Twitter Thread: Three Years On (@zimmerman_72)

BrooklynBlue

Twitter handle: @zimmerman_72 - are you on here?

An excellent thread providing a succinct overview of the last three years. It starts with:

"Been thinking about the 5-0 game at Parkhead from 2018 recently. The last Old Firm game before Gerrard arrived. Despite being our 2nd season back in the Premiership it felt as though we were further from the title than we'd ever been. Truthfully it was 5 going on 10."

Well worth a read.
https://twitter.com/zimmerman_72

I was at Craig Tara that weekend with the wife. Went to Heads of Ayr farm park rather than watch the game. Me and the wife went to the bingo later on and the hall was full of ***’s disrupting the bingo.

Security chucked 3 of them out which was fun.

Switched the game off after about 20 minutes. Couldn't watch it but also couldn't take my eyes away from flashscores praying they wouldn't get any more. It's still a miracle to me how they never scored more than 5 that day - felt like they were getting chances every 30 seconds. Feeling nothing but relief at them only getting 5 just proves exactly how far we've come since then.

Good, interesting read. Shows how far we have came under Gerrard. And also underlines why even taking three years is a massive achievement.

Terrific stuff. I'm fairly certain he was a poster at some stage. As recent as last year. Hopefully still around to see the rightful praise for the thread.

Well done OP, although I have no idea what goes on in most of the Twitter things. I definitely get the gist of this!!

Love it

I don't do Twitter, can anyone explain what the thread is? I just see individual posts.
Presumably a rangers fan talking about the clubs timeline since that 5-0 drubbing at the piggery .

he felt , as we all did , that we were further away from the title than ever . But then SG came in , the players we had were shipped off to lesser clubs were they belonged .

we have since that game amassed more points than Celtic , went further in Europe than Celtic and are having continued improvement while Celtic have stagnated , drunk on their own hubris , more interested in rubbing our noses in it .

he finishes by saying it’s a rather poetic ending to our journey that we might win the title at the piggery

I don't do Twitter, can anyone explain what the thread is? I just see individual posts.
Here’s what it says

Been thinking about the 5-0 game at Parkhead from 2018 recently. The last Old Firm game before Gerrard arrived. Despite being our 2nd season back in the Premiership it felt as though we were further from the title than we'd ever been. Truthfully it was 5 going on 10.

But less than 3 years later we face the possibility of going to Parkhead and winning the title there ourselves. A somewhat poetic conclusion to the last decade.

Looking at the starting 11s from that day 7 of the Celtic 11 have continued to be key figures for Celtic, right up to this season. Just 1 of Rangers starters remains at the Club.

Rangers have obviously went through a much needed revolution but Celtic stagnated. They got complacent. They bought into the hype surrounding them. They believed they were light years ahead of Rangers, and to be fair they were.

They celebrated by taunting our players and fans, they tied scarves around posts, they paraded around in police hats. Their arrogance was built on sand though.

They may have been light years ahead of Rangers but it was a Rangers team containing players now plying their trade at the likes of St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hamilton, Hearts, Dundee, Livi and Hibs. Players, with no disrespect, that were never credible title challengers.

Once Gerrard arrived, and Rangers began to build the foundations of a team that might be able to challenge, things changed. Since that day in April 2018, Rangers have won more Old Firm games than Celtic. Rangers have progressed further in Europe than Celtic.

Since that game, Rangers have amassed 235 points from 101 league games. Celtic 229 from 102.

This season is not a one off, aided by a pandemic and refereeing conspiracies. It's been in the post. Celtic and their fans were just too arrogant, drunk on their successes to take notice of the increasing challenge.

Back