UEFA order us to close a stand against Legia

Not surprised this has happened to be honest , yes we know FARE are bitter bastards but dont give them the ammunition,i dont want to go to rangers games and hear about the volunteers of the UVF coming down the road or the IRA or bobby f***ing sands ffs can we just stop singing the songs ,now decent fans will prob miss out on a big game because of arseholes in our support and also yes the UB create an atmosphere but they need to tone it down with certain songs they seem to think they are better than any other fan because they sing and jump about waving flags ,politics and religion have no place in football and no place in Ibrox

the UB have ramped up that songbook recently
couple of home games its all thats been sung for most of the 1st half

they were the group that "spat the dummy out" last season due to supposed reluctance to give them what they wanted
and now they have financially & reputationally damaged our club

at the least they need a public apology to us

Forget about the whataboutery, we have been told time and time again not to sing TBB,but no the halfwits still want to sing it and no what they now got us hard, I do hope my ticket I have is not in the part of the ground that will close?...Some of our fans are dumb really phuckin dumb and they are only hurting the club they profess to love..phuckin idiots !!
It is fecking stupid putting ourselves in this position,harsh as the punishment seems we have had enough warnings about it.

Where will the section be that's closed?
The obvious choice would be a section of the club deck but maybe it might be either side of the legia fans as the seats we would lose through segregation could be included in the 3000.

Either way some fans are going to have to miss out due to no fault of their own.

How is it nonsense? It is US who have been charged. US who have the closed section of the stand and US who lose out.

We can't constantly be looking around blaming everyone else. Its childish if nothing else.

Its not childish. Its about justice. You're playing right into their hands.

Hopefully good can come from this & it’s actually a wake up call that puts an end to all songs about the uvf,Bobby sands and any other shite that’s not about rangers.
The club should start by having a word with the singing section and the wee guy with the megaphone,rangers songs only.
Ps look at all the triumphs we’ve had & we have steven Gerrard leading us yet the fans sing about Carson & Bobby fucking sands!!!!
I actually think it’s a riddy that stevie Gerrard is standing there and that drivel is being spouted.

Last edited:
it needs to be an entire section of at least 3000 seats, somewhere they can put there stupid banner
If needs to be a section shut the club deck, which isn’t as visible in the stadium , and shouldn’t affect the atmosphere as much , and they can put there UEFA banner up there for no one to see

I've just read the Rangers statement again and I think some are getting confused by the use of the term 'racist behaviour'. Looking at that differently I think what Rangers are saying is that UEFA deem sectarian singing to be 'racist behaviour'. UEFA are wrong to do so but I think that's what Rangers are actually saying in their statement rather than suggesting racist behaviour took place.

UEFA has ruled that a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on July 18.

The club needs a two pronged attack. Start a consultation with fans to agree on a songbook AND start fighting back over the double standards.
The do everything the can to discredit us, we should be using every blogger, fans group, individuals to launch concerted and relentless attacks on those who chose to bring us down. Call them out, complain in thousands, it works. Republicans used it for years

The daily record now stating a stand may be closed because of singing vs St Joes

It’s time out club demand to know why FARE want to be at every gers game

Ask why our media refused to mention the Ira songs at Motherwell

Ask why the media have refused to mention the bottles being thrown at the cluj players

Asks why the media can report us vs killie and st joes??

This is all in the opening weeks of the season whilst the biggest sporting sexual abuse scandal is happening under their noses and the stay quiet .

Dignified silence and statements don’t work.

Ban the lot of the sh.ite media from Ibrox ask through freedom of information act to see the games FARE cover and tell UEFA that FARE are not welcome as they continually target Rangers

Enough is enough
Rangers need to grow a set of balls and turn their fire directly on the Paedo scum. I don’t give a fuuck if it upsets them, the battle lines are now firmly drawn.

Those bast@rds get away with murder every time they play and we, despite all the efforts to clean up our songbook and behaviour, get hit with this.

No fuucking chance.

Get your fuucking finger out Rangers and do what the joker is asking. These questions need to be asked and the motivations of the scum and UEFA need brought out into the open.

