Tyrese Campbell?

I've just spent the last half hour watching footage of him on YouTube clips - but I can't say I'm over impressed

Of course I'm not a youth scout or a reliable judge of potential or established players -

But then again SG & his backroom staff know what they want & are presumably confident in bringing out the best in him -

I just can't see him being a first pick at the moment or anytime soon either

I've just spent the last half hour watching footage of him on YouTube clips - but I can't say I'm over impressed

Of course I'm not a youth scout or a reliable judge of potential or established players -

But then again SG & his backroom staff know what they want & are presumably confident in bringing out the best in him -

I just can't see him being a first pick at the moment or anytime soon either
Can you tag a few clips mate? I looked on YouTube and could only find a goal he score for Shrewsbury and a goal he scored for Stoke.

Are there any highlight reels?

Stewart is 30, Defoe is 37 and Morelos will be off in the summer. It’s best we bring a striker in and get them settled first so we aren’t bringing a starting striker in the summer without any experience.

Only 20 with lots of potential.

I’d be very surprised if Defoe doesn’t continue playing until 40. Whether that’s here or elsewhere I don’t see him as the type to retire when he’s still fit and can offer something.
As they say, you’re a long time retired.

Last edited:
I think longer term Aribo is a midfielder so it makes sense to get this boy in. Aribo's ball skills make him very effective up there creating, but he's never going to score 15 in a season.

Hopefully with experience Aribo becomes an all round midfielder with a goal threat, Davis won't last forever, and we can also use a proper inside forward more akin to Mane at Liverpool. Maybe Campbell can be our budget Mane
Long term Aribo will be an inside forward.Its where he flourishes,and where
he desires to play.

stoke season ticket holder I know says he is a huge talent.

they have been playing him as a right winger but says if he is played through the middle he will score a lot of goals.

Will eb hard for us to match the wages on offer but hopefully an aribo type deal + the chance to learn under defoe and play under gerrard will put us in the running.

Won’t get to play 10 for us very often...

True and that's why I hope he becomes a solid all round midfielder, I can see him doing Kamaras role or being the most attacking of our 3 mids. Long term I don't think he will stay in the front 3 but he is performing admirably out of position just now

Stoke fans seem to think differently. It sounds as though they like him as an inside right, exactly the position gerrard likes
I speak to Stoke season ticket holders on a daily basis. Most say he has potential but doesn’t work hard enough. Read further down that thread mate : plenty have their reservations about him . He’s scored a couple recently one a worldly against Wednesday and that’s probably coloured recent opinions amongst Stokies with short memories. He came from City on the proviso that he got first team football and he hasn’t broken through under any of their clutch of managers since he came. And it’s not like he,s had to replace great strikers .
however we can get for next to nothing at the end of the season so maybes wort a punt. Just wouldn’t shellack out a lot of dosh in expectation that he’s going to be great

I speak to Stoke season ticket holders on a daily basis. Most say he has potential but doesn’t work hard enough. Read further down that thread mate : plenty have their reservations about him . He’s scored a couple recently one a worldly against Wednesday and that’s probably coloured recent opinions amongst Stokies with short memories. He came from City on the proviso that he got first team football and he hasn’t broken through under any of their clutch of managers since he came. And it’s not like he,s had to replace great strikers .
however we can get for next to nothing at the end of the season so maybes wort a punt. Just wouldn’t shellack out a lot of dosh in expectation that he’s going to be great

He’s 20 years old he’s still got a few years of development left

He's 20 years old mate, not the finished article. If he was we couldn't afford him.

.... and perhaps if he really was the business those who see him train each day and should be most itk about his ability/potential would have sorted him on a long term contract by now rather than letting it run down to the extent he can leave for hee haw.
seems to me that there are those on here who are willing to give other teams players the benefit of the doubt but are quick to write off our own eg Aribo Ojo and Barker

.... and perhaps if he really was the business those who see him train each day and should be most itk about his ability/potential would have sorted him on a long term contract by now rather than letting it run down to the extent he can leave for hee haw.
seems to me that there are those on here who are willing to give other teams players the benefit of the doubt but are quick to write off our own eg Aribo Ojo and Barker
Barker is shite. Ojo isn't our player. Aribo is cooler than Chester Cheeto.

After watching the Defoe interview on Sky Sports, I reckon with him and Gerrard, that would be enough to get this one over the line. That's without even pointing out the development in Aribo and Kent etc.

Would be a great signing for us imo. Getting to play in a free flowing attacking set up like ours would be good for him. Playing at Stoke just now is no good for anyone, the football is very poor. It’s not just Campbell that suffering from it. The whole club morale is very low. Micheal O’Neil is trying his best to turn it around though.

Back