U18s currently playing Huddersfield.

From a Huddersfield forum

a4185bc7130a85eff2be08e8bc3f5b3c.png

Spoiler alert!!!

It Isn't :p

Well done to the Bear Cubs on a fantastic scoreline. Just wat had the highlights on RTV have to say some nice neat finishes. The last goal was a thing of beauty the build up play was exquisite.

I know it's a bit of a risk but should some of these guys be starting or on the bench for the game against St Joseph's?

*forgot the squad has already been picked for this round.

Well done to the U-18s.
What a confidence booster for the squad and a great advertisement for the management team and the set up at HTC. No wonder we are able to attract quality youngsters.

I know it's a bit of a risk but should some of these guys be starting or on the bench for the game against St Joseph's?

*forgot the squad has already been picked for this round.
U21s don't need to be selected, but no. If any youngsters get game time against St Josephs it will be Mebude, McPake, Houston etc. not the U18s.

I don't know anything about the Huddersfield lads but I remember reading that Huddersfield had made a strategic decision two or three years ago when they were in serious financial difficulty to scrap their academy and development squads and focus exclusively on their first team and feed off Premier League clubs when they pruned their development squads. Perhaps they are only at the start of a new journey.and we should not get carried away.
When is the time to get carried away when over less than 2 years we've won big international tournaments including Madrid and Roma and Bayern Múnich and now winning games against decent English outfits 9-1?

When is the time to get carried away when over less than 2 years we've won big international tournaments including Madrid and Roma and Bayern Múnich and now winning games against decent English outfits 9-1?
Soor plooms is the order of the day on here for some.

This has been a sustained level for months, not just today, and it looks like it's improving all the time .

But hey, let's not actually take any pleasure in that .

Yeah he is might be 16 now played with the 20s last season.
Still only 15. Has to make the decision whether to sign a prof contract with Rangers or follow Billy Gilmour. There are a few big clubs ready to offer him big money contracts. We have to hope his head is not turned by big money. I believe his birthday is in January.

Is Lowry the lad that played in that tournament in qatar when he was 15? Looks like he’s shot up a foot or two!

Big DJ came through at 16 so there is a big chance for some of these youngsters and like has been said about this boy young coombes sounds like he could be ready but not overawed by the pressure of the Jersey.

Big DJ came through at 16 so there is a big chance for some of these youngsters and like has been said about this boy young coombes sounds like he could be ready but not overawed by the pressure of the Jersey.

I've watched some of the young lads play at their own level and they are outstanding. Even when our 16 year olds move up to u18 level they look more than capable. However, I've also seen them make the step up to the Reserve team, where they are up against bigger, slightly more experienced guys and you can see them start to struggle. The ability and skill is still there but, physically, they labour.

I'd say the jump in athleticism, strength and power required to compete at elite level these days is much greater than in the past. A gradual introduction to that level, via the Reserves or playing against older lads at, for example u20, is the way to go for me. That appears to be just what we are doing - increasing the challenge for these youngsters on a gradual basis and letting them dip their toes in the water. NYC is just one of a number who show immense promise and have a real chance.

Some great performances and prospects on show. Have to say, however, the Huddersfield defence, in particular the keeper, was pretty dire.

Back