UEFA Europa League Prize Money Breakdown & Distribution

Clubs from big countries split the tv money for that country, ie. more cash for bigger countries.
I get the concept but our games are broadcast across the UK so why aren’t we due it as part of the UK market?
Fairly sure our viewing figures on BT Sport would be comparable or greater than the likes of Leicester.

Your maths is out by €1m, plus we never got €300,000 for beating Galatasaray.

However, you missed the redistributed draw income for the group stage of €167,458 and the 10 year co-efficient award of €1,357,170.

Correct total so far is €10,244,628, plus the Market Pool payment, which will likely be somewhere between €2-2.5m.

Getting to the last 8 will be worth another €1.5m if we manage it.
If we had been allowed fans in we would prob be close to 25 million this season after last 16 which would have been insane

Is this information in the public domain or has BBC Shortbread unearthed another "football finance expert" from the GB ?

No name attributed to the website piece.

Think they might be referring to our forecasts for the season but not sure, anyway such a pathetic piece of journalism.

Unless I am mistaken we are lumped in with English clubs due to the BT deal being UK wide.
I dinner believe so but I certainly would welcome the cash if so.
I get the concept but our games are broadcast across the UK so why aren’t we due it as part of the UK market?
Fairly sure our viewing figures on BT Sport would be comparable or greater than the likes of Leicester.

Scotland gets around 10% of the UK market pool money

I dont think we are lumped with other UK teams, its determined I am sure by countrys and teams from countrys involved.

Are we not entitled to 100% of the market pool as Celtic et al never got by the group stage and we are the only reps of Scotland now.

Scotland gets around 10% of the UK market pool money

Do we get the full market pool for Scotland as Celtic never made it by the group stage?

Market pool (€168m)
The estimated available amount of €168m will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Europa League (group stage onwards). The different market shares will be split among the clubs participating from a given association.

The various amounts distributed from the market pool on a club-by-club basis depend on five factors:

1) the actual final amount in the market pool
2) the composition of the field of clubs participating in the 2019/20 UEFA Europa League
3) the number of clubs from any given association competing in the 2019/20 UEFA Europa League
4) the results of each competing club in the previous season's domestic competitions
5) the performance of each club in the 2019/20 UEFA Europa League

Roughly how much have we missed out on in gate receipts?

3 qualifiers, 3 group stage matches and last 32 so far

for games now on yes

my earlier post for 2018/19 how it split when 2 teams are involved
so are we likely to receive all of Scotland's share for season 20/21?

And is the country market pool fluctuating so figures can be accounted for exactly.

When you say 10% for UK is that set due to population or exact viewing figures.

Under SG it will be interesting what prize money Rangers and Celtic have generated in total (Over 3 years). Bearing in mind Celtic have had 3 cracks of the Champion League riches.

Maybe something a true Sport reporter could look into.
A true sports reporter in Scotland?. More chance of seeing Nessie.

Got the RTV money to add for the qualifiers as well. Just a shame no ticket or hospitality money coming in from the run again this season that's 8 home games worth now.

5 home games so far mate, not 8.

Galatasaray
Liege
Poznan
Benfica
Antwerp

so are we likely to receive all of Scotland's share for season 20/21?

And is the country market pool fluctuating so figures can be accounted for exactly.

When you say 10% for UK is that set due to population or exact viewing figures.
Not is shared only way we have 100% if only team in it

Say UEFA give €30m then €3m will come to Scotland providing there is a team/s involved

Complex nature of England, Scotland Northern Ireland & Wales for footballing reason against a UK broadcaster

2018/19

Arsenal €18,504,037
Chelsea €21,832,037
Rangers €1,090,064
Celtic €1,875,895

@rangeral

Am I right in thinking

Group stage onwards 32 teams - 5 UK teams involved = > UK entitled to a pot of $168m / 5 => $33.6m

Then you say Scotland is 10% => $3.36m

Then we get a percentage of this pot?

Germany and France being out of the competition may well bump our TV pool upfrom this round on.

