UEFA charge Rangers for pitch invasion and thrown objects

Guess they will want to come down harder this time. Maybe we can call the guy that lets the bheasts away with murder?

No surprise at the charges .
Also no surprise the link provided the first comments are from Tim’s they need to get a life . Hilarious they’d have a go with their record number of fines from uefa!

A load of drinks and coins were being launched when the halfwit was on the pitch, the linesman involved in the sending off was almost struck by a load of drinks.

Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the UEFA Europa League group stage match between Rangers FC and Villarreal CF (0-0), played on 29 November in Scotland.

Charges against Rangers FC
- Field invasions by supporters - Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) DR

The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 13 December.

I never get why folk feel the need to scrunch up the paper from the displays and launch them down towards the touchline

It’s not as if the the folded up paper is going to take up a lot space at your feet!!!

Oh and then the hilarious paper plane makers!!
Yeah great laugh when I was in primary

I never get why folk feel the need to scrunch up the paper from the displays and launch them down towards the touchline

It’s not as if the the folded up paper is going to take up a lot space at your feet!!!

:D:D:D

St pats v red bull when they scored 2 st pats fans ran into the side of the pitch. Lets Hope Rangers bring this to the attention of UEFA as St pats were not charged.

At some point the displays will just be stopped by the club. f*** knows what we do about pitch invaders. Ban one idiot and two will take their place. Mandatory seatbelts on the seats :D

It's a shame and we do need to watch our step, however nearly every game under UEFAs watch the clubs end up being fined. It's not really a big problem for us and it's not showing our fans in that bad a light, UEFA issue fines after every match.

Let's compare fines with AEK.

1 throws scrunched up paper
1 throws a petrol bomb

AEK will get hammered they had already a 1 match partial stadium closure issued by UEFA suspended for a year plus fined for it

Match: UEFA Champions League group stage match between AEK Athens FC and FC Bayern München (0-2), played on 23 October in Greece.

Charges against AEK Athens FC
- Stairways blocked - Art. 38 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations
- Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) DR

Decision:

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to:

- to order the partial closure of the AEK Athens Stadium during the next (1) UEFA competition match in which the Greek club would play as the host club. The club is ordered to close the sector(s) where its ultra-supporters are situated and to inform UEFA at least ten (10) days before said match about the exact sector(s) to be closed. The partial stadium closure is suspended for a probationary period of one (1) year;

- to fine AEK Athens FC €64,000.

Last edited:

Conditioned moronic response syndrome.

It's a shame and we do need to watch our step, however nearly every game under UEFAs watch the clubs end up being fined. It's not really a big problem for us and it's not showing our fans in that bad a light, UEFA issue fines after every match.

Agreed. Take a look at this link and scroll down to see how common it is: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html

6 or 7 matches in each round. Typically, charges for both throwing objects or supporter invasion get small fines.

Wish it was as simple to re-direct the total cost of the fine back to the culprits. There is virtually nothing Rangers can do to prevent people like this entering the stadium.

Looks like we need to do away with card displays in Europe now.

Well done to those who can't stop throwing stuff onto the pitch.

So an arsehole runs on to the pitch which everyone knows will be some sort of punishment from UEFA and so people decide to throw stuff at him ?? :confused::confused:

Will we ever learn ?

No surprise at the charges .
Also no surprise the link provided the first comments are from Tim’s they need to get a life . Hilarious they’d have a go with their record number of fines from uefa!
Anything to do with rangers the scu.m comment on.

This happens virtually every time we have a display at a European match. Harmless, in all truth, but we know the fine is coming so why bother with scrunching it up and throwing it or, alternatively, creating a squadron of paper planes?

Agreed. Take a look at this link and scroll down to see how common it is: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html

6 or 7 matches in each round. Typically, charges for both throwing objects or supporter invasion get small fines.

Exactly mate. I know it merits a thread and people will be annoyed but the fans are a credit to the club and UEFA charges happen for the slightest thing. They have envelopes to fill.

St pats v red bull when they scored 2 st pats fans ran into the side of the pitch. Lets Hope Rangers bring this to the attention of UEFA as St pats were not charged.
Yes i'd love to know the answer to that as well,there is plenty of evidence of him on the pitch yet no charges.

The throwing paper display s on to pitch is infuriating is needless thing to do after what is good and amazing displays

People put a lot of work into seeing them up and then idiots then cause club a fine

Don't get me wrong uefa do fine for slightest thing but why give them an excuse

Back