UEFA Club Rankings - Leverkusen at 24th place

CoplandRoad

Braga are 35
Leverkusen are 24, so a big step up in class and quality for the next round.
We’re currently 94, but obviously due to our absence and poor efforts once back.
We must be due to jump up considerably for next season.
IMO we were a bit unlucky to get such a top quality team, however, all to play for and still flying the flag.:cool:

Not many easy ties left. This tie and their attacking will suit our counter attack
Game. We have really excelled on the euro games last two years with our style

At the start of the season, these are the rankings of the teams we’ve knocked out or helped to knock out of Europe -

St Joseph’s - 440
P. Niedercorn - 326
Midtjylland - 102
Legia Warsaw - 61
Feyenoord - 69
Young Boys - 55
Braga - 46

And of course Porto - 10

who we didn’t knock out but beat / drew with.

Leverkusen were 28 and we were 206

Last edited:
Leverkusen will see us as a more than decent draw all things considered,the bassas :)
They will pay no attention to the rankings and rightly so and neither will we when we beat them over the two legs :)

What's our record like against German teams in the knockout stages anyway generally?
Obviously beat werder bremen in the 2008 run to the final,remember getting put out by cologne in my lifetime but any others?
(72 was before my time)

It'll be a tough tie, but the majority of them would have been. If they take the game to us and allow us to counter them, we'll be in with a shout. We only struggle when sides sit in, and I really can't see them pulling a Kilmarnock style tactic, so we'll be able to create chances.

Braga are 35
We’re currently 94, but obviously due to our absence and poor efforts once back.
IMO we were a bit unlucky to get such a top quality team, however, all to play for and still flying the flag.:cool:

We were 206th in Europe last summer. We're now 94th based on results this season. There won't be any further jump unless we win more coefficient points.

I think we were ranked top 20 when we went into administration.

Leverkusen will see us as a more than decent draw all things considered,the bassas :)
They will pay no attention to the rankings and rightly so and neither will we when we beat them over the two legs :)

What's our record like against German teams in the knockout stages anyway generally?
Obviously beat werder bremen in the 2008 run to the final,remember getting put out by cologne in my lifetime but any others?
(72 was before my time)

Knocked out by Dortmund in 99 and Monchengladbach (sp?) in 86.

This lot ain't a Barcelona or Juve or Liverpool like some are making out.

A slight step up but we've taken 4 points already off a team even higher ranked.

The higher ranked team that Leverkusen very comfortably disposed of.

The higher ranked team that Leverkusen very comfortably disposed of.

The team that we took 4 points off and Braga disposed of in a 2 leg Cup Final who in turn we beat Home and Away.

Your point is??

Some amount of panty wetters re them.

Couldn't even name their manager yet alone any players.

They won't know what hit them when they step out at Ibrox, or even their own patch with our away support ;)

Rankings in world football mean nothing in Scottish football,
Never has never will.
We always believe we can beat anyone.
that's why teams don't like playing us.

We've been punching above our supposed weight since the Legia tie. Every challenge on this run so far has been a step up (as it should be in a cup) and we've overcome everything in our path.

The rankings have meant nothing to us so far - they are massively skewed due to us being in the european wilderness since 2012. UEFA are obviously not very good at judging what level we are at right now.

My view is we haven't met our match yet so nobody really knows our limitations. Nothing I've seen so far in this run indicates to me that we can't beat Leverkusen.

We will have more than an even chance against them at Ibrox, then it is up to us to scrap for what we can in Germany.

Hopefully we'll take our chances this time,if we stick to the way we played against Braga away, they'll be in a game and Ibrox full house is totally different to Porto. We need to get behind the team for 95 minutes. Hopefully we take the game to them.

Knocked out by Dortmund in 99 and Monchengladbach (sp?) in 86.
Feck me Dortmund yeah,early kick off watching the second leg in the pollok club in shawlands.
Was Thomas Myhre not in goals that game and played terrible,amoruso had a mental shot from a free kick once we had blown our lead from well far out that had their goalie scrabbling to save it despite the distance.

