UEFA Draw - 2nd qualifying round draw - Rangers possibly to play Cork City

A follow follow myth.
They have a massive support in Ireland, although a lot of Irish support an English team (liverpool or man utd) they would still at least have the rotten mob as a 2nd team.
Bottom line tho is that 99.9% of the country hate us.
I have lived over here for 20 years and in my experience yes the manky mob have a huge support over here and the vast majority of them have never set foot in the piggery.in all the places I have worked in the vast majority don’t give a flying %^*& about us or them.not for one second am I saying we are liked cause for obvious reasons we aint and any time we may play in the roi certain elements will latch onto any club we are playing.in the past when Liverpool have played the manky mob I have been told about pubs being wrecked with Liverpool and the manky mob batteling with each other.

A follow follow myth.
They have a massive support in Ireland, although a lot of Irish support an English team (liverpool or man utd) they would still at least have the rotten mob as a 2nd team.
Especially amongst the GAA brigade. They don’t have much of a clue about football but what they do know is that they ‘hate the Brits’ and no doubt us heading over to Ireland in the midst of summer would bring the bucky swilling pikeys out for a provo-fest and bring all kinds of wrong attention onto the game

Sadly the actual League of Ireland folks who actually follow their local sides are the ones who would suffer as I genuinely don’t think they would be the problems. Any Irishman I’ve met who supports his local Irish league side first and foremost have been knowledgeable (yet obviously being Irish never the most articulate of sorts!) passionate and genuinely put football first before politics

On the plus side, you can get great beer in Cork.

Local brewers Franciscan Well do a nice IPA called Chieftan IPA.

Their red ale, Rebel Red, might not be so popular with our travelling support, however.

There seems to be a lot of posters on here getting their panties in a bunch about a game that may not even happen.

One thing's for sure though, is that if we do face Cork there will be Rangers fans in the stadium, whether we get an official allocation or not.

Spot on, the hardcore will travel regardless.

Hope to f**k Rangers take up the allocation and don't do what Celtic done with Linfield.

There seems to be a lot of posters on here getting their panties in a bunch about a game that may not even happen.

One thing's for sure though, is that if we do face Cork there will be Rangers fans in the stadium, whether we get an official allocation or not.

It's not a certainty, although I could foresee a situation where it would be 'official' travel only.

There is absolutely NO chance in Hell if it was Cork we would get an away allocation.

Don't think it will matter as Progres I feel will beat them.

Think there's more chance of one of us being ball deep in Margot Robbie.

It's not a certainty, although I could foresee a situation where it would be 'official' travel only.
There would still be bears in the home end, though. Even when the entire San Siro was closed to all supporters when playing Inter Milan, bears managed to sneak into the press section.

Some amount of pish posted in this thread.

Cork (particularly West Cork, where I live) has a significant number of proper Protestant people. Very friendly place. Come with a thuggish, hooligan attitude though and the cops will kick the living shit out of you.
Well heeled, Episcopalian Protestants will have a great day out in the English Market. Low brow Presbyterians, less so.

If the game is moved to Limerick, any Bear travelling would be risking serious injury. Gypsies and drug gangs run this town and will be on the lookout for scalps. It ain’t called “Stab City” for nothing!

Some amount of pish posted in this thread.

Cork (particularly West Cork, where I live) has a significant number of proper Protestant people. Very friendly place. Come with a thuggish, hooligan attitude though and the cops will kick the living shit out of you.
Well heeled, Episcopalian Protestants will have a great day out in the English Market. Low brow Presbyterians, less so.

If the game is moved to Limerick, any Bear travelling would be risking serious injury. Gypsies and drug gangs run this town and will be on the lookout for scalps. It ain’t called “Stab City” for nothing!

Limerick city very rough and dodgy cant see the game being switched there better off in cork dump of a stadium but safer for any Bears.

Be a case of police dictating what goes on

I agree with you
what they are saying over here is they see no reason to switch with 400 tickets for us as they feel they can cope with reduced capacity to keep us apart the cork board are either niave or stupid as there will be many more travel and get home end tickets

I agree with you
what they are saying over here is they see no reason to switch with 400 tickets for us as they feel they can cope with reduced capacity to keep us apart the cork board are either niave or stupid as there will be many more travel and get home end tickets
then after all thats said and done

Cardiff uni wins :p

Rangers fans would always go to games regardless of what anyone said in the past. That's why they made arrangements, or moved to another ground. They knew we would travel.
We should do the same here, perfectly entitled to travel to Ireland for a couple of days, no aggressive attitudes or whatever. If you get into the ground you get in. If not, watch in pub.

