Two Club 1872 directors have reisgned

sneddon38

My biggest gripe with Club1872 is that they were desperate for a seat on the board. I personally wanted them to push for larger numbers that would allow them to buy more shares. The potential is huge for a fans ownership model for Rangers.

High Society

It is the way the conversation is going that is embarrassing, nudge nudge wink wink Laura Laura etc just come out and say what it is or why bother? Adults acting like 6th form prefects who are in the know.
Not nudge nudge for me. I want to see proper governance from a 5% Shareholder Group that’s representing us. We can hardly complain about transparency when this is being run like a closed shop.

Alex

I would trust Joanne 100% but I’m not sure if she is aware of some of what has been going on.
are you able to say what has gone on? Surely members shouldn’t be left to having a nose on companies house to see where and when resignations have taken place.

sneddon38

And there you have the 64000$ question
I would imagine they will now need to put out a statement either confirming everything or deflecting some if not all of the criticism
Did the vehicle for disabled fans happen? I didn’t actually see it before lockdown and I’m pretty sure that got given the go ahead in 2019.

BlueFlagHigh

I would trust Joanne 100% but I’m not sure if she is aware of some of what has been going on.
So we have yourself and Reverend Macquarrie , two trustworthy and well known faces , giving us a red flag that something huge and at best “ concerning “ is going on at club1872 , but we are left to guess what it actually means . I realise people can’t just come out with allegations but some sort of clarity simply must be sought here . I’ll say again , what on earth is going on ?

Haining84

Rangers First CIC was apolitical as a body, every single individual member I knew joined to force Regime change.
We raised about a million pounds towards buying shares to vote the last Board out, not bad for being ' no good to anybody'.
We only got Regime change because we had enough votes to oust them
Dave King didn't think RF was ' no good to anyone'
You are being very insulting to at least 12000 Rangers fans.
It served a purpose at the time mate and I’m not knocking that but going forward being apolitical wasn’t the answer imo.

Mickey Donovan

I’m not sure why Bisgrove is being targeted here for comms. Robertson is the MD and leader of the ship. How he is getting away with this and letting the focus go on his team underlines he’s a glorified FD looking at it externally.
Poster in question misunderstood a second hand account of what Bisgrove allegedly said. Poster who was at the focus group later clarified that he was wrong.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
It is the way the conversation is going that is embarrassing, nudge nudge wink wink Laura Laura etc just come out and say what it is or why bother? Adults acting like 6th form prefects who are in the know.
Aye everyone acting ITK on the situation but not saying it. Let's just get it all out in the open within reason. We need factual information.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Unless someone comes out and says what the issue is, the issue will never be addressed. Come on. @mdingwall do we have a timescale on when the ex director can let members know publicly?

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Disagree on that Robert, the merger has done nothing for the RFC, and if RFC loved c1872 they would not have started a separate membership and conferred privileges that could have gone to c1872
Sorry. But the two memberships serve completely different purposes.

You cant buy shares in Rangers or hold the board to account (in theoru) using mygers.

There is no points system in clubs 1872 nor is there any ability to sign up for away tickets.

Two completely different entites. I've seen this comparison already and its complete and utter nonsense.

Pollokprod

As someone who tried to get involved with c1872 to the stage of holding a signing day in the grapes and getting lots of join including our bus and make monthly donations. I hate the was thieves is turning out but with my dealings with the folk who are the voice and the brains behind it I’m not surprised. Now before folk think this is a dig at the folk involved it’s not as anyone in that positron is doing a thankless task. And folk willing to do it should be applauded. But something that could have been great for the support is nothing more than a donation now.

Cardee

As a member of C1872, I find it deeply concerning that this has festered over the weekend (at least), with no official communication to the membership at least acknowledging the issue.

As was pointed out earlier, C1872 sent out an email recently demanding clarity over the Castore issues, yet are unwilling to offer the same clarity to members over this.

It works both ways.

bluestreak

Official Ticketer
Sorry. But the two memberships serve completely different purposes.

You cant buy shares in Rangers or hold the board to account (in theoru) using mygers.

There is no points system in clubs 1872 nor is there any ability to sign up for away tickets.

Two completely different entites. I've seen this comparison already and its complete and utter nonsense.
I did say if the RFC had conferred the same privileges in c1872 membership

Porto Loyal

Such a carry on when must people just want them to buy shares.
And there, perhaps, is the issue. C1872 brought together two organisations with differing ethos (and indeed the fact we had two was brought about partially because of that IIRC). RST always had a campaigning element as well as the share ownership element, where as Rangers First seemed solely concerned with share ownership.

Ulster Loyal

Official Ticketer
They usually have quite the back log anyway. I suspect 24 hrs isnt enough time. Give them a week.
I'm prepared to give them 48 business hours, per our retail partner response times.

Tbf, I sent them an email on Saturday morning about a payment issue and there was a reply within a few hours.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Wi would like to know the situation too however given that this is a voluntary role do you really think that 48 hours is enough time? How many emals do you think they receive daily?
I'm prepared to give them 48 business hours, per our retail partner response times.

Tbf, I sent them an email on Saturday morning about a payment issue and there was a reply within a few hours.

jb_sow

Response from Club 1872:

"We have recently been updating our system and our Webmaster had put all our members' accounts 'on hold' in the 'My Account' area of our website until he was sure everything was working okay. This has now been completed and members' accounts are gradually being made active as their payments are being made.

The next member update is due out tomorrow and there will be a further update on the website upgrade included in it".
No sign of the promised Member's Update.

Northampton_Loyalist

This is what I said on that thread 2 and a bit years ago.

I left after the last round of director resignations because I did not feel that the group were going to hold it together at all at that point. They came back and have been working away in the background, seemingly quite well on the face of it. The fact that little rivalries keep bubbling up is a huge concern because it looks like people who are asking for votes to be on the board are not willing to let their personal opinions be shelved in order to carry out the wishes of the membership. If there is genuinely a feeling on the C1872 board that the club is transparent enough, that is one (wrong) thing, but if an individual representing the membership is stating that during meetings, there is a significant problem and that individual is not working under the mandate they have been given.

I think that they are suffering from trying to be all things to all men right now. Are they political? are they trying to get a seat on the board? are they in serious discussion about the issues at the club or are they fobbed off at every turn because they are walking a fine line and trying to balance several different spinning plates? Perhaps a more basic, single line approach would re-engage people like me, a clear purpose, well defined and with set goals. If all of that exists, it is well hidden.

One thing to remember, member or not, these people give of their time freely.
None of it has changed in the slightest and while people look to C1872 to do this, that and the other, the core aim of the group seems to have been lost in the noise of trying to run a multitude of projects with a handful of people.

I would strongly suggest that at the next election a handful of people, no experience needed, put themselves forward on a very narrow mandate; Defend the support, build membership, continue to build funds/shareholding and hold the club to account.

If people want to do other things, like the lottery, Charity foundation, anything, then they are free to do so but not under the auspices of a fans group that has struggled to maintain it's early promise. Get back to the basic job, cut out everything else and build a reputation.

BigJim

Agreed with a lot of the comments about trying to do too much and confusing the aims. Something like this needs a number of people helping as I assume these people are using their spare time.

hearing the reduction in numbers is concerning. What happens if everyone leaves - will the last person own the shares?

hms

I’d like to know how much of my and others Bears money is sitting in a bank account and what the intentions are.

change consent