Tv licence fee - we are not getting what we pay for .

Should we pay for a service we do not receive ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • No

Votes: 348 98.6%

• Total voters

Axelrod

In light of James Traynors interview with club 1872, and a clear comment at the end basically saying Rangers fans are being short changed by bbc Scotland but that we in numbers CAN change things - would we as a collective be willing to hit Pacific Quay where it hurts , in the pocket?

Let me be clear I am not advocating anybody breaking any law .

There are alternatives these days to having a tv licence .

Most people like myself pay monthly , you do wonder what would happen if all of a sudden thousands of people forgot to pay for a few months in a row or found alternatives altogether . Given that we pay them in advance anyway , it’s easy to catch back up IF and ONCE we are given the same balance and service as every other football fan in the country .

I gave an example on the other thread , if even 10,000 Rangers minded households decided against the tv license , that’s over £120,000 per month loss for Pacific Quay , or £1.4 million per year . That’s not an unachievable number in fact I reckon we could greatly exceed it .

I don’t imagine the big wigs in bbc down south would be best pleased with a sudden huge dip in monthly payments from a huge section of Scottish society . Just saying .

Why should we pay for a service we are not getting ? Until it’s resolved it’s a clear case of the blue pound forcing these people to come to their senses. It’s all weve got but it’s a huge persuader and worked to get the spivs out .

Interested to hear everyone’s thoughts and views on this .

I cannot see how tens of thousands of Rangers fans would do this.
Until someone goes to court and fights a non-payment on the issue of a reduced discriminatory service and wins then this won't happen.

Until someone goes to court and fights a non-payment on the issue of a reduced discriminatory service and wins then this won't happen.

It’s a very simple process mate . Thousands do it already .

When we put our minds to things collectively it can be done .

As I said I’m not advocating anyone doing anything outwith the law , that would be silly and counter productive .

In light of James Traynors interview with club 1872, and a clear comment at the end basically saying Rangers fans are being short changed by bbc Scotland but that we in numbers CAN change things - would we as a collective be willing to hit Pacific Quay where it hurts , in the pocket?

Most people like myself pay monthly , you do wonder what would happen if all of a sudden thousands of people forgot to pay for a few months in a row or found alternatives altogether . Given that we pay them in advance anyway , it’s easy to catch back up IF and ONCE we are given the same balance and service as every other football fan in the country .

I gave an example on the other thread , if even 10,000 Rangers minded households decided against the tv license , that’s over £120,000 per month loss for Pacific Quay , or £1.4 million per year . That’s not an unachievable number in fact I reckon we could greatly exceed it .

I don’t imagine the big wigs in bbc down south would be best pleased with a sudden huge dip in monthly payments from a huge section of Scottish society . Just saying .

Why should we pay for a service we are not getting ? Until it’s resolved it’s a clear case of the blue pound forcing these people to come to their senses. It’s all weve got but it’s a huge persuader and worked to get the spivs out .

Why not crowdfund a court case and have a judge rule on whether they are breaking their charter with the public. The part that says they must be impartial. If they are then ask that Rangers fans do not need to pay the license fee. Jim Traynor says that we have a catalogue of evidence, we could use that to start with.

Why not crowdfund a court case and have a judge rule on whether they are breaking their charter with the public. The part that says they must be impartial. If they are then ask that Rangers fans do not need to pay the license fee. Jim Traynor says that we have a catalogue of evidence, we could use that to start with.

Yes mate I think that’s a shout .

How would the BBC possibly know that you are deliberately not paying your TV license simply because of the treatment of Rangers? It's not like you're going to tell them this, thus admitting you're breaking the law.

It is always smarter to work within the law if possible and to use the law against such people is smarter again.
Further, is there no MP that can bring this up in Parliament?
Surely to fck we have at least one MP on our side?

It is always smarter to work within the law if possible and to use the law against such people is smarter again.
Further, is there no MP that can bring this up in Parliament?
Surely to fck we have at least one MP on our side?
You would think so, out of 129 in Holyrood and 650 in Westminster. I also think we could have a case against the SFA as well. We don't have to win but they would have to answer questions they don't answer at the moment. E.G. How was the CO appointed? Who appointed her? What was the criteria? Why was the job not open to other applicants? What team do the association members support? Who appointed them? You get my drift on this, in court they would have to answer if they are cited in court for corruption.

