Trophy Day TV Coverage

I see tomorrow's sky coverage will start half an hour before k.o. and until 3pm. Doesn't seem to be much time to soak up the day and what it means.

I'm not a season ticket holder but am happy to pay for RTV coverage if that's an option.

Is there any information on what their day's coverage will look like?

Thanks in advance for any constructive advice, I know how these requests sometimes pan out.

I see tomorrow's sky coverage will start half an hour before k.o. and until 3pm. Doesn't seem to be much time to soak up the day and what it means.

I'm not a season ticket holder but am happy to pay for RTV coverage if that's an option.

Is there any information on what their day's coverage will look like?

Thanks in advance for any constructive advice, I know how these requests sometimes pan out.
Premier League match follows at 3

Would be great to know this.

My current thinking is to watch it live on Sky as I’ll get the whole RTV experience as live later.

Depending on what RTV have planned, I may give Sky a miss.

This for me. Also once the post match coverage on sky stops, change over if its still on or have RTV on the laptop.

on sky sports footbal l 403 at 3pm , sky have a retro championship game on from 20 years ago , so nothing to stop them extending the broadcast if need be.

Agreed, this is a big deal tbh, you have a team that have worked their way back up through the divisions to lift the trophy, this should be a story.
I just hope they capture the scenes, interviews, player celebrations, manager reactions and ensure the visual content is representative of the magnitude of occasion that it is.

Knowing Sky, they will be cutting to adverts every 2 seconds, going back to the studio and missing the best bits. Hope i'm proved wrong.

Surely the game is on the VST? You shouldn't need a VPN
The game will be available to those on the VST.

The game will NOT be available within the UK on PPV since Sky are showing it live.

The game will be available to those overseas, or 'overseas', who either have an Unlimited subscription or who purchase the RangersTV Unlimited 3 Day Pass (available now). If purchasing then do NOT login first, just click on Subscribe then buy the 3 Day Unlimited Pass - it will take you though login as part of the process.

A tip which I should probably keep to myself, those who purchased a 3 Day Pass on the afternoon of the St Johnstone game in midweek will probably find it might cover them for tomorrow. I asked earlier in the season and was told it was 72 hours from time of purchase. No guarantees that will work though. I suspect the midweek offering was meant to be a 2 Day Unlimited Pass and they screwed up.

With regards to timing - and this is only a guess - I'm not sure we will see anything other than the normal build-up, timing wise, pre-match. Hopefully we do get an extended post-match show though as that's when the real action is. Hopefully.

Finally, I suggest logging in early, whether you are VST, overseas or 'overseas'. Watch Live button normally goes red circa 1 hour before kick-off and takes you to the Placeholder screen.

Last edited:
I'v found the games on VST dont have a geo block on them for unlimited subscribers so no VPN needed which is good coz RTV works great on my smart tv browser.

The game will NOT be available within the UK on PPV since Sky are showing it live.

The game will be available to those overseas, or 'overseas' who either have an Unlimited subscription or who purchase the RangersTV Unlimited 3 Day Pass (available now).

A tip which I should probably keep to myself, those who purchased a 3 Day Pass on the afternoon of the St Johnstone game in midweek will probably find it might cover them for tomorrow. I asked earlier in the season and was told it was 72 hours from time of purchase. No guarantees that will work though. I suspect the midweek offering was meant to be a 2 Day Unlimited Pass and they screwed up.

With regards to timing - and this is only a guess - I'm not sure we will see anything other than the normal build-up, timing wise, pre-match. Hopefully we do get an extended post-match show though as that's when the real action is. Hopefully.

Finally, I suggest logging in early, whether you are VST, overseas or 'overseas'. Watch Live button normally goes red circa 1 hour before kick-off and takes you to the Placeholder screen.
I hope you get yourself a nice break in the close season, as you have been an absolute GURU to all us RTV noobs/novices.
Kudos to you @Valley Bluenose. I hope you have a great weekend of celebrations, thanks for all your help.

