CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

It just feels inevitable we'll play the Racists again. It wouldn't surprise me if away fans were not allowed (assuming they aren't already through covid).

It just feels inevitable we'll play the Racists again. It wouldn't surprise me if away fans were not allowed (assuming they aren't already through covid).
Away fans aren't allowed for any qualifying rounds so I think the play off is the same.

Absolutely mate. CL finances would be unbelievable but being battered left right and centre by the best sides in the world isn’t always better than getting a decent run at it and having some fantastic European nights.
Can still get that though by finishing third and dropping in to Europa League? No shame in that.

Champions League Play off at 11am.

Europa League draw should we lose to Malmo.

Note: If we progress against Malmo, we're guaranteed Europa League Group Stages.

Champions League Potential Opponents:

FC Salzburg (AUT)

Winners of GNK Dinamo (CRO) / Legia Warszawa (POL)

Winners of Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) / SK Slavia Praha (CZE)

Winners of Olympiacos FC (GRE) / PFC Ludogorets 1945 (BUL)

Ties played either:
Tuesday 17th August and Wednesday 25th August

Or

Wednesday 18th August and Tuesday 24th August

8pm kick off - BT have exclusive rights.
Is FC Salzburg Red Bull Salzburg? Would fancy our chances against any one in this draw - Slavia Prague could do without the sideshow to be honest but what a result it would be putting them out.

We’ve been punching above our weight for years, hopefully it continues but I just feel EL will be our level.

I do think it would be incredible to be in the CL but I fear we wouldn’t be able to compete with most sides.
I wouldnt say we have, I would say we've been boxing at our own weight but for the first time in decades we have been coached in a manner that suits European Football.

Scottish Football continually punches below our weight in Europe and when we get a good run from a team we class it as above our weight.

Punching above our weight would be QF CL not QF EL.

Prague were good, no point denying it. But we were well in the game and tie until Roofe got sent off. If he kicks the ball instead of the guys head we're 1-1, 2-2 on agg and favourites with 20 minutes left.
Prefer not to play them but they're not unbeatable.
I'll go along with that, rather than the half cut nonsence.

Last edited:
Is FC Salzburg Red Bull Salzburg? Would fancy our chances against any one in this draw - Slavia Prague could do without the sideshow to be honest but what a result it would be putting them out.
Yep, sponsorship reasons mean they are rebranded as FC Salzburg for UEFA competition.

More than happy if we beat Malmö and qualify for the Europa . Just do not see what the fuss is about with the CL these days . I get the finances are a wee bit more than the Europa , but it’s not as enjoyable a competition .

I feel if we draw Slavia there’s no way we lose the game. The players will be more than up for it.

They didn’t really annihilate us like some parts of the media suggested. 2 outrageous goals from Stancui in both legs. We were still in the game until Roofe got sent off.

Excited for this. It's a huge tie with Malmo, but if we get through I am sure that even the CL play-offs have the CL branding, theme etc. So hoping we can tick the "Champions League music back at Ibrox" box in the recovery phase.

More than happy if we beat Malmö and qualify for the Europa . Just do not see what the fuss is about with the CL these days . I get the finances are a wee bit more than the Europa , but it’s not as enjoyable a competition .
If we get back to back CL we are destined for domestic dominance.

Don’t tell me you didn’t dream about the CL when we were sat in div3?

If we get back to back CL we are destined for domestic dominance.

Don’t tell me you didn’t dream about the CL when we were sat in div3?
I dreamt of Europe not necessarily the CL . I like the Europa league it’s been superb for us the last three seasons , which have been the most enjoyable times in Europe for us since 2008 and 1992/3. The champions league isn’t enjoyable any more , it’s a lopsided tournament designed to make 7 or 8 clubs a lot of money every year. I prefer the Europa I don’t think I’m alone .

Nonsense .
I'm desperate to get back there after being away for 11 years. The aim of every ambitious club outside the top 5 leagues is to get there. Not just for the money but also the prestige. Players will be more likely to want to join us or stay with us if we are in the biggest club competition.

im fairly certain you get more money for CL Group Stage than you do for every round combined in the EL including winning it

Its not a wee bit more, if we do it two seasons on the bounce its the difference between being the best team in the SPFL and being by far the dominant team in the country and being able to compete at the highest level in Europe as well

I’m surprised so many people want to avoid Slavia.

