Two More Signings To Come?

Is life not wonderful to be a Rangers fan at this time, a very short time ago, we could not string more than four victories at a time, now we appear to be spending, what for us is a lot of cash, in our attempt to win 55, let us embrace our team, and our manager and his staff, let's go.
Spot on... But also credit to DK and the board for backing the gaffer and giving us an almighty chance to get 55..

I still think Morelos will go late in the window, and probably for a lot less than the £20m many seem convinced we'll get, but the way the 4 Lads thing is worded suggests there are two more coming in regardless of what happens with Alfie.

I still can't see why we would be pursuing Kent with such a glut of wingers on the books (even Middleton's proposed loan has fallen through I believe), so who else could it be?

A Helander level signing for the middle of the park perhaps?

I don't know I could contain myself if that happened!

One of the two will probably be Kent I think the other will be a striker but as much as I want it to be someone of the proven quality of Grey I can't see it happening if Morelos is still here I reckon we will spend a few million on a 20-24 year old striker with lots of potential as a another option to Morelos and Defoe

Basic arithmetic works out that even before you take the EL group into account we will make over £30 million in season and ticket sales this season.
That’s not counting food/merch/sponsors and hospitality.
We ain’t skint.
Forgot prize money.
Hopefully.

Thread now unlocked – and title edited – thanks to @JW1988 PMing me to enquire about the proper use of the ellipsis.

My faith in FF – and humanity – has been restored.

All is right with the world once more...

qxks3n.jpg

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/the-overuse-and-incorrect-use-of-the-ellipsis.64017/

Thank you, wise one.

In future, I will try to ensure my grammar doesn’t fall below Protestant standards.

Brewster would make a lot of sense despite Klopp stating he wouldn’t be loaned. So far he hasn’t been on loan and has only played with Liverpool youths. Reality is he isn’t going to get as much game time as he needs right now if he stays put. He could come and get 20-30
games with us including europa league, and gets to learn from one of the premier league all time greatest strikers.
Would much rather Gray.

i think our transfer policy has been close to perfect so far. i always suspected we may need to wait until the EPL squads were more settled for some late buisness BUT despite that we have moved early for targets, secured those targets and are now we are basically trying to move on players we know won’t feature between now and the end of the window.

and you look elsewhere closer to home where clubs seem to be missing out on targets while they use a scatter gun approach to recruitment.

mark allen takes some stick here but i think our transfer buisness has been pretty decent since he came in december 18.

An English BBC Journo has said nothing in Roofe chat, someone claiming to be Roofe’s Agent contacted Rangers but when it was checked out it was some lady's front bottom at it.

One of the two will probably be Kent I think the other will be a striker but as much as I want it to be someone of the proven quality of Grey I can't see it happening if Morelos is still here I reckon we will spend a few million on a 20-24 year old striker with lots of potential as a another option to Morelos and Defoe
If it’s another striker, I’m going for a big fella to allow us to change formation and shape

Right remember everyone don't let anyone know about our ties to Liverpool drug trafficking and that Dave King smuggling blood diamonds up his ass. Oh and don't forget we still owed money from those Mexican cartel fuckers

Brewster would make a lot of sense despite Klopp stating he wouldn’t be loaned. So far he hasn’t been on loan and has only played with Liverpool youths. Reality is he isn’t going to get as much game time as he needs right now if he stays put. He could come and get 20-30
games with us including europa league, and gets to learn from one of the premier league all time greatest strikers.
Would love it to happen but Brewster ain’t coming. Already been promised first team minutes at Liverpool for the season coming.

I think that the Helander deal shows that no one knows anything or is ITK, that one came out of nowhere. Its far better this way, it stops mental rumours and arguments developing.
It was on here before any newspaper had it about a week ago.

Roofe has been named as one of only two strikers in Leeds’ squad for their tour of Australia so may be a while waiting on him if he is one of the targets

If it is two more in without any top players (i.e. Morelos and Tav) out then I would be beyond delighted. If either of those two were to go then it would be a real blow. I think most people now recognise how important Tav is but, since the end of the season, there seems to have been an element of amnesia from some as to how good a player Morelos is. I confess to being sceptical that Roofe would be even a patch on Morelos. So if the two in are accompanied by Morelos out then my excitement at two more in would be much more muted.

Indeed if it was nobody else in and nobody out other than fringe players to get the squad down to a more manageable size then it would be one heck of a transfer window. Kent would be the icing on the cake.

If it is two more in without any top players (i.e. Morelos and Tav) out then I would be beyond delighted. If either of those two were to go then it would be a real blow. I think most people now recognise how important Tav is but, since the end of the season, there seems to have been an element of amnesia from some as to how good a player Morelos is. I confess to being sceptical that Roofe would be even a patch on Morelos. So if the two in are accompanied by Morelos out then my excitement at two more in would be much more muted.

Indeed if it was nobody else in and nobody out other than fringe players to get the squad down to a more manageable size then it would be one heck of a transfer window. Kent would be the icing on the cake.
I largely agree with you but I still think we're one striker short as it stands. If we hold on to Alfie then we could maybe get a way with more of a prospect signing but ideally I'd like to see another established goal scorer added to the team. As it stands we're one injury or suspension away from very limited options up top.

It has however been a great window so far and I'm delighted at how the teams coming together.

Would love it to happen but Brewster ain’t coming. Already been promised first team minutes at Liverpool for the season coming.

Brewster is Liverpool's premier young talent. Those sorts of youngsters don't go out on loan as much as lesser rated talent; guys who are not good enough for first team action but still need game time. If, say, Billy Gilmour were still with us he wouldn't be loaned out to Ayr United. Brewster is Liverpool's Billy Gilmour.

I largely agree with you but I still think we're one striker short as it stands. If we hold on to Alfie then we could maybe get a way with more of a prospect signing but ideally I'd like to see another established goal scorer added to the team. As it stands we're one injury or suspension away from very limited options up top.

It has however been a great window so far and I'm delighted at how the teams coming together.
I can see the sense in that, particularly as Lafferty will presumably be one of those on the way out. I think the change in formation towards the end of last season might slightly reduce the reliance on an out and out striker to provide the goals; and maybe Arfield / Kent / Ojo might see us through a few games if we are in a pinch with both Morelos and Defoe are unavailable; but yes I can see why a third striker makes sense. In an ideal world it would have been great if one of the younger lads was there or thereabouts; but I get the impression that we are a year or two away from that being the case.

I think that the Helander deal shows that no one knows anything or is ITK, that one came out of nowhere. Its far better this way, it stops mental rumours and arguments developing.

There are plenty on here ITK mate, its just that they are behaving themselves and not posting information when asked not to. Folk dont realise that there are officials from other clubs made aware of info that is posted on this forum because it has always been a source of correct information and they can jump in and hinder deals we are in the middle of.

If true I suspect Alfies gone, f ucked up if thats the case dont see us replacing him with anyone who will get 30 plus per season, I want him to stay for 55

Don't think we'll see Roofe, Gray or the likes unless we punt Alfie first tbh. I know we're not skint as the morons keep saying, but we've added quite a wedge to the wage bill on top of forking out a few million for the big man.
Definitely think we'll trim the squad before we go out to bring the likes of Roofe in.

Back