UEFA Draw - 2nd qualifying round draw - Rangers possibly to play Cork City

Decent chance that Wolves won't be seeded for that 3rd round.

We want the likes of Malmo, Bucarest, Sparta Prague, etc.
Would be helpful if a few of the potential seeded teams get knocked out in round 2 the way I'm reading it on Bert kassie site?

I would be 100% surprised if they allowed us in the City of Cork never mind the away end of the Stadium.

I was always under the impression that Cork was the 19th Century Terrorist hole of Ireland and a breeding ground for Republicans. My papa always used to go on about that place.... The only two groups of people he hated were the Japanese and cunts fae Cork. Quite funny now I think back to it, must have been 10 or 11 at this point :D !

We want Malmo, Steaua, Legia Warsaw, Gent or Partizan Belgrade in the third round.

Guarantees us seeding for round 4, and means we miss the real big guns.

No chance of Partizan Belgrade as they drew Kilmarnock. Would take any of them other sides though.

I would be 100% surprised if they allowed us in the City of Cork never mind the away end of the Stadium.

I was always under the impression that Cork was the 19th Century Terrorist hole of Ireland and a breeding ground for Republicans. My papa always used to go on about that place.... The only two groups of people he hated were the Japanese and cunts fae Cork. Quite funny now I think back to it, must have been 10 or 11 at this point :D !
Had quite a big dissident Republican March there in April.The speakers slated the IRA and said that Cork would take up arms to free the 6 counties from British rule.
They sound like the kind of people who would roll out the red carpet for us

Progres will pump Cardiff Uni and Cork.

Revenge is nigh.

Correct, the way I first saw this thread presented and reading the comments, I thought it was definitely Cork we were playing. Clearly they'll be outsiders to Progres so maybe people shouldn't be getting their knickers in a twist about Cork, security arrangements, beret clad IRA men poking their heads above hedges etc just yet....it's probably not gonna happen.

The third round draw has about 4 teams we want to avoid at all costs. Alot of other team there too which are big names but not anywhere near as good as they have been in the past.

Id say we've got a chance over two legs against every one of them except Roma, Feyenoord, Frankfurt, Wolves

You could maybe add Spartak, Espanyol, Braga and AEK Athens to that but i genuinely think we still have a good chance against them at full strength. The others are:

Sparta Prague
AZ Alkmaar
Legia Warsaw
Molde
Rijeka
Strasbourg
Gent
Steuea Bucharest
Malmo
Partizan
Zorya
Arsenal Tula
Vitoria Guimaraes
Limassol
Hapoel Beer Sheva

Theres quite a few tough ties there but nothing we should be shitting ourselves about as long as we avoid the obvious big teams.

Would definitely agree with this, although a draw against those 4 teams isn't certain we'd be knocked out. We'd give them a game, and I'd fancy us to put Wolves out.

Would be helpful if a few of the potential seeded teams get knocked out in round 2 the way I'm reading it on Bert kassie site?
The draw for round 3 is on the 22nd and round 2 first leg is on the 25th so teams can't be knocked out before the draw except in round 1 which is extremely unlikely.

Here's a thought, they might look to play the game at Musgrave Park if Cork get through, rather than Turners Cross.

Musgrave Park is in Cork, home of the Munster Rugby team. Holds 10,000, which is a bit more like it.

They played Bayern there in the 90's.
Then again they always had a soft spot for the Jerries, as opposed to the Brits.

The draw for round 3 is on the 22nd and round 2 first leg is on the 25th so teams can't be knocked out before the draw except in round 1 which is extremely unlikely.
Ah ok. That changes things for me then. Not too many Maribor type draws to be had in round three. As well just hoping for the easiest seeded ream possible then.

Assuming we are allowed to go to Cork, our allocation will be around 500 tickets? Anyone any idea how people are on what points?

Assuming we are allowed to go to Cork, our allocation will be around 500 tickets? Anyone any idea how people are on what points?

I'm on 5/9 points but it would be really helpful if Rangers issued a breakdown in points after every euro away tie. They must have the info at hand so I don't see what's difficult about publishing a PDF with the numbers showing how many are on each point tally.

If it is at Cork I'll likely miss out if it's only 500 tickets (again I'm guessing but I'd imagine there are 500 on 6 to 9 points).

I'm on 5/9 points but it would be really helpful if Rangers issued a breakdown in points after every euro away tie. They must have the info at hand so I don't see what's difficult about publishing a PDF with the numbers showing how many are on each point tally.

If it is at Cork I'll likely miss out if it's only 500 tickets (again I'm guessing but I'd imagine there are 500 on 6 to 9 points).
I think u would be very surprised, I reckon on 5 points you would get a ticket

Some won’t go/be able to go

It would be very easy to do.

But they don't want fans to know how many tickets go to sponsors and corporate for games like Vienna.