When it was 11 v 11 in the game at Ibrox, I thought we were comfy and would at least go through on away goals.

Another shot at them with a fully fit team, the new signings, mentally and physically on it - I honestly think we put them away no bother.

Let's say CL groups resulted in £10 million more than Europa league groups which is probably a conservative estimate. For just one thing the club would likely charge more for CL group stage tickets.

Aside from being an immediate large amount of money for any Scottish side the very fact of being in the CL raises the profile of the club leading to more lucrative future sponsorship deals. And attract better quality players.

I'm desperate to get back there after being away for 11 years. The aim of every ambitious club outside the top 5 leagues is to get there. Not just for the money but also the prestige. Players will be more likely to want to join us or stay with us if we are in the biggest club competition.
I understand mate , it’s just for me personally I prefer the Europa league better . There’s still great money and prestige in that as well plus we can compete in it well . I love it

Salzburg would be too good for us I think.

Slavia would just bring up bad memories. I get it that people want revenge but you know the same issues will be brought up again

I understand mate , it’s just for me personally I prefer the Europa league better . There’s still great money and prestige in that as well plus we can compete in it well . I love it

the moneys not that good though but agree on it being enjoyable, but tbh id rather make CL and come 4th than make it through the Europa group stages.

We need the money plain and simple, and the healthier our bank balance becomes long term the better chance we have of building long term success. CL would also encourage better players.

plus theres also the Thursday-sunday games which i hate, if we get to play mostly on a saturday and the mhanks sunday they will always be on the back foot.

Salzburg would be too good for us I think.

Slavia would just bring up bad memories. I get it that people want revenge but you know the same issues will be brought up again
The only memories I have is their player being racist to one of ours.

It would be a massive motivation for the players and I’m confident they’d find another level.

The Euros counted in Kudela’s ban (somehow) so it means both him and Kamara’s first game back would be the second leg.

I dreamt of Europe not necessarily the CL . I like the Europa league it’s been superb for us the last three seasons , which have been the most enjoyable times in Europe for us since 2008 and 1992/3. The champions league isn’t enjoyable any more , it’s a lopsided tournament designed to make 7 or 8 clubs a lot of money every year. I prefer the Europa I don’t think I’m alone .
I’d much rather we took the CL money and got into the group stage. No reason why we couldn’t come 3rd and enter EL in the later stages.

Anyone but Salzburg.
I'm sure they're still a good side but are they one we should be fearing? Lost three of their best players in the last two windows, a new manager this summer. I know when they sell good players they usually replace them with ones at a equal level but i feel most teams at this stage if we get past Malmo are at a fairly similar level, RO16 or QF in the Europa League quality.

the moneys not that good though but agree on it being enjoyable, but tbh id rather make CL and come 4th than make it through the Europa group stages.

We need the money plain and simple, and the healthier our bank balance becomes long term the better chance we have of building long term success. CL would also encourage better players.

plus theres also the Thursday-sunday games which i hate, if we get to play mostly on a saturday and the mhanks sunday they will always be on the back foot.
Fair points , I’m not saying I don’t want us to qualify if it’s possible to do so , but I won’t be nervous or losing sleep over it . The Malmö tie is the main one , win that we are gauranteed Europa league football and a £5 million parachute payment if we lose to Salzburg or whoever in the CL qualifier . That’s still great .

Should we progress i hope the board dont take a kick at us with the price of tickets. Never once moaned about not seeing a game last year or anything but would be a tad disappointed in them

Olympiacos or Legia would be our best chance of qualifying. Salzburg would be too strong for us. Don't want Slavia.

Should we progress i hope the board dont take a kick at us with the price of tickets. Never once moaned about not seeing a game last year or anything but would be a tad disappointed in them
To the groups you mean? Likely be dearer than the europa league tickets were.

Would be happy if we avoid Salzburg and the pantomime that would ensue if we drew Slavia. Other two draws difficult but winnable.

Can still get that though by finishing third and dropping in to Europa League? No shame in that.

Absolutely not mate and quite possible. But we’ve seen what happened to the scum a few times being absolutely humiliated. I don’t think that would happen to us, but just think the Europa League is the best level for us to be able to advance.

I really hope we qualify, obviously, but we need to be realistic and not lose the plot if we don’t qualify.

Back