Two Innocuous Moments That Infuritated Me Tonight

Discussion in 'The Bear Pit' started by Coza, Dec 5, 2018 at 10:01 PM.

1. Bobans27

Bobans27 Well-Known Member

That was noticeable at the game. We started that break 2v2, ended up 6v2 with nobody else in sight

Grigo Yossarian likes this.
  2. Bobans27

Bobans27 Well-Known Member

I thought he was awful when he came on. Offered zero on both flanks.

He wasn’t alone though, whole front of the pitch was miles off it

3. Toproadloyal

Toproadloyal Active Member

Middleton was poor tonight, he knew himself he never had the beating of his man and his head went down and didn’t get into the game. We are expecting too much from him consistently.

grayzza likes this.
  4. Galstonian Blue

Galstonian Blue Member

Did anyone else notice in the first half, we chose to play a lot of long balls and completely miss out the midfield? Not like us and completely played into their rugby tactics

5. Ronniemca

Ronniemca Active Member

All these instances of players doing this wrong ,or making bad decisions etc etc.Why are we surprised at this? ,if you watch ,the same players do the same things most of the time.They are not trying to do it,they simply can't learn,because they are limited,they are mediocre and nothing will change that ,no manager,coach,trainer or whoever.The players are simply not good enough and it will take time to filter them out and bring better in ,that's just the way it is.

6. Dooodooodrooo

Dooodooodrooo Well-Known Member

McAuley looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights tonight.

7. LOL 133

LOL 133 Well-Known Member

Your last paragraph is bang on.

My pet hate is the way we give away possession at throw ins. Fair enough if teams mark our players and force them into errors but why do we not do the same?

grayzza and skorn like this.
  8. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? 6 Aberdeen players caught up with him, he had Morelos and that was it. He had no where to go.

Calgacus likes this.
  9. TN8

TN8 Well-Known Member

I've got an even more innocuous one. There was one in the first half when Goldson, with nobody anywhere near him, let the ball trickle - literally trickle back to McGregor..... then McGregor touched it 2 yards to him. Boy next to me was out his seat screaming. I can't say I blamed him. Just bemusing.

10. Texas ranger

Texas ranger Well-Known Member

That one caught my attention. Charge of the light brigade by I think six of them busting a gut like their life depended on it . A good few seconds later he comes the Rangers version.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 2:50 AM
  11. Jjbscotty

Jjbscotty Well-Known Member

Lost count how many times flanagan and goldson just launched it forward in the first half but cant blame them the midfield were hiding all night never actually looking for a pass.

12. barrheadbear

barrheadbear Well-Known Member

Not being critical but it might be that the players we have are just not good enough to see these chances or make those passes.

13. Grimsdale

Grimsdale Well-Known Member

Yes seen that....very frustrating.

14. Graeme's dad

Graeme's dad Well-Known Member

All of the above comments, however, being ultra critical, what is it with our ball boys/girls? When we are losing a game and the ball goes out of play they should be bursting a get to get it back to a player to restart the game, and the opposite when we are running down the clock. Must have been towards the end and the ball goes out in the Aberdeen half. Tav has to go searching for the ball, which is then flung past him onto the pitch. We must have wasted 30 seconds from that alone. Also, how come there was only 4 minutes of injury time played at the end. Either Tom or Kevin on commentary mentioned that McKenna had been down injured for 3 minutes alone, then you have 5 substitutions at 30 seconds each, time wasting by Aberdeen, and the red card. Just did my nut in at the time, however, we could have played for 110 minutes and not scored last night.

Grigo Yossarian likes this.
  15. Tagsbear

Tagsbear Well-Known Member

Eh? He was excellent at Tynecastle, what are you on about?

16. Superrangers

Superrangers Well-Known Member

Diving and cheating aside, players checking back is one of the most frustrating things in football.

Players should be made, from day dot to practice on their weaker foot. It is a particular weakness in the British game. If a player can only play on one side, they are far too easy to defend against.

Luis Figo was always a favourite of mine as he could skin a player either side and I know every player can’t be Luis Figo but we should be forcing players to train for longer to focus on control and passing on their weaker foot.

17. Partickger

Partickger Well-Known Member

They caught up with him because he hesitated and waited for support, when he received the ball he had one player in front of him and could have run directly at pace instead of procrastinating.

18. Partickger

Partickger Well-Known Member

So true, the midfield were totally disfunctional and that shaped our whole approach.

19. OsoDeMadrid

OsoDeMadrid Well-Known Member

Lolz

20. Le_Bon

Le_Bon Member

I would like to see him in this role also.
    I think it's an option for both him or Kent to play in that role with the other out wide. We had no creativity in the middle of the park tonight. We missed Arfield's energy and link up play.

Bluerhap likes this.
  21. Le_Bon

Le_Bon Member

That was infuriating to say the least!!

22. themightyi

themightyi Well-Known Member Official Ticketer

That's the worst argument for having a go at someone criticising players I've seen in a good while.

Anyway in terms of the OP, the Tavernier moment was honestly ridiculous but the part that annoyed me the most was the Candieas counter attack in the first half. He's running towards goal with Morelos to his right and there's six, fucking six, Aberdeen players behind him so what does Candieas do? Cuts back right in to the oncoming Aberdeen players.

Absolutely infuriating.

23. Coopergaz

Coopergaz Well-Known Member Official Ticketer

Great spot. The amount of movement this guys make his unreal and 95% he doesn't receive the ball

24. 47blue

47blue Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is Flanagan is too static and offers Glen no support or options. He is not a left back.