No it’s an observation. We are seeing a section of the stadium closed for singing a song. I don’t think the singing of said song should be happening however why is the punishment more severe that that dished out to those setting off flares, throwing object at players and officials?

because under their rules, its deemed as Racism and a worse offence.

A first offence for racism is a partial closure

Time to ramp up next old firm!!
BIG JOCK KNEW!!
Glasgow Celtic paedphiles!!
That’s not a huddle it’s a paedophile ring!!
Paedos!! Paedos!!
Let everyone no vile club they are!!
Banners the lot at goven front so all can see!!
Fed up way it we ve always to be the quiet ones!!!

It’s not rocket science is it?

Clearly the people signing the songs are to blame. But the club are culpable. They have failed to take the lead on this.

I’ve not understood the everyone anyone campaign. To me it was happy clappy, fluffy nonsense with no substance.

It didn’t sort out the root cause of what they are trying to tackle. Did they think by releasing this campaign the fans who sing about bobby sands, the pope, the Ira etc etc would stop.

All it takes it a few folk to sing it and you can see people all over thinking, well they can’t do us all. Well, we should.

That’s how we promote anyone everyone. We demand the behaviour that encourages it. And if you can’t comply. Stay at home and sing about the Ira to your tv
I think Everyone Anyone was so that it can't be said that the club didn't do anything publicly. Especially because of the ramping up of the strict liability calls from Dornan, Stewart etc.

I also think that was the polite warning to the fan base - we want Ibrox to be inclusive to all, here's the programme, get with it. Now? I'm expecting season tickets being withdrawn and people being told they are no longer welcome to be the end result.

For me it's simple it has to stop. I support a lot of the songs in question but there's plenty of time for them at band dos or sitting in your garden during the marching season. If they say singing them is going to damage rangers via fine or cutting allocations then it's a a no brainer if you love your club.

78041189cf6fcf9f150517bbea63312a6b5a85642918ef682411af921335af53b1aeca42.jpg

Article 14 states that this is the punishment.

Do it again next Thursday and we have a stadium closure.

So that’s effectively a 1million pounds fine.

Thats what annoys me. When its sung -my take is -19th Century Terrorist is referencing an Irish, republican supporting person who detests the British state. Which id accurate IMO.

I think its crazy how this has been slanted as "Sectarian"... on sky sports news it mentions "guilty of racism - which includeds sectarian chanting".. never knew 19th Century Terrorist was a race?

I know people say dont sing these songs etc and that itll get us in trouble and I understand why but I think we need someone to defend us and our right to sing TBB etc. What happened to Freedom of Speech?

This might not be a popular opinion but that my 2 cents on the issue.

You'll wait a long time for anyone inside Ibrox putting their head above the parapet.

I hope this is the last debate stop singing sectarian songs at games it’s embarrassing cringe worthy crap some people think it’s their birthright to sing these songs it’s over consign it to the past along with yourself if you can’t sit at home and sing all you want your hurting and embarrassing Rangers time to think and stop

Seems to me that we are needlessly shooting ourselves in the foot.

I'm going to be a bit un PC here and admit I really like a lot of the loyalist songs, Fathers advice, No1 Platoon anded so on.

However, I genuinely don't remember them being sung on the terraces in the 70's. I went all the way to Barcelona on a bus and didn't hear these songs.

We sang The Sash (with the add on)
We sang Derrys Walls, with no add ons to the traditional tune and to Amazing Grace.
We sang TBB.
We sang Born under a Union Jack.

Every other song we sang was about the players and the team, Follow Follow with no add ons, Colin Stein, Willie Johnston, Alfie Conn, Derek Parlane, Sandy Jardine, Tommy McClean and others all had songs.

If we focus on what we really like/love, Rangers, and sing about our team with no mention of the pope, or 19th Century Terrorists how can anyone criticise us?

I see no reason that we cannot eliminate the word 19th Century Terrorist from every song, I see no reason to ever mention the pope.

Truth be known, maybe I am a 64 year old dinosaur but I never saw the harm in words at a football match, and, I might not want to sing some of them but I'm pissed that some are denied the right to do so. However, it's reached the stage that signing these few words is going to do untold harm to our club, our brand and our future.

So, now the hard bit, how do we actually stop it? How do we unite behind a song book that reflects things that are important to many thousands of fans without giving our enemies the power and ammunition they crave.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt also.