Last edited:
How would the BBC possibly know that you are deliberately not paying your TV license simply because of the treatment of Rangers? It's not like you're going to tell them this, thus admitting you're breaking the law.

If several thousand people in Scotland all of a sudden don’t pay the licence fee then even they are not stupid enough to not know why .

It will be crystal clear

All this pish about “breaking the law”. Not paying the BBC is not breaking any laws. Wisen up and deal in facts or we’ll get nowhere.

You simply go to the licence fee website, click opt out & put your address stating you don’t use any of their services. SKY & Virgin do not and cannot just demand money from your account every month if you don’t sign up to them. BBC licence fee is exactly the same. For some reason people are just scared to opt out.

All this pish about “breaking the law”. Not paying the BBC is not breaking any laws. Wisen up and deal in facts or we’ll get nowhere.

You simply go to the licence fee website, click opt out & put your address stating you don’t use any of their services. SKY & Virgin do not and cannot just demand money from your account every month if you don’t sign up to them. BBC licence fee is exactly the same. For some reason people are just scared to opt out.

If just one person was to win a case in the courts, then the deluge that followed would cause a national outcry.
Indeed if someone well enough represented was prepared to take this case to court, it may encourage an intervention from the BBC in London before the case got to court.
The crowdfunding idea is far smarter than encouraging an 'ad hoc' rebellion.

I threw my TV in a skip ten years ago and obviously don't need to pay. However, I'd have thought that many young people also don't need to pay because new technology means they don't watch live TV.

There are supposedly 27million TV licence payers in the UK, but the number is decreasing at the rate of 800,000 each year - about 3%.

Scotland already has the highest rate of what the BBC calls 'evasion' at 10%.

Very easy and they can’t do very much about it.
Cancel, tell them you don’t get an unbiased service and therefore you won’t watch your tv.
When someone comes to the door tell them you are not the home owner you’re just dog sitting a big bastarding dug that hates strangers.
If tens turns to hundreds turns to thousands they will soon get the fuckin message.

Letter to your MP said:
I am a BBC license payer in your constituency and am unfairly disadvantaged by the consistent BBC refusal to provide fair , equitable and accurate treatment to Rangers and provide me with my due coverage of my football team.

This has been going on for 4 years and I want resolution.

I have listed a url that details some of the more recent complaints

Could you please have a look at it?

I could provide many more examples than that , if necessary. Ones that particularly annoyed me was the suicide montage of Alistair McCoist , the editing of an answer from a different question to another question making our manager looking uncaring about sectarianism , referring to a Rangers football player on their own website by an obscenity and a model wearing our strip with a sectarian moniker.

Note the BBC will say that it is to do with the removal of journalistic privileges from a BBC journalist , despite many warnings , who continued after a series of disgraceful reports that were complained about , and admitted by the BBC internally to show bias , made one more that resulted in the removal. This was in the same week that the BBC had promised Rangers that he would cease being unfair and dishonest.

Please do not accept it. It is disingenuous as they continued , without sanctions , in at least three equivalent cases that I know of. There are probably more. It is merely another example of the BBC Scotland treating Rangers unfairly.

I have listed them below.

Jim Spencer and Dundee Utd

Dan Roan and Manchester City

The whole of the BBC and Alex Ferguson at Manchester Utd.

Broadcasting is not devolved. It is a Westminster issue.
Write to your MP.
You are not getting what you pay for.
There is mine above if you want a template.

With most other channels we know if we don't pay for the service, we get a "call this number to receive this channel" message but not with these wankers. They can easily do the same but no they actively fųcking THREATEN you if you don't pay them to have the freedom to watch YOUR telly.

Fųck these Rangers hating, peado protecting scumbags.

The whole license fee thing does need to be discussed at a much higher level. There is nothing in the BBC's services that should ensure everyone in the UK with a TV is forced to pay for it. In fact, it's almost criminal that people are forced to pay for a service they may not want and indeed are generally offended by a fair bit when it's not even a critical product.

I cancelled mine a few weeks ago after checking advice from Martin Lewis website. As long as you don't watch BBC or BBC iPlayer or live TV you don't have to pay. You tell them you don't watch BBC at all and the rest of the time you watch +1 TV it's upto them to prove you wrong

The BBC is an anachronism that has had its day, the product is garbage and all across the UK countless groups want the licence fee abolished, for their own reasons. The BBC licence fee is more expensive than Netflix for example, which do you prefer? Given it is a flat fee, it also disproportionately hammers lower income people.

