Uefa halt investigation into Neuer over LGBTQ+ armband

So much for the game being none political.
As long as it's the correct politics, it's ok.
I have no issue Neuer showing his support btw.
Can just see down the tracks so done else wants to highlight or support an issue, and they will get fined for it.
Either everything goes, or nothing does.

Last edited:
Well done to Neuer. Only real cases of top footballers coming out as gay are after they’ve stopped playing. There’s clearly still an issue there.

They should be, but how many hundreds if not thousands of players are there that are gay, but are living in a state of fear that someone will find out and it turns into abuse at games, abuse online, loss of commercial contracts etc?

Fact is someone will step up and come out as being gay, and it will resonate with the countless other gay footballers and hopefully allow them to live their life as they want and without fear of abuse.

I look forward to that day, and if wearing a rainbow armband or rainbow laces increases the chance of that happening, then it has all been worthwhile.
I don't agree! Anyone coming out now is congratulated, sympathise with etcetera. Barely anyone really cares about what someone's sexuality these edays. Now 50 years ago you would d have had a point but why when things have never been fairer for all are we tearing ourselves apart over all this stuff. Ps. I don't understand why so many in the public eye feel the need to signal their virtues to everyone.
What would you think if we had a footballer wearing a t shirt that said "Save White girls from Grooming gangs" I think that would be seen as wrongthink by the authorities and the player in question would likely be labelled a racist or hater and might well have to go into hiding.

All gestures like this should be kept off the field of play-I only pay to watch them play- not to lecture me on what I should think.

I don't agree! Anyone coming out now is congratulated, sympathise with etcetera. Barely anyone really cares about what someone's sexuality these edays. Now 50 years ago you would d have had a point but why when things have never been fairer for all are we tearing ourselves apart over all this stuff. Ps. I don't understand why so many in the public eye feel the need to signal their virtues to everyone.
What would you think if we had a footballer wearing a t shirt that said "Save White girls from Grooming gangs" I think that would be seen as wrongthink by the authorities and the player in question would likely be labelled a racist or hater and might well have to go into hiding.

All gestures like this should be kept off the field of play-I only pay to watch them play- not to lecture me on what I should think.
It's the same at music gigs. The frontman seems to think you are there to listen to him lecture you about his politics between songs.
Naw mate, sing the songs or gtf

So much for the game being none political.
As long as it's the correct politics, it's ok.
How is being gay political? What are the gay and non-gay political parties? Just so you can clear it up for everyone.

I hope your enjoyment of the game hasn't been *totally* ruined by someone having a symbol to show that sexual orientation shouldn't matter.

If you think an active professional footballer coming out as being gay, and breaking down the barriers for the countless other gay footballers who live in fear of being found out is virtue signalling, then I don’t know what else to say to you.

Along with that, I’m glad you managed to shoe horn in grooming gangs as if it had some sort of relevance.

You obviously
How is being gay political? What are the gay and non-gay political parties? Just so you can clear it up for everyone.

I hope your enjoyment of the game hasn't been *totally* ruined by someone having a symbol to show that sexual orientation shouldn't matter.
didnt read my post below my original.
Although, are you seriously telling me gay rights has not been massively politicised? There are no gay political parties but there is a militant wing to the gay rights movement- undeniably so.

You obviously

didnt read my post below my original.
Although, are you seriously telling me gay rights has not been massively politicised? There are no gay political parties but there is a militant wing to the gay rights movement- undeniably so.

If people weren’t homophobic or discriminate on sexual orientation, if gay folk didn’t get verbally abused or worse physically assaulted then maybe they wouldn’t need a “militant wing”. And by that I’m guessing you mean people who actually campaign for equality.

Posters on FF: keep politics out of football

Also posters on FF: snp voters shouldn’t be welcome at Ibrox.

:)

Last edited:
If people weren’t homophobic or discriminate on sexual orientation, if gay folk didn’t get verbally abused or worse physically assaulted then maybe they wouldn’t need a “militant wing”. And by that I’m guessing you mean people who actually campaign for equality.

Posters on FF: keep politics out of football

Also posters on FF: snp voters shouldn’t be welcome at Ibrox.

:)
I wouldnt disagree with anything you said there. it just confirms my point that it has been politicised.

Back