UEFA Draw - 2nd qualifying round draw - Rangers possibly to play Cork City

I’ve always thought most people in ROI don’t really give a shit about us or celtic. Or they at least hate us both.

Think i would rather play the students of cardiff they would likely move it to cardiff city stadium and we would prob get a fair whack of tckts 30,000 or so

Nonsense, I live in Belfast and have been to Cork's ground. Belfast is almost split down the middle on religious grounds, Windsor park is perfectly placed to accomodate Celtic fans via Boucher road had they chose to take tickets, Republican West Belfast is only across the road. Cork is bang smack at the bottom of the Republic of Ireland, there is no base to keep Rangers fans safe getting to or leaving the ground.

Official flight only for 350 or whatever the 5% is. Bussed to the ground for kick off and bussed right back to the airport after the game. Sorted.

Surely Progres will beat them anyway, they very nearly got past UFA to play us last season, I imagine Cork are dung

We will do extremely well to get past the 3rd round given the possible opponents.

This point was true, three years ago. Not now: we beat Rapid Vienna and drew with Villarreal. We should be capable of competing with anyone in the draw - especially at this stage of the season when clubs aren’t at it.

We will do extremely well to get past the 3rd round given the possible opponents.

Who can we get?
Am I right in thinking that a favourable R3 draw would see us take their seeding for R4?

This point was true, three years ago. Not now: we beat Rapid Vienna and drew with Villarreal. We should be capable of competing with anyone in the draw - especially at this stage of the season when clubs aren’t at it.

Absolutely!
Teams won't want to draw us.

everyone we played in the group stage we beat on aggregate. I fancy our chances

Nonsense, I live in Belfast and have been to Cork's ground. Belfast is almost split down the middle on religious grounds, Windsor park is perfectly placed to accomodate Celtic fans via Boucher road had they chose to take tickets, Republican West Belfast is only across the road. Cork is bang smack at the bottom of the Republic of Ireland, there is no base to keep Rangers fans safe getting to or leaving the ground.
poets with tickets their club didn't sanction in Windsor Park on the 14th of July against a limited number (or none) of us at Turner Cross. I'm aware of the logistics of WP I live about 2 miles away.

I don't think it will.

I don't think you can play games outside your own FA boundaries anymore.

Celtic's game against Linfield went ahead in Belfast so I don't see this getting moved tbh.
The good Protestant people of Belfast can be trusted to behave. And Windsor park is a lot safer stadium than what Cork’s will be.
Can see it getting moved to Dublin though.

Bump your Bohemians thread please.

This could be a classic. :)

Talking about away fans potentially not being allowed. After our game against Bohemians, Linfield were due to play Shamrock Rovers the following week. Due to the trouble at Bohemians they banned Linfield supporters from travelling. We decided to travel down regardless. There were a few hundred of us outside the ground that night and they let us all in. Linfield drew on the night and won on away goals.

I don't think there would be any problems with us right in the south of Ireland, we're not exactly playing Derry City and if Linfield can host the manky mob then surely we can play in ROI
So you would be happy where is 98% RC (in the cityside) and the ground is in the Brandywell/Bogside totally read it wrongly

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the dates for 3rd and 4th qualifiers are listed as 9th 16th , 23rd and 30th of August on UEFA website, All Fridays?? Same on Wikipedia.

The third round draw has about 4 teams we want to avoid at all costs. Alot of other team there too which are big names but not anywhere near as good as they have been in the past.

Id say we've got a chance over two legs against every one of them except Roma, Feyenoord, Frankfurt, Wolves

You could maybe add Spartak, Espanyol, Braga and AEK Athens to that but i genuinely think we still have a good chance against them at full strength. The others are:

Sparta Prague
AZ Alkmaar
Legia Warsaw
Molde
Rijeka
Strasbourg
Gent
Steuea Bucharest
Malmo
Partizan
Zorya
Arsenal Tula
Vitoria Guimaraes
Limassol
Hapoel Beer Sheva

Theres quite a few tough ties there but nothing we should be shitting ourselves about as long as we avoid the obvious big teams.

The third round draw has about 4 teams we want to avoid at all costs. Alot of other team there too which are big names but not anywhere near as good as they have been in the past.

Id say we've got a chance over two legs against every one of them except Roma, Feyenoord, Frankfurt, Wolves

You could maybe add Spartak, Espanyol, Braga and AEK Athens to that but i genuinely think we still have a good chance against them at full strength. The others are:

Sparta Prague
AZ Alkmaar
Legia Warsaw
Molde
Rijeka
Strasbourg
Gent
Steuea Bucharest
Malmo
Partizan
Zorya
Arsenal Tula
Vitoria Guimaraes
Limassol
Hapoel Beer Sheva

Theres quite a few tough ties there but nothing we should be shitting ourselves about as long as we avoid the obvious big teams.
One of Legia/Molde/Rijeka would be fantastic IMO.

Reactions: VGM
I’ve always thought most people in ROI don’t really give a shit about us or celtic. Or they at least hate us both.

FF would have you believe that everyone in ROI is friendly to Rangers, it's a myth that has been peddled on here for as long as I can remember. While many don't really care, there is still a fair percentage of Rangers haters. All the scum would descend on the game.

Here's a thought, they might look to play the game at Musgrave Park if Cork get through, rather than Turners Cross.

Musgrave Park is in Cork, home of the Munster Rugby team. Holds 10,000, which is a bit more like it.

They played Bayern there in the 90's.

Back