"UEFA can't do that" - oh yes they can

Give them the ammunition and they'll use it. Things will only get worse if we don't stop. The filth have placemen in very high places in uefa and now that liewell the chief of cover-ups is in their ranks he will do his utmost to hurt us.It might be fines or a partial closure at the moment but he'll be biting ears of his "allies" to take more drastic action given the chance. How a wee nonentity like kilmarnock can sneak a man in to uefa is a mystery,or maybe not. We've been left miles behind by not pushing for someone from Ibrox to get in amongst the corrupt scum at uefa. That mhob have been infesting the ranks for years and maybe the" killie spy" might be result of celtcs pollution of uefa

UEFA have always been anti British. They banned English clubs from Europe for years due to hooliganism while European thugs were acting in the same manner and got off scot free.

It was a bit more than hooliganism mate. They could hardly sit back after 39 fans died as a result of a riot at a football match and just give them a fine and tell them not to do it again could they? English clubs' supporters and those of the national team had been causing havoc for years and Heysel was the result.

It's very, very easy and the club need to lead here. Songs about us; fine. Songs about being protestant; fine. Songs slagging opposing football teams; fine. Songs about other people's religion; not fine. It's not that hard. Why anyone wants to sing about the pope or 19th Century Terrorists in this day and age is beyond me.

I agree,but only when the vermin across the east end of the city get told the same.All we want is parity.Meanwhile,they can hang effigies of us from their stand and get away with it,but of course,us singing songs is much worse.They still openly sing songs in praise of a proscribed terrorist group,call us hun bastards,orange bastards and so on.But,we sing songs.Remember also that celtc had around a dozen fines in as many seasons from UEFA,one of them for the use of pyrotechnics.The very next match they upped the pyro and flew a banner saying "%^*& UEFA".Another fine,but we sing songs.
We may as well sing feck all at Ibrox.Oh,hold on a minute..

One of the best starts to a season in a long time. A feel good factor building with every game. A club going from strength to strength after a torrid time. Gone in a few strokes of a pen. Worse, caused by idiots in our support that continue to self harm while looking to justify it by comparing behavior that every single one of us knows is completely unacceptable to how others behave.

With friends like this, who needs enemies.

People need to wisen up. We know the beliefs held by the wider support and no one is asking that you give up those beliefs. All we ask is you think about the consequences of what are chanting. UEFA will go after us and we need to be clever in how we handle it

Depressing to digest it - unfair...yes. Life’s a bitch sometimes and you have to play the cards you’re dealt.

Stop the songs and start our own strategy to fight back. Are we really that surprised that when we start to challenge this all breaks lose? Come on guys - they are executing upon their strategy and it’s working. We don’t have any strategy.

Plenty of the bampots are on here that just don't get it. They wont get it until we're kicked out of Europe altogether.
Some of those clowns will openly thrive on it.
It will just prove how staunch they are they they can sing what they want..

I agree,but only when the vermin across the east end of the city get told the same.All we want is parity.Meanwhile,they can hang effigies of us from their stand and get away with it,but of course,us singing songs is much worse.They still openly sing songs in praise of a proscribed terrorist group,call us hun bastards,orange bastards and so on.But,we sing songs.Remember also that celtc had around a dozen fines in as many seasons from UEFA,one of them for the use of pyrotechnics.The very next match they upped the pyro and flew a banner saying "%^*& UEFA".Another fine,but we sing songs.
We may as well sing feck all at Ibrox.Oh,hold on a minute..
2 different issues imo. Sort ourselves out. Then we can deal with double standards.

I'm not saying Rangers are challenging it! I'm wondering at what point do you say we are not being treated fairly or equally, and what recourse is there? Do UEFA operate above national law, court decisions in member states? Do you just have to accept rulings which are blatantly biased if you want to participate in their competition?

It’s absolutely pointless trying to contest that we should have the right to sing about 19th Century Terrorist bastards or to chant f.uck the pope. That is an argument that can’t be won.

I do think the club should be very forcefully approaching UEFA to find out why anti Protestant Orange b****rd songs haven’t incurred similar penalty and also publicly asking more questions of FARE.

serious question - what stops entryism? e.g. rival fans disguising themselves as home support and intentionally singing offensive songs.

If strict liability comes in then i can see this being a sneaky tactic.

Surely the solution comes in better stewarding to actually get the people who sing the songs rather than a blanket solution that punishes regular fans.
You mean like FARE attending our European games????

Sheidty Sean?

It's only the word 19th Century Terrorist that is an issue for UEFA. We should stick the BB and SuperRangers on ice for this season and try and bring them back with PG13 add ons.

Let it go for %^*& sake. You want to put them on ice and play a dangerous game with our club by continuing to sing other bigoted shite? How old are you ? Is it too much to ask a grown adult to refrain from singing about the pope for 90 mins? Like I said on another thread, how long do you think half our songbook would last down south ? It would have been nipped in the bud down there quick style. We are going to be under the microscope like never before and you still want to stoke the flames ?

UEFA have always been anti British. They banned English clubs from Europe for years due to hooliganism while European thugs were acting in the same manner and got off scot free.
Absolute nonsense!! UEFA banned English clubs from Europe because of their clubs fans constant violence every year and then it came to head when Liverpool thugs were the cause of 22 deaths....AC Milan have been banned,Panathinaikos have been banned,Galatasaray have been banned,also a number of East European clubs have had part of their ground closed

It's very, very easy and the club need to lead here. Songs about us; fine. Songs about being protestant; fine. Songs slagging opposing football teams; fine. Songs about other people's religion; not fine. It's not that hard. Why anyone wants to sing about the pope or 19th Century Terrorists in this day and age is beyond me.

It's not easy though is it. Did you read the rules?

Do you remember the famine song?

He came onto our pitch, in our stadium, and was able to run the length of it. The fine will always be with the club, doesn't matter who the pitch invader is. I was at Ibrox that night and remember very angry fans singing "Security, you're having a laugh".
Wasn't it a reduced punishment because it was blatantly obvious he wasn't one of our fans? I seem to remember something along those lines although it was a long time ago.

My worry is what’s been reported from the Two rounds following ST Joseph’s. Could the second and third punishments be implemented before we know it
That has already been explained mate .it won,t be if we sing it next Thursday or after in a UEFA sanctioned game then we will be punished.

TBB song was banned, the fans brought it back. The club have now got yoofa on their backs.

Stop singing TBB and keep the heid paedo of rome and a deid murdering hungerstriker out of our songs also.

TBB has crept back into the songs in the stands home and away, ditch em at matches coz that's the Issue here.

Exactly bud.

Add into this whole situation the dreaded B word too.

They hate this Island off mainland Europe called the UK.

It isn't only the word that's the issue though, Uefa will absolutely hammer us if we go near any song with reference of being up to our knees in blood. If they can be put on ice then they can be put to bed for good.

No they won't

Back