Two Club 1872 directors have reisgned

The fact they don’t have any board representation is mental to me, it really is. However, if the board aren’t willing to accommodate them then I don’t see why C1872 should do anything other than play it right down the middle with the club and just say it like it is.

You are correct. An entity with such a large shareholding should have a place on the board. They should not be asking questions from the outside, they should be in there making the decisions.

We’ve been members of RST transferring over to Club1872, under RST we had regular feedback sessions and AGMs. Under Club 1872 communication has been poor and I think it’s two years since we had an AGM+?
Club 1872 has never had an AGM. There have been a few members meetings, that’s it.

A substantial shareholder shouldn’t be so far out of the loop.
I’ve got my own small shares, and not a member of Club1872, but it’s certainly a bit concerning.

Chris Graham has never been an 1872 Board Member if my memory is correct
Thought he was, along with the 2 who have resigned and a female who‘s name escapes me. Anybody who thinks the club haven’t had any contact with C1872 ref Castore is surely wrong.
maybe C1872 don’t like the answers but I can’t believe the club are ignoring C1872,

No, I’m not sure how to find it. Maybe he can re-post.

Doesn't sound good.
Club 1872 is a massive organisation with a huge income and a 5% shareholding in our club. There should be a full time Administrator and at least 2 part-time employees who are elected but paid a proper salary for the job.
This transparency would remove any nonsense about the club paying anyone thus causing a potential conflict of interest.
C1872 can afford to pay its own running cost. The club should give a rent free office to contribute properly but independently.
We need an EGM to get everything out in the open and a proper professional Structure put in place ASAP.

The in-fighting, egomania and blazer chase is still some way away from changing it seems.

By all reports C1872 is hating itself to death, like all other previous trusts.

Add in the mix of the club treating it with utter contempt, then it doesn’t have the feeling of ending well.

Wouldn't waste your time mate, he clearly doesn’t want to see that can be interpreted another way.

"Are taking place" means they're happening now.

Club1872 have said they're not.

Something is happening with the entire situation that is for the watching.

Last edited:

Keep an eye on Bisgrove. Something is happening with the entire situation that is for the watching.

Forget the wording of that message, are you aware that the poster confirmed he did not say it?

Keep an eye on Bisgrove. Something is happening with the entire situation that is for the watching.

See post below.
Bisgrove didnt say "right now" they are speaking to Club1872 as in giving a timeline - he was asked why they weren't there and his response was that the board will be discussing directly. I think it's splitting hairs to call him a liar because it hasnt happened yet if thats what C72 are reporting

If you dont rate him fair enough, but you can’t call him out as a liar for an incident which never happened.

See post below.
Bisgrove didnt say "right now" they are speaking to Club1872 as in giving a timeline - he was asked why they weren't there and his response was that the board will be discussing directly. I think it's splitting hairs to call him a liar because it hasnt happened yet if thats what C72 are reporting

If you dont rate him fair enough, but you can’t call him out as a liar for an incident which never happened.

And Club1872 has said there's been nothing at all...not even an indictation of timelines

Twist the wording on what he "meant" however you want but something doesn't add up.

Last edited:
And Club1872 has said there's been nothing at all...not even an infictation of timelines

Twist the wording on what he "meant" however you want but somethig doesn't add up.

Bisgrove has made a balls of the Castore issue in the last month or so.

Ok.

What's bisgrove up to then, tell us. Other than bringing in much needed revenue to the club.

I thought the subject was C 1872, not Bisgrove.

Discussing Club 1872 doesn't necessarily mean posters are against it, perhaps it needs looked at.

Club 1872 is a massive organisation with a huge income and a 5% shareholding in our club. There should be a full time Administrator and at least 2 part-time employees who are elected but paid a proper salary for the job.
This transparency would remove any nonsense about the club paying anyone thus causing a potential conflict of interest.
C1872 can afford to pay its own running cost. The club should give a rent free office to contribute properly but independently.
We need an EGM to get everything out in the open and a proper professional Structure put in place ASAP.
I am going to email them as soon as I get a chance, details in that resignation letter are extraordinary.
I think Laura should be given the right of reply.
Although I'm not hopeful of getting an early reply.
No idea who the Director is who claims he built the organization up as it's utter nonsense. RST and RF came together to form Club 1872

I remember back in the very early days of the FF forum, I spent a lot of time arguing against the RST (and picked up a few suspensions for it when I was young and impetuous with my language), I have always worried about how the type of model operates just because if I pay money in, I like to get something for it. Hence I have my own shares.

once things were at their worst for the club, i relented and joined club 1872, but it wasn’t long before there was the first bout of boardroom arguments, resignations, etc, and now it seems to have that again, and a lack of transparency. Judging by the statements, the people issuing them have a high opinion of themselves, but my fear was always that they forget they are in that position because of a lot of other people’s money. That should always be remembered.

