UEFA Europa League Draw - Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord

9 points is almost always enough to qualify. 7 or 8 points in a group this tight would also probably see us qualify tbh.

you're right when i think about it - it could end up like the last time we were in a group with Porto in the Champs League, did we not get out that group with 7 points or something?

That's a half decent draw. Haven't seen feyenoord for years but I'm guessing Us them and Young Boys will be pretty equal with Porto a bit better. Are any of them better than Legia?? Got a feeling we will get out the group.

That's a half decent draw. Haven't seen feyenoord for years but I'm guessing Us them and Young Boys will be pretty equal with Porto a bit better. Are any of them better than Legia?? Got a feeling we will get out the group.
Legia will probably be better defensively than anyone we face this season bar perhaps Porto, but I think Feyenoord and Young Boys are better going forward.

Young Boys getting seriously underrated on here.
They really are, which is concerning. Any fans who expect us to turn them over are going to be in for a rude awakening.

They've won the last 2 titles, the latest being by 20 points over Basel, a very competent and regularly successful European team.

These guys will be no mugs.

Legia will probably be better defensively than anyone we face this season bar perhaps Porto, but I think Feyenoord and Young Boys are better going forward.

That's good them. I think we play better when the bus hasn't been parked.

The flip side which doesn't seem to be getting much comment is that none of those teams will be delighted that they got us as the lowest seeded team.

We've just become the first team to ever reach the groups stages back to back after playing 4 qualifying rounds both years, beating a very decent Legia team in the process.

We're no mugs either and Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord will know that.

That’s as tough as it could have got. Hopefully Feyenoord away first away game and we don’t take tickets.

The away game we should get sorted out first is feyenoord away.

We don't take tkts for that game as per ban which leaves two good trips to Berne & Porto.

Sorry if mentioned , how is our relationship with feyenoord , I’m lead to believe there was a lot of trouble in 02 ?

The fixture list posted is correct, being verified across other outlets now.

Sorry if mentioned , how is our relationship with feyenoord , I’m lead to believe there was a lot of trouble in 02 ?

There was. I was there, and it was a terror trip.
Absolute animals. Don’t get me wrong there was still a great time to be had but plenty fighting before and during.
Only game I’ve ever been too never left the hotel after it.

There was. I was there, and it was a terror trip.
Absolute animals. Don’t get me wrong there was still a great time to be had but plenty fighting before and during.
Only game I’ve ever been too never left the hotel after it.
Cheers mate I was 3 but quite a geek so have heard about the troubles

It’s a tough group, but it’s tough for all of the teams in it, I think. All of those teams are capable of taking points off one another on their day. We are capable of winning our home games and getting results in Holland and Switzerland. After everything, it’s just good to be in this position anyway, any more progression is a bonus.

Bastard I’m working away for all home games except Young Boys. Home for all the Away fixtures. If only it had came out the other way round :confused:

are we sure these fixtures are correct?

Week 1: Home v Feyenoord (19 Sep, 20:00 KO)
Week 2: Away v Young Boys (3 Oct, 17:55 KO)
Week 3: Away v Porto (24 Oct, 17:55 KO)
Week 4: Home v Porto (7 Nov, 20:00 KO)
Week 5: Away v Feyenoord (28 Nov, 17:55 KO)
Week 6: Home v Young Boys (12 Dec, 20:00 KO)

Are the kick off times accurate? Local times? Ridiculously early. Will miss half of our games.

Good draw, drawing Feyenoord is one to watch off the park and they have a love in with the Tims.

Bookmark it now but their fans will be drinking in all the mentally challenged slop houses that night from tall cranes to brazen ,so be on guard when they arrive

Good draw, drawing Feyenoord is one to watch off the park and they have a love in with the Tims.

Bookmark it now but their fans will be drinking in all the mentally challenged slop houses that night from tall cranes to brazen ,so be on guard when they arrive
I don't think they do. They just sing YNWA.

Back