Tyrese Campbell informs Celtic he won't join them

Celtic have released a statement tonight stating they have withdrew their interest!

Apparently the club have said “He is too old and prefer to sign boys with less experience”.

Rhecord run with a story saying he turned them down. Sure their placemen will soon have a negative story about us soon

Afraid you’ll be disappointed. Can you name any player we have signed recently who wasn’t nearing the end of their career who wasn’t potential? Barisic and Goldson maybe but Goldson had a big question mark after time out with ill health and Barisic was looking to step up to a higher club. The only other ‘proven’ players we get are from other SPL teams and there ain’t a lot of talent at our level around there.

We can no longer afford to buy 25-28 year olds established at a good level. We’ll be buying established players with significant compromises in ability or history, or buying unproven players in the hopes of unearthing gems. Like Tav, Katic, Alfie, Kent, Aribo and Edmundson.
Allan McGregor.

Has declined our offer as well and will stay in England with an improved contract at Stoke. This was always going to happen with a player who has no real affiliation to our club, sadly the money they can offer will probably be double what we could offer.

Thats modern football folks, we will strike lucky once in a while but most good English talent will stay in England due to the staggering amounts of money available to them.

Don’t know much about him. But reading that brings me joy, I’m a simple man.

Tyrese Campbell has disappointed Rangers and Celtic by telling them that he is going to stay in England.

Record Sport can reveal that the Stoke City striker, personally, made calls to both Glasgow giants on Thursday to thank them for their interest but to tell them he wants to remain south of the border

He said no thanks :D

(Posted this before seeing that he knocked us back as well as the scum. His loss)

Tyrese Campbell has disappointed Rangers and Celtic by telling them that he is going to stay in England.

Record Sport can reveal that the Stoke City striker, personally, made calls to both Glasgow giants on Thursday to thank them for their interest but to tell them he wants to remain south of the border
Insight into the boy’s character and seems to be made of the right stuff. But, can I be first to say we didn’t want him anyway?;)

He'll regret turning us down for the rest of his career if true. (Referring to this morning's news he's apparently staying down South!)

He'll be set for life staying in England with the money on offer but he might look back and wander what might've been.

Sadly we are not in a position to compete with Stoke in terms of wages. That is only because of Sky money. Were we definitely interested? I never seen the manager speak about us being in for Tyrese CAMPBELL.

Back