My understanding is Build My Gallows was the song that cost us last time.

My point being its not JUST TBB but that's the problem.

WE DONT KNOW WHAT IS AND ISNT ALLOWED.

I apologise if I came across in the wrong tone. I'm just sick of seeing our club and fans being punished for this time and time again and my frustration probably shows in my response.

I accept in some cases there's a need to ask what it was that caused the issue, to help make sure we stop it. As I suggested in my other reply the day the club gets pulled up for a song like blue sea of Ibrox for example then serious questions would need asked.

However there are still fans who follow our club who know exactly what they're signing and couldn't care less about the impact on the club.

If you're rangers fans who is singing a song that you know could cause an issue but through sheer stubbornness you persist anyway then you're a detriment to the club. These are the kind of people my frustration was aimed at.

a lot of you wasting time and energy on convincing the uber staunch to change.
they will sing what they like and use whataboutery as the reason to do so.
sad pricks stuck in the past harming the reputation of club and fans alike, well done, your uber staunch prodness is welcomed by NONE!

because under their rules, its deemed as Racism and a worse offence.

A first offence for racism is a partial closure
So what is hun bast@rds n orange bast@rds deemed to be!!
It seems in today’s society it fine!!
Really boils my piss that it’s not as bad when it’s aimed at Protestants but wen it aim at caflics ooohh by god it so offensive someone anyone must pay!!!

Whether people like it or not, this is not going to go backwards, and it is not going to go away.

The fines from UEFA will only get bigger, financially and closures will only get worse, and when people are seeing it from European football, and as we get closer to winning the league, docking us points/closing stands/fines will become more attractive to the Scottish authorities.

There is one solution and only one solution and that is for the fans to take responsibility.

I was there in the enclosure as a teenager and sang all songs, but that time has gone. These songs have no place anymore. And if we are not sure if it is acceptable or not, then take no chances.

Those asking for the club to show leadership will have to accept that the club have, just not in the direction that some people want them to. The club do not want this baggage, it is now affecting us directly. It cannot continue.

I apologise if I came across in the wrong tone. I'm just sick of seeing our club and fans being punished for this time and time again and my frustration probably shows in my response.

I accept in some cases there's a need to ask what it was that caused the issue, to help make sure we stop it. As I suggested in my other reply the day the club gets pulled up for a song like blue sea of Ibrox for example then serious questions would need asked.

However there are still fans who follow our club who know exactly what they're signing and couldn't care less about the impact on the club.

If you're rangers fans who is singing a song that you know could cause an issue but through sheer stubbornness you persist anyway then you're a detriment to the club. These are the kind of people my frustration was aimed at.

I hear you but part of thr problem is we dont know what songs "offend" though Id hazard a guess they all do.

FF for example offended Gerry McNee because it mentions Dublin. Rangers need to clarify the situation and get UEFA to agree. Not easy now with Liewell joining them.

Whether people like it or not, this is not going to go backwards, and it is not going to go away.

The fines from UEFA will only get bigger, financially and closures will only get worse, and when people are seeing it from European football, and as we get closer to winning the league, docking us points/closing stands/fines will become more attractive to the Scottish authorities.

There is one solution and only one solution and that is for the fans to take responsibility.

I was there in the enclosure as a teenager and sang all songs, but that time has gone. These songs have no place anymore. And if we are not sure if it is acceptable or not, then take no chances.

Those asking for the club to show leadership will have to accept that the club have, just not in the direction that some people want them to. The club do not want this baggage, it is now affecting us directly. It cannot continue.

So tell us specifically what we can and cant sing? Be specific.

all the what about them, their offence, their songbook

we're in a blue car doing 100 in a 30 zone AGAIN

are people expecting the defence to be "there was a green car alongside me doing 100 as well"

we were warned back them
we are warned before every Euro game
the idiots ignored it

Warned what though? Don't sectarian sing? bit vague no? what constitues as sectairian to some doesnt to others.

19th Century Terrorist has never meant catholic to me, the first time I considered it that way was when TBB was being banned.

I hear you but part of thr problem is we dont know what songs "offend" though Id hazard a guess they all do.

