Twisted headlines in the media.

calderbear

Saw a headline printed in the Scotman about Craig Moore being sacked in a row about orange strips.
Thought Craig was maybe in trouble for being uber staunch and you insisting his team wear orange strips.
Turns out the issue was team numbers were peeling off the orange strips and Craig as football director was getting the blame.
Talk about a misleading headline purposely trying to stir up the shit.
I really am getting old as I remember when the Scotsman was a respectable newspaper and not just another gutter level tabloid rag.

Last edited:
Mate, it is pretty much every headline in every newspaper for years.

I have spent far too much of my time on Facebook and the like saying "did you read the article though?"

Saw that headline and thought there must have been controversy over the orange colour of the strip - but no, the article stressed that Brisbane Roar were proud of their colours. Beware, vermin “journalist” at work.

It's called clickbait. Scurge of the modern world and one of the precursors to the emergence of 'fake news'. Used to be the remit of rags and direputable websites. Now even the broadsheets are at it.

As for anti-Rangers bias, there's one paper I've yet to see it from and that's the Evening Times. What's other bears thoughts on this? Should we throw our weight behind this paper like we seem to be doing with Rocksport Radio to try and encourage continued fair and impartial reporting of us before they turn to the dark side? Or am I giving them more credit than they're due?

Edit: think I'll start a new thread on this.

Saw a headline printed in the Scotman about Craig Moore being sacked in a row about orange strips.
Thought Craig was maybe in trouble for being uber staunch and you insisting his team wear orange strips.
Turns out the issue was team numbers were peeling and off the orange strips and Craig as football director was getting the blame.
I really am getting old as I remember when the Scotsman was a respectable newspaper and not just another gutter level tabloid rag.
Turns out the issue was team numbers were peeling and off the orange strips and Craig as football director was getting the blame.
Talk about a misleading headline purposely trying to stir up
Another mentally challenged rag, not what it once was.

Back