Two Si Ferry interviews- vastly different qualities

With the greatest respect to KL, he genuinely struggles to put sentences together

Halliday is very well spoken, that's the difference
Halliday was hardly Shakespeare. He kept saying he was one of the benefactors of Livingston going into Administration and getting demoted as it gave him more first team opportunities :)

I thought both were really good. You can tell big laffs comes from excellent stock.

Halliday is just a legend. Why is it that British protestants, of impeccable stock, come across as such normal decent human beings... while it's a very different story with mentally challengeds? That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Lafferty's suffered because it was released so close to Hallidays. It was a great interview in itself. Some good stories about Gattuso and Fergie and he talked quite honestly. Probably my second favourite Rangers open goal interview.

Polar opposite effects for me. Lost interest in Kyle's interview after 30 minutes and switched off. Listened to Andy's from first word to last. I felt Andys interview flowed quite effortlessly whereas with Kyle it seemed rather stilted.

Its an accurate OP but lets be clear about why.

Andy Halliday clearly fancies himself as a jolly media type, knows the same folk as Ferry and has gone on subsequent jollies with Ferry.

The Lafferty interview was clearly cut cut cut, a dodgy microphone and a guy that has many awkward questions about his life and choices he made / demons he faces.

Glad both did their interviews.

Lafferty’s interview demonstrated that his personality matches his ability.

Dull, boring and all a bit sh*t.

I thought both were really good. You can tell big laffs comes from excellent stock.

Halliday is just a legend. Why is it that British protestants, of impeccable stock, come across as such normal decent human beings... while it's a very different story with mentally challengeds? That's a rhetorical question by the way.
a legend?

Don't get the absolute hatred of lafferty by some of our support.
The guy loves the football club. Yes he fucked his Rangers career himself to a certain extent but tbh he wasn't ever given much of a chance down the form if Alfredo and the manager unwilling to change the formation/system.
For me, if Gerrard was never going to change the system then I really don't understand why he even bothered signing him.
As for the si ferry interviews, I thoroughly enjoyed both of them.

Don't get the absolute hatred of lafferty by some of our support.
The guy loves the football club. Yes he fucked his Rangers career himself to a certain extent but tbh he wasn't ever given much of a chance down the form if Alfredo and the manager unwilling to change the formation/system.
For me, if Gerrard was never going to change the system then I really don't understand why he even bothered signing him.
As for the si ferry interviews, I thoroughly enjoyed both of them.
Cannot understand the hatred for Kyle and Barrie Mckay.
There s now a weekly thread on Mckay .
These supporters should channel their hatred to craig whyte, grezda, pena, pedro etc etc who took millions of pounds from our club with no return.

Halliday is a very clever man and a genuine wit. He reminds me of Super in the way he tells a story.

Lafferty seems a harmless big guy but not the brightest.

With the greatest respect to KL, he genuinely struggles to put sentences together

Halliday is very well spoken, that's the difference
Kept on thinking I had lost a signal with laff ,kept on pausing thinking what he was gonna say next

Both last about 2.5 hours, but if Lafferty talked at the pace of Halliday his would have lasted half the time.

Going against the grain here but I enjoyed the Lafferty interview. It was good listening to him speak about his loyalist background in a proud way. We need more of that in Scotland.

Back