The team that we took 4 points off and Braga disposed of in a 2 leg Cup Final who in turn we beat Home and Away.

Your point is??

Some amount of panty wetters re them.

Couldn't even name their manager yet alone any players.

Ah, the good old panty wetters line trotted out.

You can't name any of their players or their manager, so on what basis are you calling it a slight step up? When others, who watch German football and who can name their players and manager rate them much higher. Are these the panty wetters of which you speak? Knowledge is power, my friend.

I was at the Porto v Leverkusen game, and it was clear that Leverkusen are more than a slight step up from Porto.

Leverkusen for me are a massive step up in anything we have played to date the boy havertz is a phenomenal player and he’s still only young

Braga are 35

what do these club rankings actually mean and what do they count for please?

Leverkusen are a team in form, packed with German Internationals, and they have genuinely one of the most exciting prospects in Europe in Havertz.

This is by far the biggest test so far.

We will see, our team continue to surpass all expectations. I think we'll give a good account of ourselves over the two legs, whether that will be enough, time will tell.

If rankings are the measure, why play the game just concede ffs.
There would not be a bookmaker in the country if rankings are the correct outcome

Leverkusen fans will be delighted with the draw but I’d imagine the players and club in general won’t be taking it for granted and will treat us with the respect we deserve

yes they’re favourites and rightly so but people can right us off all they like but we’ve proved we are a much for these team’s, especially at home

Rankings in world football mean nothing in Scottish football,
Never has never will.
We always believe we can beat anyone.
that's why teams don't like playing us.
Do you read these threads. No matter who we play many posters have " bad feelings ".

(72 was before my time)

we have beaten Leverkusen before over two legs

At the start of the season, these are the rankings of the teams we’ve knocked out or helped to knock out of Europe -

St Joseph’s - 440
P. Niedercorn - 326
Midtjylland - 102
Legia Warsaw - 61
Feyenoord - 69
Young Boys - 55
Braga - 46

And of course Porto - 10

who we didn’t knock out but beat / drew with.

Leverkusen were 28 and we were 206
Said yesterday that its probably the toughest draw we could've got, but they're not Werder Bremen. I think that although it's the hardest tie we'll have faced (probably since our troubles began), their style of play will suit ours. It might be a step up too much, but we've done well so far & who knows - look at 2008!!!!;) :))

Said yesterday that its probably the toughest draw we could've got, but they're not Werder Bremen. I think that although it's the hardest tie we'll have faced (probably since our troubles began), their style of play will suit ours. It might be a step up too much, but we've done well so far & who knows - look at 2008!!!!;) :))
Tougher for us than Roma,Inter,Seville,Utd or Wolves,i'll take your word for it.

Interestingly we’ve already won the same number of knock out games as we did when getting to the final in 2008 (we won 2, drew 5 and lost 1). We’re also just 1 goal short of our total number of goals in that run (5), although we have conceded the same number of goals already (2) as we did in that whole run excluding the final.

We also played Portuguese and German opposition en route to Manchester.

So basically we’re much better now and are clearly going to win it.

We were 206th in Europe last summer. We're now 94th based on results this season. There won't be any further jump unless we win more coefficient points.

I think we were ranked top 20 when we went into administration.

Top 20 - that surprises me a bit ! Would love to see the ranking from that year and previous seasons - would be interesting

Interestingly we’ve already won the same number of knock out games as we did when getting to the final in 2008 (we won 2, drew 5 and lost 1). We’re also just 1 goal short of our total number of goals in that run (5), although we have conceded the same number of goals already (2) as we did in that whole run excluding the final.

We also played Portuguese and German opposition en route to Manchester.

So basically we’re much better now and are clearly going to win it.
So after disposing of Bayer; we want Olympiakos and Rome to complete the run the final country suite.

We go into this match with no fear. The players will love playing and, if nothing else, will learn a lot about playing against big players in big teams in big matches. They will be better players after the match than they are now. A great education for them.

Back