Two big league games for us now

Agreed. Win next week at all costs. We can put real pressure on them by winning our next 2 games. I remember in Gerrard’s first season how difficult playing catch up every week was. It’s mentally exhausting.

These two games are massive.

Regain form against the tougher teams in the league, take the 6 points, and we'll find ourselves 4 clear minimum of everyone else.

They'll all take points off each other, but we need to make sure we play our part and keep our place at the top.

If we win our next 5 I think the league is over.
I was looking at this. Next 5 takes us up to end of October. If we can win those 5 games I think we would be at an absolute minimum 11 clear by Halloween.

I think absolute best case scenario for them, they will win next week against Aberdeen, drop 2 points at Fir Park, beat St Johnstone at home then drop 3 at Easter road, then beat Livi at home.

By comparison, it took us till end of October last year to open up a 6 point gap against them.

Anyway we need to concentrate on the next game and our current closest challengers who are Hearts and Hibs. They have both started well and sit only a point behind us.

What will be will be.They might look massive games but we could go and beat hibs then hearts and then drop points in the following games. All ifs and buts.

I think Hibs will be the biggest test we have faced so far in the league. We will have to sort out the defence as there's goals in that Hibs side.

Hivs at home Sunday. A win is vital as they and the Jambos seem to be our only "serious" challenge this season.

We need to up it by at least 20% to get a result next Sunday. Play like we’ve been playing and we will struggle to get even a draw. Hibs were probably the hardest games overall last season and they look like they've improved this season.

The bottom line is every league game is crucial until we cannot be caught, simple as that. We need that CL pot of gold.

I'm more confident of those games because we won't have to break down 10 men to score. That's where we struggle

Back