UBs singing a version of Horto Magico

Whats that song the young uns sing that goes" ole ole ole ole ole ole o-la" and has all the "ooo's" in it? It sounds like it's in a foreign language.

The Union bears really are superb in all they bring to the games , personal preference for me when they sing all Rangers stuff and great tributes to players past and present

drat. I was hoping it was another song the Union Bears have been singing recently.
I can’t make out the words but like the tune and you can tell by this post my descriptions are shite
The new “54/55” chant, if you actually want to call it a chant, is absolutely shite

Their new chant “The famous RFC” isn’t too bad but gets absolutely murdered because people think it’s a race to get finished

The Union Bears should be encouraged by the club to lead the way in terms of singing and chanting. If they were to say we are looking to move you to a much more prominent position however let’s make the focus Rangers then everybody would benefit. I say that as someone that has sung many a song that is no longer acceptable.

The Union Bears should be encouraged by the club to lead the way in terms of singing and chanting. If they were to say we are looking to move you to a much more prominent position however let’s make the focus Rangers then everybody would benefit. I say that as someone that has sung many a song that is no longer acceptable.

Ive said similar. The club should negotiate/consult/agree on the songbook AND a new expanded and prominent position for the UB with others invited to take up places either side of the UB.

My preferred option is the most prominent, highly visible and largest location. For me that's the full Govan Front. What a sight and sound that would be. Going to Ibrox would become a joy once again.

There’s a song 74/75 and they’ve changed it to 54/55 and just sing the tune with no words

It’s utter shite and totally ruins the atmosphere whilst the front 6/7 rows jump about thinking it’s class
Yeh I know the actual song, and have heard the fans sing this version but couldn’t catch if there was more words.

I thought it was we are the people, who follow the Rangers and we welcome the chase.

Or was that just a lone nutter on here trying to start it who's clearly got it stuck in my head since?

That was the Sos Cagon effort that might just pre-date the UB.

There was a dynamite recording with a guy banging a tin pot or something for the drum that made it sound like a right good anthem, then the club did a recording of it and added a bizarre Bollywood sounding beat to it.

Edit: Did intend to quote post above.

That was the Sos Cagon effort that might just pre-date the UB.

There was a dynamite recording with a guy banging a tin pot or something for the drum that made it sound like a right good anthem, then the club did a recording of it and added a bizarre Bollywood sounding beat to it.

Edit: Did intend to quote post above.
Your description makes it sound better than I'm sure it was and I would love to hear it.

drat. I was hoping it was another song the Union Bears have been singing recently.
I can’t make out the words but like the tune and you can tell by this post my descriptions are shite
I bet this is the same song I was hearing during the Livingston game. Thought "I'll need to ask what the words are on FF" - immediately realised I wouldn't even know how to describe it. I'll try: slow, minor key, seems to get sung for 5-10 minutes at a time.

I bet this is the same song I was hearing during the Livingston game. Thought "I'll need to ask what the words are on FF" - immediately realised I wouldn't even know how to describe it. I'll try: slow, minor key, seems to get sung for 5-10 minutes at a time.
Lets hope we get a clear rendition of it today

At least we know it isn’t sectarian, or it’d be all over the board. Lol

I bet it’s the same song I am looking to find aswell!! :D

Best but weirdest (and must admit, catchy) songs belted out by about 30 bears in San Miguel, Ibiza years ago, was replacing the chorus of Ca Plane Pour Moi (by Plastic Bertrand) with Sasa Papac. Even the locals were joining in.

what are the lyrics to the Nathan Patterson 'heaven is a place on earth' song?
Ooh Nathan do you know what you're worth?
Cos Everton don't and they went away in a huff

To answer your question, haven't a clue mate! :p

Last edited:
Back