U18s currently playing Huddersfield.

The other great thing about this crop of youngsters is the excellent potential for nicknames.

NYC, The Leon King are two crackers. What more could ye ask for?

Where might they be going next? A pal says they're at Edinburgh airport....down south or a tournament?

NYC has made a spectacular start to his Rangers career in the last 7 months or so and it looks like we have another with huge potential in Ritchie-Hosler, the guy we signed from the Man City Academy. He too has made a very promising start. They've both fitted in very well with the existing promising talent at THTC.

We seem to be taking some of these lads from massive academies NYC , Balde , Hosler , I know won’t be top prospects, but these lads must think better opportunities with us , route to first team etc .

Went to Patrick Game last week NYC and Hozier were stand outs, NYC’s movement off the ball isnunreal for a boy that age, always demanding the ball and telling others where he wants it, fully expect him to be near the first team in the next year

I don't know anything about the Huddersfield lads but I remember reading that Huddersfield had made a strategic decision two or three years ago when they were in serious financial difficulty to scrap their academy and development squads and focus exclusively on their first team and feed off Premier League clubs when they pruned their development squads. Perhaps they are only at the start of a new journey.and we should not get carried away.

I don't know anything about the Huddersfield lads but I remember reading that Huddersfield had made a strategic decision two or three years ago when they were in serious financial difficulty to scrap their academy and development squads and focus exclusively on their first team and feed off Premier League clubs when they pruned their development squads. Perhaps they are only at the start of a new journey.and we should not get carried away.

I think they scrapped the u16 and below level at their Academy to concentrate on u17 and above level. The opposition today is listed on their website as their Elite Development Team - in other words their top level Academy prospects. If RangersTV doesn't give us highlights later then we may get them on the Huddersfield FC site:

https://www.htafc.com/teams/elite-development-team/

I recall we played them at u20 level about 18 months ago and humped them 6-1. They had a very, very young side out first half of that game though and it was 6-0 at half-time.

That is some scoreline. I hope we can tie down the most promising youngsters as we really do seem to have a premium crop at u18 levEl.

Huddersfield don’t have an academy (not worth having one in modern football). U18s is their lowest level and is mainly lads on trial from Barnet and the like. It’s a check box to appease UEFA, in case they ever get European football.

Our youths are on so many levels higher than theirs. And it showed today.

Huddersfield don’t have an academy (not worth having one in modern football). U18s is their lowest level and is mainly lads on trial from Barnet and the like. It’s a check box to appease UEFA, in case they ever get European football.

Our youths are on so many levels higher than theirs. And it showed today.

No mate, they go down to u17s. It was u16 and below they 'exited' from. They have an Elite Development Team, u19s and u17s in their Academy.

https://www.htafc.com/teams/

No mate, they go down to u17s. It was u16 and below they 'exited' from. They have an Elite Development Team, u19s and u17s in their Academy.

https://www.htafc.com/teams/

That’s the one. It’s a real facade for Huddersfield. Any of their half decent youngsters are in Austria at the moment. They had two 15 year olds from Lambeth Tigers playing today. It’s genuinely just making up numbers. Their u19s lost 10-1 to Sheff Weds in their first game. A sorry indication of football’s future whilst richer clubs are allowed to hoard hundreds of youngsters.

That’s the one. It’s a real facade for Huddersfield. Any of their half decent youngsters are in Austria at the moment. They had two 15 year olds from Lambeth Tigers playing today. It’s genuinely just making up numbers. Their u19s lost 10-1 to Sheff Weds in their first game. A sorry indication of football’s future whilst richer clubs are allowed to hoard hundreds of youngsters.

The chose to drop from Cat 2 status to Cat 4 status. We have plenty on here questioning the 'worth' of a Youth Academy but all it takes is 1 or 2 to break through and you've gained the benefit. You'd think that after their time in the Premiership, and the parachute payments to come, they'd not be short of cash.

Guessing Albert Rachi has signed then, given that he's named in the official match report?

Pretty sure if he was a trialist, that's all he would be called.

Guessing Albert Rachi has signed then, given that he's named in the official match report?

Pretty sure if he was a trialist, that's all he would be called.

That's @elfideldo's match report mate, rather than anything 'official'. @ID10 does say earlier in the thread that Rachi 'will be' signing though.

On that note, I don't know why the Club don't engage with @elfideldo to do his magnificent work on an 'official' basis. His output is better than much of the stuff we see on the official site. And at least he can spell.:oops:

EDIT: Just seen the report on the official site now, naming Rachi.

The chose to drop from Cat 2 status to Cat 4 status. We have plenty on here questioning the 'worth' of a Youth Academy but all it takes is 1 or 2 to break through and you've gained the benefit. You'd think that after their time in the Premiership, and the parachute payments to come, they'd not be short of cash.

You’re spot on. Although it’s nothing to do with cash really. There are more Man City scouts at junior games in Calderdale than anyone else. Then there’s Man U and Leeds. Imagine Billy Gilmour, but with every level of quality, at every age group, and from a side 40 miles away. It’s pointless for Huddersfield, only a staunch boyhood Town fan would ever see it through. They gave up in the end.

Quite a few London clubs have done similar, including Brentford.

There will become a time when only the ‘elite’ clubs have academies, used as hubs to register 7 or 8 squads worth of players at each age group. No doubt the provincial clubs will then end up receiving them on loan and paying a fee to take them permanently. It has all switched 180.

Been pretty plain for some time now that we are really serious about youth development these days.

I think we will go from strength to strength.

Who’s the reserves playing
I'm sure there was a list on the official website, they have a few friendlies over the next couple weeks then have a tournament featuring teams like West brom, then have a couple friendlies at end of August against Ajax and another big team I'm sure.

Goals up on RTV.

Lowrys cheeky penalty and the build up play for his second between him, Yates & Ritchie-Hosler is fantastic.

Back