FF for example offended Gerry McNee because it mentions Dublin. Rangers need to clarify the situation and get UEFA to agree. Not easy now with Liewell joining them.

McNee had/has nothing to do with UEFA policy
TBB was banned by UEFA, we were warned not to sing it - for years we didn't - now the idiots do

Nothing which references anything to do with any religion.

Nothing which references any group which is / became a military or paramilitary group, or anyone who served in them.

Nothing which references politics.

Anything which is ambiguous in relation to the above - for example '19th Century Terrorist', which to us refers to the Irish Nationalists and their sympathisers but is widely perceived as meaning Roman Catholic.

It's time to let it all go.

We have an organised catholic mafia in this country conspiring against us on all fronts, damaging our club and our brand. And our club does nothing about it. As long as this status quo remains, we will continue to be Celtic’s gimps.

Why? 30 years ago you could have sung Simply The Best until fans added phrases in, now it is not acceptable. As I said, if you’re not sure, don’t sing it. Stay away from anything relating to 19th Century Terrorist, Pope, Catholic, Nuns, Priests, rosary beads, etc, would be my advice.

If you want to sing the ‘alternative’ words to it then you can’t even sing Follow Follow anymore. A section of our support’s obsession about the pope is inexplicable.

When you have only 21k ST holders buying a ticket for European games there in lies the problem. Another 20k idiots who don't go every week and behave like fuckin skulls doesn't help. I genuinely think we are incapable of change.

In your opinion, which sadly for you, I don't give a fück about.

Well done on your 2nd ever post btw.
yes of course its only my opinion where as your post was total incorrect made up bullshit.
thats 4 posts now since youre so interested, i might even make it 5 since youre no doubt going to hit us with another little nugget of pure fantasy.

Once again a nice sentiment but unless you're more specific it wont make any difference.

As an example tell me which of these are in or out.

Derrys Walls proper words

Derry Walls with addons.

The Sash.

FF mentioning Dublin

Build My Gallows.

Super Rangers

WATP

Rule Britannia

God Save thr Queen

Green Grassy Slopes of the Boyne

Daddys Uniform

We Spot in Europe

Have You Seen the Glasgow Rangers

The Blue Flag

Etc etc etc

If you must sing songs that are not strictly Rangers songs then if there are no lyrics saying fxxk this guy or this group or calling this person or group of people bastards or talking about harming or killing certain people or groups then you have a strong case for saying it is not offensive. Put it this way if it is not OK to sing it at your work then keep it away from Ibrox.

Sing songs of celebration and promotion. Sing positively.

Tell u what send the lyrics of all those songs to UEFA ethics committee and ask them. A bit.of common sense though should point u in the right direction

Sorry but I grew up and love the billy boys I won’t stop singing it because of a couple words in the whole song! What I will do is change those couple of wee words so the delicate wee flowers in today’s society don’t get offended!!

yes of course its only my opinion where as your post was total incorrect made up bullshit.
thats 4 posts now since youre so interested, i might even make it 5 since youre no doubt going to hit us with another little nugget of pure fantasy.

It really wasn't. It was taken from the racial classifications of 20th century anthropologist Coon.

No doubt you are more informed on the subject than he was!

This is how it works.

If our enemies dont like any of our songs they simply claim they're sectarian or racist.

The club give out a general statement pleading with fans to refrain from singing certain songs but they're not specific.

Celtic continue to sing all sorts of hate filled songs glorifying terrorism and the press and authorities ignore them.

Our fans react to the double standards and we get crucified.

Same thing happened in NI with the IRA.

The ONLY solution is for the club to start talking to fans and show some leadership.

I had hoped the SLO could be a catalyst for this.
Well said sir.

Time to ramp up next old firm!!
BIG JOCK KNEW!!
Glasgow Celtic paedphiles!!
That’s not a huddle it’s a paedophile ring!!
Paedos!! Paedos!!
Let everyone no vile club they are!!
Banners the lot at goven front so all can see!!
Fed up way it we ve always to be the quiet ones!!!

Or we could sing about our club, our players and our history. Leave the obsessing to them, am sick of hearing us singing about that mob or dead terrorists . If Northern Ireland fans can do it why can’t we?

Back