The BBC is terrified of the domino effect, once we have a critical mass of people not paying, what are they gonna do? Take 50,000 people to court?

I've told the BBC to scramble my signal - it's not about not paying and getting something for free, I dont want their garbage product and it drives me nuts that I am forced to pay a considerable amount of money for a product that is not only garbage but one that I despise.

What next - the state holds a gun to your head and forces you to pay annually for a Lionel Blair greatest hits anthology??

I've never paid for a license, never will.

I wouldn't give that scumbag, paedo ring organization the steam off my shite.

For those not wanting to cancel their TV licence as they may watch some BBC programmes , There is something we can all do.

Simpy don't watch Sportscene, don't listen to off the ball, don't listen to any of their call in shows. Their shows only exist due to numbers of viewers/listeners,

What if you enjoy the remaining 99.9% of BBC TV and Radio content that has nothing to do with Rangers?

Nobody wants to see David Attenborough on the dole.

I'll be back in the UK soon and I'll not be paying my licence fee.

This is a campaign we CAN win.

Get on board.

What if you enjoy the remaining 99.9% of BBC TV and Radio content that has nothing to do with Rangers?

Nobody wants to see David Attenborough on the dole.

Continue to pay for if you think it is value for money. I personally don't pay for a TV License anymore and since all the nonsense started with them and Rangers I never look at their websites or listen to their sports shows.

This. lets go after them

F'uck the BBC and if the Licence enforcement team. chap my door when I'm at work a few barks from my dug will send them gone. Peek through the letter box and yer a goner. :))

The whole license fee thing does need to be discussed at a much higher level. There is nothing in the BBC's services that should ensure everyone in the UK with a TV is forced to pay for it. In fact, it's almost criminal that people are forced to pay for a service they may not want and indeed are generally offended by a fair bit when it's not even a critical product.
by showing the highlights or live games they are effectively advertising the clubs sponsors yet they claim not to advertise, other thing that annoys me is how you can watch BBC overseas. BBC World News claims to be watched by a weekly audience of 74 million in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.[8] BBC World News is most commonly watched as a free-to-air (FTA) channel. BBC One (Northern Ireland) is widely available in the Republic of Ireland on cable and satellite television. BBC One is also available on cable and IPTV in the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. On 27 March 2013 it was offered by British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) to members of HM Forces and their families around the world, replacing the BFBS1 TV channel, which already carried a selection of BBC One programmes.[1

Two Points:

What about some kind of online database? Not quite a petition but something similar. Online petitions generate publicity anyway but what I was thinking was if every licence fee paying Rangers supporter signs up to demand a fair representation for the club and in doing so register their licence fee number and the database totals up the number of people and how much this equates to funding BBC Scotland each year. This way the BBC and Ofcom can easily see the weight of feeling and the budgetary impact if everyone cancelled their licence.

The current complaints system at present appears like it is almost designed to deter people from making complaints where as in the financial services sector the regulatory authority has handed out big fines to Banks for not having good enough systems for dealing with complaints. Can Ofcom do this to the BBC?

I listened to the Traynor interview and I have cancelled the direct debit with them, it was the final straw after the Kilmarnock game they highlighted the words to the cheer up Stevie Clarke song on the news, but no mention of the Kris Boyd song. They are clearly treating us differently to everyone else and it is time for a mass cancellation from thousands of Rangers fans.

Two Points:

What about some kind of online database? Not quite a petition but something similar. Online petitions generate publicity anyway but what I was thinking was if every licence fee paying Rangers supporter signs up to demand a fair representation for the club and in doing so register their licence fee number and the database totals up the number of people and how much this equates to funding BBC Scotland each year. This way the BBC and Ofcom can easily see the weight of feeling and the budgetary impact if everyone cancelled their licence.

The current complaints system at present appears like it is almost designed to deter people from making complaints where as in the financial services sector the regulatory authority has handed out big fines to Banks for not having good enough systems for dealing with complaints. Can Ofcom do this to the BBC?
The BBc have a company that they pay to deal with complaints. The BBC personnel don't see them.

Why should we pay for a service we are not getting ? Until it’s

resolved it’s a clear case of the blue pound forcing these people to come to their senses. It’s all weve got but it’s a huge persuader and worked to get the spivs out .

Cancelled mine last month, cheeky cunts are more than Neflix

Back