UEFA Europa League Draw - Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord

Fudgie1973

Good draw, drawing Feyenoord is one to watch off the park and they have a love in with the Tims.

Bookmark it now but their fans will be drinking in all the tarrier slop houses that night from tall cranes to brazen ,so be on guard when they arrive
No the won't, my Dutch mates that'll be coming over hate Celtic and have a soft spot for us.

hawkfalcons

Was also in Rotterdam in 2002 in amongst the animals. Got a few cracks in the jaw first half then managed to get into the Gers end 2nd half. A few bears took tankings in the home end that night. It was like the walking wounded at the concourse at segregation at half time. Police were decent though and let all Rangers fans onto the away section when asked.
no chance we took tankings ffs

hawkfalcons

Great draw. Playing proper European teams, I wouldn't have it any other way. Porto have a great European history and will be favourites but if they get complacent they could easily lose to every other team. Feyenoord will be strong at home and Young Boys are Swiss champions. They recorded a win over Juventus last season. Only big performances will see us get out the group. What a test for the team.
we have a good record against porto think we can get 2nd at worse imo

Fudgie1973

Usually I rubbish celtic's special relationship with teams but there definitely is a link between their fans and feyenoords.
Maybe a couple. When I lived over there I soon learned that Feyenoord don't give a %^*& about anyone else. The only "link" is Rotterdams flag is green and white.

It Is Old But Beautiful

Feyenoord’s hooligans are mental. I recall them trying to attack us home and away in 2002 and folk’s buses had missiles thrown at them. 5 years prior to that Feyenoord and Ajax hooligans met at Beverwijk which in between Rotterdam and Amsterdam for a prearranged fight with Ajax’s F-Side and Feyenoord’s S.C.F. What followed was absolutely bedlam, the Feyenoord fans got out their cars/buses on the side of the motorway.

With the majority all full of drugs they headed towards the Ajax hooligans just adjacent to the motorway. Both sets of fans were armed however the Feyenoord hooligans had bats, clubs, knives and hammers.

There were upwards of 200 of them and they went straight into battle with the Ajax hooligans. The F-Side began to receive a lot of injuries due to weapons used and then tried fleeing. The F-Side’s top hooligan Carlo Picorni was struck multiple times in the head with a hammer which ultimately led to his death.

Many of the Ajax hooligans’ vehicles were then torched by the S.C.F. The event is nicknamed the Battle of Beverwijk and occured on the 23rd March 1997.

Here is a video before the battle where Ajax and Feyenoord fans faced off before the Battle of Beverwijk took place at roughly the same area: (recorded by Feyenoord S.C.F Hooligan)

Below is footage capturing the events unfold:

Bring them on

Last edited:

nybear

No the won't, my Dutch mates that'll be coming over hate Celtic and have a soft spot for us.
am sure they teamed up with them to attack us in George square and on the way smashed up a pub in merchant city which we got the blame for early 2001/2003

Big Blue Bear

Was also in Rotterdam in 2002 in amongst the animals. Got a few cracks in the jaw first half then managed to get into the Gers end 2nd half. A few bears took tankings in the home end that night. It was like the walking wounded at the concourse at segregation at half time. Police were decent though and let all Rangers fans onto the away section when asked.
I was at the home game n had 4 Feyenoord fans sitting behind us. They took a bit of a tanking if a remember.

Gaz030191

Apologies as I'm sure it's bee stated somewhere but I can't see it. Do we know when the 3 ticket packages will go on sale to non season ticket holders?

Renoranger

Hooliganism and violence a main topic.

Armed police will stop any Dutch fans. Make an example of some who attack people and it will stop. Martyrs cannot harm anyone.

Fudgie1973

am sure they teamed up with them to attack us in George square and on the way smashed up a pub in merchant city which we got the blame for early 2001/2003
A squad of them might have but the vast majority couldn't give a fat rats arse about that mob, they might wave green and white banners at the game or sing celtic to try and wind us up as do plenty of other foreign teams. And I know a few for a fact that favour us.

Greenisland Bear

Cracking group.

Our last trip to Porto was a memorable one.

Ross McCormack late goal.

Some great trips and a group with a bit of luck we can progress from.

Govan_derry

We met a feyenoord fan that also follows Rangers in Luxembourg for the progres game. He sent us a message yesterday saying he’s looking forward to welcoming us to Rotterdam.
I was at the home and away feyenoord games in 2002 and I don’t think they have any allegiances to Celtic I think they just like a fight at the football with anyone

FortressVillage

Joined the travel club at the start of the qualifiers but unfortunately circumstance meant I couldn't make any of the away games.

Therefore have 0 points, is there any point on me booking flights for Porto or Feyenoord? Obviously there's alot to do in Amsterdam but is there much chance of picking up a Rangers end ticket over there as I doubt I'd get a ticket on 0 points.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
Joined the travel club at the start of the qualifiers but unfortunately circumstance meant I couldn't make any of the away games.

Therefore have 0 points, is there any point on me booking flights for Porto or Feyenoord? Obviously there's alot to do in Amsterdam but is there much chance of picking up a Rangers end ticket over there as I doubt I'd get a ticket on 0 points.
You’ll get a ticket if Rangers run an official flight and you go with them.

Rt. Hon. Bearman

Porto will be favourites to top the group by to be honest I could see any two of the four teams going through.

We have nothing to fear. All those sides are good, but so are we. I can guarantee you that we were NOT one of their preferred opponents they could have had from Pot 4.

Vibeman

Does anyone know the chances of getting a ticket for Porto in the home end? Will it be the same as Vienna where you have to buy the package then flog the other two games?

alister1972

Got Glasgow to Amsterdam flights booked as soon as the fixtures were announced for £130 return - got an email yesterday from Lastminute.com telling me that I was being refunded and no reason given. Same flight is now £860 return absolute shambles, how can they get away with that?

Now booked to go from Newcastle and costing an extra £125 each for all of us.

Gardy Loyal

Got Glasgow to Amsterdam flights booked as soon as the fixtures were announced for £130 return - got an email yesterday from Lastminute.com telling me that I was being refunded and no reason given. Same flight is now £860 return absolute shambles, how can they get away with that?

Now booked to go from Newcastle and costing an extra £125 each for all of us.
Disgusting that.

Greedy scumbags.

lalsger

You’ll get a ticket if Rangers run an official flight and you go with them.
Not sure how it compares in terms of numbers then and now in the TC but i got a Porto ticket the last time on 0 points, Rangers got a lot off tickets and from memory the home end wasn't full, it just depends on whether Rangers push to get as many tickets as possible.

StokeyBear

80 euro return flights to Amsterdam. Perks of not staying in the UK. :cool:

Although I pay a fortune every time I want to go Ibrox.