UEFA Europa League Draw - Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord

Flight & hotel booked for the Porto home game, just need a match ticket now, I did the 3 EL home games last season but can only afford the 1 this season due to us moving home and money being a little tight, I’m happy to buy the 3 match package if it means getting the Porto ticket, I’ll sell the others on.

Superb draw.

We’ll do well to get through - could argue we’ll do well to finish 3rd - but some glamour ties in there.

8 of us just booked up for Amsterdam, Glasgow Wed to Fri.

Hoping someone is running a bus to Rotterdam

What’s your itinerary mate?

I’m working that week but might go down the Sport Options route nearer the time

Sorry mate. Just seen this.

Out of manc 10.40 on Thursday morning. Back to Liverpool 09.30 on Fri.

£160 all in.

Flights were all jumping in price already !

Aberdeen -Amsterdam tue-fri £118 return ........ £306 wed or thursday with friday return

Amsterdam Booked. I’ve got a cousin who lives In Rotterdam so all sorted. On 3 points. Hopefully get a ticket.
Made a free cancellation of a hotel in Porto too, see how cash is closer to the date

Dam booked now too. Thurs - Sat flying out of Newcastle.

Got the KLM flights for £100 there if anyone wants to jump on it.

Last edited:
Haven't been to a game in almost 10 years but booked flights to come home for Xmas months ago. Thought we were arriving on the Thursday 12th of December but it's actually the 13th so chances of getting the last game against the Young boys are gone :confused:

Great draw. Playing proper European teams, I wouldn't have it any other way. Porto have a great European history and will be favourites but if they get complacent they could easily lose to every other team. Feyenoord will be strong at home and Young Boys are Swiss champions. They recorded a win over Juventus last season. Only big performances will see us get out the group. What a test for the team.

A decent group from all points of view. There will be some cracking games and atmospheres and I think we have an outside chance of sneaking through too.

A decent group from all points of view. There will be some cracking games and atmospheres and I think we have an outside chance of sneaking through too.

Good draw, drawing Feyenoord is one to watch off the park and they have a love in with the Tims.

Bookmark it now but their fans will be drinking in all the mentally challenged slop houses that night from tall cranes to brazen ,so be on guard when they arrive
No the won't, my Dutch mates that'll be coming over hate Celtic and have a soft spot for us.

Was also in Rotterdam in 2002 in amongst the animals. Got a few cracks in the jaw first half then managed to get into the Gers end 2nd half. A few bears took tankings in the home end that night. It was like the walking wounded at the concourse at segregation at half time. Police were decent though and let all Rangers fans onto the away section when asked.
no chance we took tankings ffs

Great draw. Playing proper European teams, I wouldn't have it any other way. Porto have a great European history and will be favourites but if they get complacent they could easily lose to every other team. Feyenoord will be strong at home and Young Boys are Swiss champions. They recorded a win over Juventus last season. Only big performances will see us get out the group. What a test for the team.
we have a good record against porto think we can get 2nd at worse imo

Usually I rubbish celtic's special relationship with teams but there definitely is a link between their fans and feyenoords.
Maybe a couple. When I lived over there I soon learned that Feyenoord don't give a %^*& about anyone else. The only "link" is Rotterdams flag is green and white.

Feyenoord’s hooligans are mental. I recall them trying to attack us home and away in 2002 and folk’s buses had missiles thrown at them. 5 years prior to that Feyenoord and Ajax hooligans met at Beverwijk which in between Rotterdam and Amsterdam for a prearranged fight with Ajax’s F-Side and Feyenoord’s S.C.F. What followed was absolutely bedlam, the Feyenoord fans got out their cars/buses on the side of the motorway.

With the majority all full of drugs they headed towards the Ajax hooligans just adjacent to the motorway. Both sets of fans were armed however the Feyenoord hooligans had bats, clubs, knives and hammers.

There were upwards of 200 of them and they went straight into battle with the Ajax hooligans. The F-Side began to receive a lot of injuries due to weapons used and then tried fleeing. The F-Side’s top hooligan Carlo Picorni was struck multiple times in the head with a hammer which ultimately led to his death.

Many of the Ajax hooligans’ vehicles were then torched by the S.C.F. The event is nicknamed the Battle of Beverwijk and occured on the 23rd March 1997.

Here is a video before the battle where Ajax and Feyenoord fans faced off before the Battle of Beverwijk took place at roughly the same area: (recorded by Feyenoord S.C.F Hooligan)

Below is footage capturing the events unfold:

Bring them on

Last edited:
Back