We’ve booked up for cork, flying into Dublin on Thursday back on Friday for £36. If Cork don’t make it then it’s a night out in Dublin

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket
His daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nan tuck it

PG for the kids and all that!!
We still have to both win 1st round ties I take it?

Err Munster play in Limerick which is their version of Easterhouse.
Pedant loyal, Munster play most games in Limerick but they play 6or 7 games at Irish Independent park in Cork capacity of 8000. They have concerts as well, so may be happy to host a football match.

The third round draw has about 4 teams we want to avoid at all costs. Alot of other team there too which are big names but not anywhere near as good as they have been in the past.

Id say we've got a chance over two legs against every one of them except Roma, Feyenoord, Frankfurt, Wolves

You could maybe add Spartak, Espanyol, Braga and AEK Athens to that but i genuinely think we still have a good chance against them at full strength. The others are:

Sparta Prague
AZ Alkmaar
Legia Warsaw
Molde
Rijeka
Strasbourg
Gent
Steuea Bucharest
Malmo
Partizan
Zorya
Arsenal Tula
Vitoria Guimaraes
Limassol
Hapoel Beer Sheva

Theres quite a few tough ties there but nothing we should be shitting ourselves about as long as we avoid the obvious big teams.
I think over two legs we could beat anyone, I fear no team. You just have to look at how dominant we were over the Jake's last time. Bear in mind also, if we'd met Villarreal over a two legged tie we would have knocked them out. We're the team that no one wants to draw.

I'd rather we headed to Luxembourg. Too much potential for issues playing Cork and i'd rather that was avoided.

It would be absolute carnage if we headed to Cork, folk pretending otherwise are either being very naive or kidding themselves on. Don’t get me wrong, I would still go :) It’s best all round that we go to Luxembourg though.

It won’t be cork as the luxembourgians will beat them , on the off chance it is cork who qualify , there’s not a chance of the game being moved to limerick .

It will either be no travelling fans , or a plane load possibly two for the away section in the official travel club, busses to stadium and straight back again after the game .

Football wise I’d rather get revenge on progress

Low cost flights booked to Dublin just in case. Think it will be Lux though.
checked the other day and flight from dublin to luxembourg was coming in at £38 one way n getting there at 16:20 could possibly booked 2 incase progress win

It won’t be cork as the luxembourgians will beat them , on the off chance it is cork who qualify , there’s not a chance of the game being moved to limerick .

It will either be no travelling fans , or a plane load possibly two for the away section in the official travel club, busses to stadium and straight back again after the game .

Football wise I’d rather get revenge on progress
The maximum amount of tickets for away fans will be 400 if it’s cork we end up playing.i don’t think cork will beat progress

Have the potential home and away dates been pencilled in? Think I read we are home 25th July? Want to book flights for the home leg. Cheers.

checked the other day and flight from dublin to luxembourg was coming in at £38 one way n getting there at 16:20 could possibly booked 2 incase pr
checked the other day and flight from dublin to luxembourg was coming in at £38 one way n getting there at 16:20 could possibly booked 2 incase progress win
good option, fly Scotland - Dublin - Luxembourg. Covers all eventualities

Scotland - Dublin - Luxembourg. Covers all options.

A follow follow myth.
Exactly mate some of the pish you read on here, about people in the ROI not giving a shit about celtic is pathetic, they have huge support in the country. And yes we are hated.

Exactly mate some of the pish you read on here, about people in the ROI not giving a shit about celtic is pathetic, they have huge support in the country. And yes we are hated.
Nobody is denying they have a huge support but Liverpool and man utd have a lot bigger support over here.i have lived here for twenty years and nine times out of ten the conversation on a Monday morning is about the games in the English premiership.countless pubs in Dublin and in the town I live in will not show the game if it’s up against an English premiership or big rugby game is on at the same time.of course we are hated by certain parts of the population over here but most don’t give a flying feck about us or them.

Took a punt and booked flights from Stanstead to Luxembourg. They were only £9.99 each way, worth gambling for the sake of £20, the flights are up to £70 already. Booked a room in London and one over there too with free cancellation. Just need to hope it doesn’t go tits up now:D

Heads for Luxembourg

The away leg is scheduled for 1st August

Currently there issues with Aberdeen who scheduled to be away in the 2nd leg as well with chance playing in Luxembourg if Fola Esch beat Chikhura Sachkhere of Georgia in QR1, Aberdeen have to win their QR1 game as well

But Fola Esch are the highest ranked Luxembourg team in EL which would help stay on 1st August under UEFA rules the higher ranked side get priority we would moved to 30th July

Jeunesse Esch are also scheduled to be home in the 2nd leg but that can be resolved by reserving the game

We would play in the same ground as in 2017 but this is another issue as Aberdeen played Fola Esch in 2016 in the same ground

Complicated ain't

Back