Two Innocuous Moments That Infuritated Me Tonight

Coza

83 minutes or something in the clock and tavernier gets free running towards their box with the ball. Yes you are right footed but drive into the space and commit players to come out and deal with you but no he actually stopped and checked back into traffic to get the ball on his right foot. Utterly turgid.

92nd minute Middleton out wide right from a set piece that’s been cleared. He shapes to ship it into the box but the defender has given him the freedom of Ibrox to go on his right side but instead he just bangs it against the guy from a yard and it’s yet another throw in and game slowed down.

These incidents didn’t cause us to lose but they just absolutely typified for me where we lacked so badly tonight. Being brave isn’t always about putting hard tackles in etc but choosing the right option and backing yourself. Far too many players just took the safety blanket option over and over. Where is the leadership?

Oh and if the Aberdeen (or whoever) team are going to give McAuley or Goldson the freedom to stroll twenty yards forward. Bloody take it instead of banging the ball into a midfielder coming towards you with a man up his arse. Frightening selection of pass at times.

The game for me was epitomised by GM running the length of the pitch with the ball, getting 22 yards out and forgetting how to play football. Plenty of possession up until when it counted.

I knew opening the thread the Tav incident would be one.

Thought Ejaria passing the ball right out of play just after it while under no pressure would be the second.
Ejaria must have read an article titled ..........How To Recycle A Football.
If you watch him he is always facing the ball.
Not good enough son, you have to learn to move beyond a football and learn how to receive it whilst taking the game forward and moving into dangerous places.

Middleton had one in the first half with acres of space to run into and he crossed it right to the keeper. It's little things like that that individually might not seem much but add it together and it just shows the mentality of the team at times. They played it like they were scared

Another moment that got me was a chance to counter attack in the second half. Someone passed the ball behind (and slow) the breaking Middleton, who then runs back, takes a heavy touch and loses the ball in a 50/50 challenge.

An aberdeen player gave away a free kick on the half way line for deliberate handball. Why wasn't he booked?
Maybe not relating to the theme of the thread but it annoyed me and had to post it somewhere.

Not good enough son, you have to learn to move beyond a football and learn how to receive it whilst taking the game forward and moving into dangerous places.
He also passes it straight to where players are when he releases it as opposed to where they will be. Middleton had to check his runs a lot tonight.

All game we were static with the ball. We'd stop hit a pass instead of driving forward like we usually do with a bit of purpose to our play. Infuriating stuff.

What really gets me is the fact that Grezda brings nothing to the side and is still picked or comes on as a sub. He must have something on someone

83 minutes or something in the clock and tavernier gets free running towards their box with the ball. Yes you are right footed but drive into the space and commit players to come out and deal with you but no he actually stopped and checked back into traffic to get the ball on his right foot. Utterly turgid.

92nd minute Middleton out wide right from a set piece that’s been cleared. He shapes to ship it into the box but the defender has given him the freedom of Ibrox to go on his right side but instead he just bangs it against the guy from a yard and it’s yet another throw in and game slowed down.

These incidents didn’t cause us to lose but they just absolutely typified for me where we lacked so badly tonight. Being brave isn’t always about putting hard tackles in etc but choosing the right option and backing yourself. Far too many players just took the safety blanket option over and over. Where is the leadership?

Oh and if the Aberdeen (or whoever) team are going to give McAuley or Goldson the freedom to stroll twenty yards forward. Bloody take it instead of banging the ball into a midfielder coming towards you with a man up his arse. Frightening selection of pass at times.
OP are you Kevin Thomson? because that is almost exactly what he was saying in co-commentary. Somebody had to be brave and take the chance to be unpredictable. Aberdeen knew how we were going to play (it looked like that anyway) and just loaded up against the player in with the ball, knowing we would try to retain possession. If Tav, Candieas or Middleton had been a bit braver then we might have more chance of breaking them down. Frustrating as fvck to watch, because you could see time and time again that we kept turning back rather than turning them.

Decision making again will be the undoing of us.

It’s been a feature of our play all season.

The final ball and the decisions made in forward areas have far too often been poor.

It’s a recurring theme. We’re getting into really good attacking positions and just not seeing the right ball or snatching at chances.

Instead of some clever interplay in or around the box we end up chipping one in which is too long while others are easily mopped up by Aberdeen's big men - doubt we won a cross all night long and contrived to lose a goal from just about the only cross to the penalty spot Aberdeen had. Still not sure where Goldson and McAuley were at that free kick.

Instead of some clever interplay in or around the box we end up chipping one in which is too long while others are easily mopped up by Aberdeen's big men - doubt we won a cross all night long and contrived to lose a goal from just about the only cross to the penalty spot Aberdeen had. Still not sure where Goldson and McAuley were at that free kick.

The way we played into Aberdeen’s hands mate we would have been as well playing Goldson up top with Lafferty and Morelos and banging it long. McKenna can’t mark three players.

We were so turgid and pedestrian I felt after 25 minutes. Go long. Play then at their own game but do it with numbers in right places. Not Morelos in his own but put another target up and mix up the play.

I agree with the Tav one particularly, he didn't need to do anything spectacular..even smash a shot at the red shirts in front of him, could have flown into the net or dropped at Laffs feet, the point being it adds an element of chaos to the game, we were trying too hard to stay calm and play through them and got nowhere, sometimes you're better off just putting the laces through it and see what happens.

That's not true, they are lacking a link. Many have said it, we need a new Windass/Péna hybrid, someone behind the striker.

no they are, even in games we've won the number of passes hit long when it should be played into feet or vice versa is staggering

cutting inside when they should take the man on time and again dreadful decision making

I don't want to sound like a poet here. look back on my post history but we need a lubo type guy in our team . An older player that will unlock a defence and has been around the block and in every back garden.

I don't want to sound like a poet here. look back on my post history but we need a lubo type guy in our team . An older player that will unlock a defence and has been around the block and in every back garden.

True but I thibk an issue is our opposite winger doesn't follow up the striker, if the balls coming down the right, then your left winger should be backing up your striker and vice versa, CM should be holding the "D". So often there were absolute minimal options in the box, Middleton and Candieas need to come inside more imo. Then we have other options inside the box, they just didn't seem to be there.

Dreadful evening.

sorry you failed miserably

you sound like a poet

indicative of players not wanting to take responsibility.

This was tonight in a nutshell. 13 players played a part, none of them wanted to show any balls to take a chance and try and make something happen. Too safe, too slow, not good enough.

I honestly thought that kind of shitshow was behind us now but evidently not.

Agreed. Incredibly one dimensional.

I said to the guy beside me on 15 mins that Tav,Candeias and Morelos all looked ‘off it’,they’re touch and passing was just not there tonight.
We are over reliant on them,we need others to contribute more.

What about the Candeais break in the first half when he only had one defender between him and the goal but for some unexplainable reason waited for other players to join him rather than just trying to take the ball on. Ended up crowded out of course which was the story of the night.

What really gets me is the fact that Grezda brings nothing to the side and is still picked or comes on as a sub. He must have something on someone

The amount of brilliant runs grezda made off the ball was really frustrating.

Guy was constantly looking to get in behind , only to be let down by midfielders and centre halves running with the ball and looking at their feet, instead of looking for options and taking a chance on a guy trying to make something happen.

I said to the guy beside me on 15 mins that Tav,Candeias and Morelos all looked ‘off it’,they’re touch and passing was just not there tonight.
We are over reliant on them,we need others to contribute more.

Really good point chief. They looked off it, Morelos especially sending off aside looked like his head wasn't in it. Touch was poor apart from small flashes.

Latest posts

Back