25. MelbourneBear

MelbourneBear Active Member

Seriously? We need a dumb player with an idiot, loud mouthed dad, who has substance abuse problems and likes to blow his nose in our shorts?

26. Steve A Stevens

Steve A Stevens Well-Known Member

If that's all you saw then that's your short sightedness.

We need an attack minded MF'er who follows the striker.

I was no big fan of Windass by any stretch of the imagination, but when he was behind our striker he also offered goals from another position. No one was behind Morelos or Lafferty last night.

Péna offered the same.

So what I am saying is we needed a player who filled that void, there should always be a MF'er outside the 'D' at corners (Ian Ferguson, Mendes) to mention only two, as he should follow attacks for second balls when attacks breakdown.

27. MelbourneBear

MelbourneBear Active Member

George Bernard Shaw was once asked by a beautiful young lady whether he thought they should have children together. "With my beauty and your brains, they might be remarkable!" she said. Shaw replied, "Indeed they might. But what if they receive my beauty - and your brains?"
    Only a bit of fun, Steve.
    Now if you're talking a hybrid Ian Ferguson, Pedro Mendes......

Steve A Stevens likes this.
  28. Supermac1872

Supermac1872 Well-Known Member Official Ticketer

The Ejaria one didn’t annoy me, as it was a genuine mistake. The others infuriated me as you could basically see the wheels turning in their head, as they tried to figure out what the hell to do with the ball. A few players last night just didn’t fancy taking the bull by the horns, which really concerns me.

Coza likes this.
  29. Walrus

Walrus Active Member

At several stages we had Candieas, Grezda & Tav all within 2 feet of each other on the right real amateur hour stuff

30. FIFTY5

FIFTY5 New Member

This exactly. No anticipation or passes to latch on to while moving forward, always to feet or behind. Always losing any momentum or pace to our attacks.

31. Topps

Topps Well-Known Member

I was raging at that. Despite their being a lack of support, Candeias still had the chance to charge on and try and score himself but in going with the theme of this thread i thought he bottled it and slowed down to try and wait to pass to someone else.

32. Cambuslang Bear

Cambuslang Bear Well-Known Member

I don't rate him. In my opinion he has done very little to justify getting a start or even coming off the bench

33. grayzza

grayzza Active Member

This is why Morelos is so important

34. grayzza

grayzza Active Member

He’s looked good in recent games.

35. derbybear

derbybear Well-Known Member

Lafferty's warm up was a feckin joke.

36. The Gooner

The Gooner Well-Known Member

Don’t like to single out a young player but I thought Ejaria was awful from start to finish

fergie1959 likes this.
  37. Steve A Stevens

Steve A Stevens Well-Known Member

I was speechless.

I mentioned it in the match thread, absolutely terrible show on non self belief, no excuse for not having skinned that defender and drawn the keeper out.

Shocking decision making.

38. Grigo Yossarian

Grigo Yossarian Well-Known Member

Good point about the ballboys GD. Could earn us an extra minute per game. This could mean points over a season.

39. Coza

Coza Well-Known Member

Yeah I meant to reply and say that about Ejaria. It was just an error rather than shitting himself.

40. skorn

skorn Well-Known Member

There's a real element of being ponderous and often being overly obvious to our play.

It's surprising actually because guys like Candeias and Middleton and even Grezda have a bit of pace to them.
    It's only when we see Kent on the ball that it looks as if someone wants to run it through them.

The process of out-passing opponents isn't necessarily wrong, but it only really works when you've got an entire team filled with people comfortable in doing it.
    Of course it also requires at least a couple of guys willing to make runs and some others who are perceptive enough to see them.

The fact that we are still seeing players clearly favouring one foot to the detriment of our game is something that I'd hoped would have been sorted by now.
    I hope that by the end of the season we aren't still seeing it.

41. The Submariner

The Submariner Well-Known Member

The frequent first touch of a baby elephant doesn't help either....

42. Bluechip

Bluechip Active Member

I know Middleton is young but he was hiding last night. Maybe time for the bench and give him some sub appearences until he sorts himself out.

Galstonian Blue likes this.
  43. babaji

babaji Well-Known Member

Harsh to blame Grezda for his contribution last night when we were effectively a collection of individuals huffing & puffing to no great effect.

Sometimes in a poor performance it's still possible to pick a player who had a decent game, that wasn't possible last night.

44. babaji

babaji Well-Known Member

If fit, Ryan Kent may have been just that player.

We did have that type of player, Niko Kranjcar, who would have been ideal for the game last night.

Moxy1690 likes this.
  45. babaji

babaji Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that's a tactic we use quite regular

46. the_baron

the_baron Well-Known Member

Too many players not brave enough to be the one that tries something. All playing the safe option every single time as they don't want to be the one that loses the ball.

47. jayd1872

jayd1872 Member

I've never seen shagger so animated with what was happening in front of him. He almost had an aneurysm.

48. Cambuslang Bear

Cambuslang Bear Well-Known Member

He's not entirely to blame obviously. I just can't see why he continues to get picked. I am happy to be proven wrong

49. baselbear

baselbear Well-Known Member

The thing was against Motherwell with the same situation, only two could be arsed even trying to get back. They simply play so much more honestly against us.

50. servicepoint

servicepoint Well-Known Member

Really frustrating to watch and it not just Ejaria that’s guilty of this, from midfield forward all our players do the same, back to the opposition and needing to turn 180 to go forward so the ball is more often than not payed back or sideways and very easy to defend against. There is no fluidity going forward.