@rangeral

Am I right in thinking

Group stage onwards 32 teams - 5 UK teams involved = > UK entitled to a pot of $168m / 5 => $33.6m

Then you say Scotland is 10% => $3.36m

done that wrong

Am I right in thinking

Group stage onwards 32 teams - 5 UK teams involved = > UK entitled to a pot of $168m /32 * 5 => $26.25m

Then you say Scotland is 10% => $2.62m

done that wrong

Am I right in thinking

Group stage onwards 32 teams - 5 UK teams involved = > UK entitled to a pot of $168m /32 * 5 => $26.25m

Then you say Scotland is 10% => $2.62m

€168m is the total but it halved

16% for last 16 = €13.4m then that is shared I think

Im only getting 5.3m euros or £4.5m so far, how are you all getting £10m when it says the winners could walk away with around £12m

According to this we only have 3 million Euros more than Celtic so far, thought it would be a bigger gap. That doesn't include TV money though. Hopefully we can progress and add another 1.5 million to that.

That is the breakdown of they income from UEFA their 10 year coefficient payment is higher than us

€168m is the total but it halved

16% for last 16 = €13.4m then that is shared I think

Market pool (€168m)
The estimated available amount of €168m will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Europa League (group stage onwards). The different market shares will be split among the clubs participating from a given association.

Half of the global market pool (€84m) will be split into as many shares as there are national associations represented by at least one club in the group stage. Each share, proportional to the value of the relevant media rights market, will be divided among the clubs based on their performance in the previous season's domestic competitions. The following split will apply among the clubs from any given association.

5 teams4 teams3 teams2 teams1 team
Cup winners30%40%40%60%100%
Team 217.5%20%30%40%100%
Team 317.5%20%30%
Team 417.5%20%
Team 517.5%

• If the domestic cup winner does not qualify for the UEFA Europa League group stage, the market pool distribution will be split equally among all the participating clubs from the relevant national association.
• Domestic cup winners eliminated in the UEFA Champions League qualifying rounds and moving to the UEFA Europa League will be considered as cup winners as far as the distribution plan is concerned.

The other half of the market pool (€84m) will be split into as many shares as there are rounds in the competition, as follows:
• group stage (40%) €33.6m
• round of 32 (20%) €16.8m
• round of 16 (16%) €13.4m
• quarter-finals (12%) €10.1m
• semi-finals (8%) €6.7m
• final (4%) €3.4m

Each of the above shares will be split into as many parts as there are national associations represented by at least one club in the round concerned, proportional to the value of the relevant media rights markets. Each national association share will be split equally among all the clubs participating in that round from a given national association.

The various amounts distributed from the market pool on a club-by-club basis can only be confirmed once all the contracts have been finalised and not before the end of the competition, since the exact amount for each club depends on five factors:

2) the composition of the field of clubs participating in the 2019/20 UEFA Europa League
3) the number of clubs from any given association competing in the 2019/20 UEFA Europa League
4) the results of each competing club in the previous season's domestic competitions

ps as soon as someone work this out let me know.

Your maths is out by €1m, plus we never got €300,000 for beating Galatasaray.

However, you missed the redistributed draw income for the group stage of €167,458 and the 10 year co-efficient award of €1,357,170.

Correct total so far is €10,244,628, plus the Market Pool payment, which will likely be somewhere between €2-2.5m.

Getting to the last 8 will be worth another €1.5m if we manage it.
The way I read it it will be more than that. Our income from the market pool appears to go up with every round we qualify as we are sole representatives in Scotland. There are splits of the pots assigned to each round and split by the amount of countries represented. From what I remember it's about €16m euros for each of the Rounds of 32 and 16. I make it an extra 750k-€1m each round for us for those two rounds alone.

Market pool (€168m)

Half of the global market pool (€84m) will be split into as many shares as there are national associations represented by at least one club in the group stage. Each share, proportional to the value of the relevant media rights market, will be divided among the clubs based on their performance in the previous season's domestic competitions. The following split will apply among the clubs from any given association.

5 teams4 teams3 teams2 teams1 team
Cup winners30%40%40%60%100%
Team 217.5%20%30%40%100%
Team 317.5%20%30%
Team 417.5%20%
Team 517.5%

• If the domestic cup winner does not qualify for the UEFA Europa League group stage, the market pool distribution will be split equally among all the participating clubs from the relevant national association.
• Domestic cup winners eliminated in the UEFA Champions League qualifying rounds and moving to the UEFA Europa League will be considered as cup winners as far as the distribution plan is concerned.

The other half of the market pool (€84m) will be split into as many shares as there are rounds in the competition, as follows:
• group stage (40%) €33.6m
• round of 32 (20%) €16.8m
• round of 16 (16%) €13.4m
• quarter-finals (12%) €10.1m
• semi-finals (8%) €6.7m
• final (4%) €3.4m

Each of the above shares will be split into as many parts as there are national associations represented by at least one club in the round concerned, proportional to the value of the relevant media rights markets. Each national association share will be split equally among all the clubs participating in that round from a given national association.