A number of years ago I flew into Cork airport. I got the bus into the city centre and the first person I saw when I got off was a man with a Rangers shirt on. Never got a chance to speak to him but often wondered was he a local!

Not the most up to date, but I made note of this last season. Not as many people on high points as you would think, and a lot of points will drop off. I’m dropping from 6 to 3 points because season 10/11 is being cut.

Travel Club before Villarreal away 20/9/18

"Max points is 11 (only 20 on that).
Less than 1,000 on above 2 points and just under 2/3rds of the travel club on zero"

Last edited:
Ah ok. That changes things for me then. Not too many Maribor type draws to be had in round three. As well just hoping for the easiest seeded ream possible then.
Not necessarily, the 4th is drawn before completion of the 3rd.

Ideally we want to be seeded for the 4th

We can only achieve that if we draw a club in the 3rd round who have a sufficiently high enough ranking to be seeded in the 4th

FF would have you believe that everyone in ROI is friendly to Rangers, it's a myth that has been peddled on here for as long as I can remember. While many don't really care, there is still a fair percentage of Rangers haters. All the scum would descend on the game.
I would say the vast majority don’t give a %^*& about us or them.but as you rightly put their are plenty of rangers haters about the place but they by the main are cowards who act the hard man when they come across bears in one or twos but if you have more than ten bears they crap it.ask any bear who flies out of Dublin airport.they are full of it if they think your on your own get a handful of bears togeather or make it clear you won’t put up with their shit they absolutely shit themselves

Not the most up to date, but I made note of this last season. Not not as many people on high points as you would think, and a lot of points will drop off. I’m dropping from 6 to 3 points because season 10/11 is being cut.

Travel Club before Villarreal away 20/9/18

"Max points is 11 (only 20 on that).
Less than 1,000 on above 2 points and just under 2/3rds of the travel club on zero"

what games are counted for travel club points? i was n 7 or something last year now down to 3

Great Draw.

Progress will beat Cardiff Met Handy.

Cork are struggling in the league of Ireland but Progres also on the decline.

I say 60-40 in Progres' favour.

Also the folk in Cork arent bad.

All are Cork GAA Fans or Cork City. Then United and Liverpool and very little Celtic.

Ive watched us in a pub there before and problems of the sort.

Friendly folk in my view.

Hope it's Cork.

what games are counted for travel club points? i was n 7 or something last year now down to 3

Anything accumulated in seasons 10-11 and 11-12 has dropped off. I lost points gained at Valencia, Man Utd and Sporting Lisbon. Other points that have dropped off are Bursaspor, PSV and Maribor.

A draw against Cork City would be a nightmare it would attract nutters from both sides. Dont say we have,nt got them, because we have, people who put Irish politics before the good name of Rangers.

Sorry if I was Rangers I would refuse tickets.

There is far too much at stake for the club.

The rebel county gave Her Majesty a good welcome when she visited.
Much to the horror of the local shinners who turned up to protest,only to find themselves outnumbered and told to go away by local people who wanted to greet the queen.cork was the only place on her visit to roi where she and Philip had a walkabout.

Great Draw.

Progress will beat Cardiff Met Handy.

Cork are struggling in the league of Ireland but Progres also on the decline.

I say 60-40 in Progres' favour.

Also the folk in Cork arent bad.

All are Cork GAA Fans or Cork City. Then United and Liverpool and very little Celtic.

Ive watched us in a pub there before and problems of the sort.

Friendly folk in my view.

Hope it's Cork.
In terms of the league of Ireland they have one of the biggest if not the biggest support in that league

I don't think there would be any problems with us right in the south of Ireland, we're not exactly playing Derry City and if Linfield can host the manky mob then surely we can play in ROI
You have no idea do you ? Cork is a hotbed of republicanism and would pose a very serious threat to lives

Much to the horror of the local shinners who turned up to protest,only to find themselves outnumbered and told to go away by local people who wanted to greet the queen.cork was the only place on her visit to roi where she and Philip had a walkabout.
Had a look and the shinners halved their number of seats on Cork Council down to 4. Which is nice and I think in keeping with their general shite results in the republic :D

On a side-note:

As you were aware, we just made it into the seeded group of clubs (last place) for the 2nd Round draw. Zrinjski Mostar who had the same coefficient as us (5.250) were unseeded.
They were grouped to meet either Sturm Graz, FC Utrecht, AEK Larnaca, FK Jablonec or Legia Warsaw...they drew the Dutch team.
Could have been us.

A draw against Cork City would be a nightmare it would attract nutters from both sides. Dont say we have,nt got them, because we have, people who put Irish politics before the good name of Rangers.

Sorry if I was Rangers I would refuse tickets.

There is far too much at stake for the club.
Anyone who got a ticket would be known by rangers anyway

And we would be bussed in and bussed out

Back