I'v found the games on VST dont have a geo block on them for unlimited subscribers so no VPN needed which is good coz RTV works great on my smart tv browser.
Correct mate. If you have an Unlimited subscription you don't need your VPN on for home games. Think its been that way since they switched us all to the same RangersTV website back in February and moved VST viewers away from the live.rangers.co.uk site. Might even have been earlier.

It might even be that those purchasing the 3 Day Unlimited Pass - who will need to be overseas or 'overseas' to do so - will not then need to switch on their VPN to actually view the match (just to make the purchase). I've not tried that one though, so no guarantees. Worth a try though.

When do we think the trophy will actually be presented? Straight after full time?

Last edited:
Agreed, this is a big deal tbh, you have a team that have worked their way back up through the divisions to lift the trophy, this should be a story.
They are only giving 45 minutes (or less) from the game ending, to the stage geing set up, the players and staff coming back out, receiving the trophy and having a celebration, it’s very poor coverage.

The game will be available to those overseas, or 'overseas' who either have an Unlimited subscription or who purchase the RangersTV Unlimited 3 Day Pass (available now).

That will be why they changed to the 2 days, as 3 days was getting you 2 games.

Didnt know they offered the 3 day again.

That will be why they changed to the 2 days, as 3 days was getting you 2 games.

Didnt know they offered the 3 day again.
They switch regularly from 2 days to 3 days on the Unlimited passes. I think they screwed up on Wednesday by offering a 3 Day instead of a 2 Day.

I mentioned earlier that those who bought the 3 Day Unlimited Pass late on Wednesday afternoon would probably find it covers them for tomorrows game as its supposed to be valid for 72 hours. However, on the other hand, if you buy the latest 3 Day Unlimited Pass tomorrow it will give you access to any footage RangersTV upload on Sunday and Monday, as well as tomorrows game of course, and there will hopefully be a fair bit to see. Could probably just put it on a loop of the trophy presentation and watch that all night and day ha ha.

Aren't we on Sky Sports Football so a different channel from any EPL game?

Our game is on both Main Event and Football channels.

Main Event switches over to the Southampton game at 2.45, Football goes to 3pm.

They switch regularly from 2 days to 3 days on the Unlimited passes. I think they screwed up on Wednesday by offering a 3 Day instead of a 2 Day.

I mentioned earlier that those who bought the 3 Day Unlimited Pass late on Wednesday afternoon would probably find it covers them for tomorrows game as its supposed to be valid for 72 hours. However, on the other hand, if you buy the latest 3 Day Unlimited Pass tomorrow it will give you access to any footage RangersTV upload on Sunday and Monday, as well as tomorrows game of course, and there will hopefully be a fair bit to see. Could probably just put it on a loop of the trophy presentation and watch that all night and day ha ha.
I was late buying my pass on Weds, didn't get in until half time, so hoping I'm covered until 7pm on Sat.

In all honesty though if I'm not I'll happily hand over my hard earned cash for another pass!

I want interviews with the whole squad, I was gutted no Kent interview the day we actually won the league so that needs rectified!

The game is live on Sky Sports so I’m guessing we can’t be in the UK to watch the game.

What about any build up from Ibrox and the big moment and subsequent party post match?

Are the club putting a show on RTV (#1) and #2 do we think or even know if it’ll be available to watch as-live later tomorrow night?

DOUBLE POST DUE TO MERGING OF THREADS

The game will be available to those overseas, or 'overseas', who either have an Unlimited subscription or who purchase the RangersTV Unlimited 3 Day Pass (available now). If purchasing then do NOT login first, just click on Subscribe then buy the 3 Day Unlimited Pass - it will take you though login as part of the process.

EDIT: I'm sure I saw a post saying Heart & Hand, maybe @David Edgar , had hinted at something 'special' from RangersTV on Sunday. Or did I imagine that?

Last edited:

The game will be available to those overseas, or 'overseas', who either have an Unlimited subscription or who purchase the RangersTV Unlimited 3 Day Pass (available now).

EDIT: I'm sure I saw a post saying Heart & Hand, maybe @David Edgar , had hinted at something 'special' from RangersTV on Sunday. Or did I imagine that?

Back