I remember back in the very early days of the FF forum, I spent a lot of time arguing against the RST (and picked up a few suspensions for it when I was young and impetuous with my language), I have always worried about how the type of model operates just because if I pay money in, I like to get something for it. Hence I have my own shares.

once things were at their worst for the club, i relented and joined club 1872, but it wasn’t long before there was the first bout of boardroom arguments, resignations, etc, and now it seems to have that again, and a lack of transparency. Judging by the statements, the people issuing them have a high opinion of themselves, but my fear was always that they forget they are in that position because of a lot of other people’s money. That should always be remembered.
The only people that should be on the Board of Club 1872 are the ones that do what's right for both the Members and our Club

I am going to email them as soon as I get a chance, details in that resignation letter are extraordinary.
I think Laura should be given the right of reply.
Although I'm not hopeful of getting an early reply.
No idea who the Director is who claims he built the organization up as it's utter nonsense. RST and RF came together to form Club 1872

That resignation letter is from 2018 Rab.

Might do if you’re sitting waiting for a reply in September 2020. I’d hope Laura has responded by now.
I have never asked about this, I only asked, more than once when we were having our next meeting. I have never had a reply.
Maybe they are using the SPFL computer
Someone might correct me but I think the last members' meeting was 3 years ago.

A lot of club 1872s former strength was based upon Dave Kings relationship with Chris Graham. Given that Kings left perhaps that's meant a change in relationship.
To be fair I'm not overly bothered, I look back on my time on the C1872 board as time wasted.

I thought Chris Graham had quit his position at the club to concentrate on his other work?

Is that you Isa ?
ozZ3ktT.gif

I dont know any of the individuals involved at all but I've worked on all sorts of local committees for 50 years, the first one being a youth club in my teens, the last Chair of a CC. Delusions of power, personalities and principles can be a heavy mix and often its the most principled good guys who bale first for reasons of integrity and the wrong people who always seem to endure, presumably because they dont hold to any personal conduct standards. The only way committees work long term is to be washed rinsed and dried on a regular basis with faces not staying for more than say 2-3 years at a time, office bearers turning over even quicker. Otherwise, conflict builds up, disagreement reigns and the whole thing falls apart, eventually to grow and evolve from the ashes in a slightly different format but only to repeat the lifecycle.
I hope 1872 can sort themselves out, theyve an important part to play and need to concentrate their energies on being pro-active, not on infighting.

The only people that should be on the Board of Club 1872 are the ones that do what's right for both the Members and our Club

absolutely, and they need to be both transparent and always aware that they are there to represent those members. Not be on what I used to call a ‘member-subsidised ego trip’ - anyone in an elected position anywhere needs to be wary of becoming to self-important and believing that they know gear without consultation.

The Rev MacQuarrie emailed me this morning with this which he has since said he is happy to have published in this thread by means of clarification.

On 12 Sep 2020, at 11:43, Stuart MacQuarrie <stuart@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Mark,

I noticed the thread in Follow Follow about my resignation from the Board of Directors of Club 1872. For the moment I am not able to go into the very serious reasons which led me to resign. These purely concern Club 1872 and have nothing to do with my retirement from full time working, nor the ill founded suggestions that I am re-entering the world of politics. I would like to thank members of Club 1872 and fellow Rangers supporters for their support and their trust in electing me to the Board of Club 1872.

Kind regards,

Stuart

I nominated Stuart for 1872, he is one of the most decent human beings you could ever meet. I have known him for a long number of years, Cranhill boy. Without going into any details at this time, there is a lot more to it, He is still on a few Voluntary Boards

I’ve chatted with him whilst at Glasgow Uni (including at my graduation) and am ashamed to admit I had no idea he was part of Club 1872. An extremely nice guy it has to be said.

Last edited:
Back