The various amounts distributed from the market pool on a club-by-club basis can only be confirmed once all the contracts have been finalised and not before the end of the competition, since the exact amount for each club depends on five factors:

ps as soon as someone work this out let me know.
This guy's found it

The tv market payment is a disgrace. Fans watch games all across the continent and it takes two sides to play a game. It should be a flat fee by round.

"It takes two sides to play a game". That is why we should share the gate receipts for SPFL games. I know the other clubs kicked us when we were down but this is the only way to bring back competition and save the game in Scotland.

"It takes two sides to play a game". That is why we should share the gate receipts for SPFL games. I know the other clubs kicked us when we were down but this is the only way to bring back competition and save the game in Scotland.
Whilst I get your argument, these sides tried to kill us. Fûck them.

Some 'mental' arithmetic going on here.:)

We got to this stage last season and, according to our Annual Report, that added £20.7m to our turnover. Not our profit, but our turnover. That would have included gate receipts from all the home matches which, obviously, we won't have this season.

This season the prize money will be roughly the same but we will not have those gate receipts. Call it £1m a match in income (average), it might even be more, and I'd guess turnover from EL this season for last 16 will be circa £12m. Again, that's added to turnover, not to profit.

we also get co efficient prize money

Coefficient ranking (€84m)
On the basis of the new ten-year ranking, a ranking table has been established and the total amount of €84m has been divided into 'coefficient shares', each worth €71,430. The lowest-ranked team will receive one share (€71,430). One share will be added to every rank and so the highest-ranked team will receive 48 shares (€3.42m).

The money the club has earned the last 3 seasons in Europe has been superb. Can thank the manager and players enough.
Probably already been said (can't be arse scrolling) but without it they'll be winning 10 this year.

The difference in player quality is night and day from when Gerrard arrived.

Magical

Some 'mental' arithmetic going on here.:)

We got to this stage last season and, according to our Annual Report, that added £20.7m to our turnover. Not our profit, but our turnover. That would have included gate receipts from all the home matches which, obviously, we won't have this season.

This season the prize money will be roughly the same but we will not have those gate receipts. Call it £1m a match in income (average), it might even be more, and I'd guess turnover from EL this season for last 16 will be circa £12m. Again, that's added to turnover, not to profit.
Group stage should bring us in around €2m more this season than last season, due to an extra 2 wins @ €570k and a €1m bonus for wining group.

Whilst I get your argument, these sides tried to kill us. Fûck them.

I understand and I know we're still fighting to recover financially but Scottish football is one of the least competitive in the world.

This is for another day. Lets just hope we can continue to do well in europe and get our finances back to where they need to be for now.

The Europa money is certainly very important to us but almost as important is the visibility success gives us on the bigger stage. The effect on the value of the playing squad and the boost it gives us with potential investors and domestic advertising, sponsorship and merchandising should not be underestimated.

It is becoming very clear that the surge in investment is associated with a strategy of qualifying for the Champions League group stages. We know that there can be a pot of gold (or at least silver) at the end of that rainbow but that it can be a precarious strategy if we don't qualify. So I have to believe that one of Ross Wilson's long term projects is to identify Stevie G's replacement as and when needed.

My understanding, from what little clear information can be found online, is that Scottish clubs get 10% of the UK tv pool. The last time the mentally challengeds got into the Champions League group stages, they netted 15.4 million from TV money alone because there was no other Scottish clubs with which to split it.

Whilst the Yahoos earned 15.4 for the group stage tv pool in that particular year, Liverpool only received 6.4m. This was because the English share was divided by 4 teams and Liverpool, having finished 4th in the premier league the season prior, only got 10% of that.

It's difficult to work out how this then translates to the Europa league. Two things that are certain however are that it is a hell of a lot less and that being in the last 32 and now the last 16 means we get the lot for those rounds.

The market pool for the Champions league is estimated to be 292m whilst the Europa league is 168m. But given there are other factors, one being the the Europa league starts with 48 teams and the Champions League starts with 32, it's not easy to get any concrete figures.

[url=https://postimg.cc/JyyVshst][/URL]

Link for picture

Surely we merit more TV money than fucking Leicester?

No way they are getting more eyes than us!?

Back