honestly think even in the Scottish market £3 million is that bad

Very telling that, in a country where their football clubs are awash with cash, not one English team sees him as worth that sort of money.

As for Kevin Thomson, he had been established in the Hibs 1st team far longer than just 6 months.

Very telling that, in a country where their football clubs are awash with cash, not one English team sees him as worth that sort of money.

As for Kevin Thomson, he had been established in the Hibs 1st team far longer than just 6 months.
I understand that but we signed Thomson at 21/22 and having played 80 games for hibs.

Turnbull is 19 and played 32 games for Motherwell.

The boy has talent and I agree that English clubs might not value him at that price but if he was in league 1 down there clubs would be willing to pay double that.

They don’t value any players playing up here

Deal back on then by the looks of it.

He starts already needing to prove himself with even more pressure on him after that fiasco :)

I understand that but we signed Thomson at 21/22 and having played 80 games for hibs.

Turnbull is 19 and played 32 games for Motherwell.

The boy has talent and I agree that English clubs might not value him at that price but if he was in league 1 down there clubs would be willing to pay double that.

They don’t value any players playing up here

Would you want Rangers to pay out that sort of money for him mate?

I'm not doubting he's got potential, but at the moment, that's all it is.

He'll be the new Protestant whipping boy after McGregor and Forrest.

The club that's open to all.......as long as you're Roman Kafflick.

Must confess i hate seeing good protestant players joining that rancid organisation...the same way a small piece of me dies everytime i see/hear of a protestant supporting the sporting wing of the ira.

He was the heartbeat in the best Hibs team of my generation and the captain. £2.5m well spent imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back