UEFA update

I can almost hear the lawyers rubbing their hands together thinking of all the footballers they will represent if they are forced away from families or players are injured after being forced to play matches where their contracts have run out, or if an individual catches corona if forced to play in one of these matches. Lots of potential lawsuits waiting to happen!

Did Juventus not intimate that they would not accept being handed the Championship?

I'm sure it was quote (or tweet) from a supporters spokesman saying that if Juventus were awarded the title then they should refuse it, and the Juventus Chairman agreed.

They want to win it fair and square or not at all.

another thought is football is supposed to be for the fans

what good is playing mini tournaments or games behind closed doors yet again normal paying fans are getting shafted

also making footballers all live together and not go home until the games are played is one of the craziest suggestions i have heard
Sadly, the days of football being for the fans are long gone. It's all about cash. Nothing else matters. Not the integrity of the sport. Not the integrity of the competition. Not the welfare of the players. And least of all, the fans.

Uefa just plodding on as if players don’t have contracts in place/running out and will want to move on etc etc. So many permutations with this issue

It seems they are just ignoring the biggest elephant in the room .

Sadly, the days of football being for the fans are long gone. It's all about cash. Nothing else matters. Not the integrity of the sport. Not the integrity of the competition. Not the welfare of the players. And least of all, the fans.

Nailed it.

It’s now got to the stage where if there were no Rangers I’d never watch another football match.

I despise those money grabbing pluckers that are ruining the game with their greed.

The fans pockets don’t seem to matter just the TV companies and FA’s.
Global pandemic, ach when all the dead are forgotten about we will all be watching Sky Sports.
Unbelievable.

Treatment of players is akin to slavery

No contact with their families for months FFS to force games to be played

Who is going to agree to that?

Alfie’s wife is due to give birth and UEFA expect players to stay away for months to get the 2019/20 league campaign completed

Also what about the unfinished CL and EL games for this season ?

Then the qualifiers as a one off game - do they think this new approach is fair !!

Money is driving the options

The world is at war against this virus and UEFA are not giving a phuck about players, fans or sporting integrity

Looks like it could be a couple of years before we get back to anything like a normal season of football. Throw in Qatar world cup on top of that too...

Seen on Twitter earlier there has been a massive backlash in England over FA plan to nil and void the lower leagues. Clubs not having it.

It's all absolutely mental when you take into consideration people are dying in their hundreds by the day. And all most of these suits can think of is money... and the ones in their court suits, tainted titles.

If there’s one thing this horrible pandemic has showed it’s that the folk who run football have proved more than ever that they really are a bunch of cold hearted money grabbing bastards who’ve lost all sense of what football means to the normal guy who goes every week
Most of who have been laid off and under what amounts to house arrest yet their only thoughts are of how to satisfy the needs of TV companies

As I said yesterday morning, Uefa can meet and come up with as many plans as they like (they need to try of course) but at the end of the day, each countries government will decide when football is played, not Uefa, as important as they believe themselves to be.

UEFA has invited the general secretaries of its 55 members associations to a videoconference on Wednesday 1 April at midday to share an update on the progress made by the two working groups that were created two weeks ago and to discuss options identified with regards to the potential rescheduling of matches.

The meeting will look at developments across all UEFA national team and club competitions, as well as discussing progress at FIFA and European level on matters such as player contracts and the transfer system.

But Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin has suggested that it could also be possible to wait until August to complete their existing competitions.

Ceferin told Italian paper La Repubblica: "There is the possibility of ending this season at the start of the next, which would then be delayed and begin later."
Next season could be 'shortened' by making qualifying and knockout matches one-legged rather than two, or by altering the qualification formula in some other way.

English PFA chief Gordon Taylor has backed the plans.

He said: "I don’t see why there should not be a flexible approach by everyone to finish this season in the proper manner no matter how long it takes.

"Domestically there is a lot of money at stake which would have a massive impact for the game — we’re talking about three-quarters of a billion pounds in TV money."

While pushing the Uefa deadline back could mean more chance for domestic leagues being played to a finish, another radical proposal which has emerged today is banning Premier League stars from going home and forcing them to live together so football can kick off again behind closed doors in June.

That could see the squads of all 20 teams staying at separate locations — with no chance of going home to their families — until the season is finally over.

Keeping a team isolated as a unit would make it easier to prevent Covid-19 from spreading.

Matches could either be played on the normal schedule or in mini-tournaments in one location, such as the FA's St George's Park training base.
Domestically there is a lot of money at stake which would have a massive impact for the game — we’re talking about three-quarters of a billion pounds in TV money."

That is the reason it will never be voided

Null and void isn’t happening is it? Sooner we deal with that the better.

Next season ain’t starting until this one is complete, by hook or by crook, this season is being played out to a conclusion.

Contracts and cash flow will scupper this season at some point. It will not be possible for teams to complete the current season with the players they had at the end of January. Some players will be out of contract and not receiving any wages, they will want to move on. Imo consideration will need to be given to opening the transfer window early to allow clubs to raise cash from player sales.

Either of these circumstances will kill the integrity of competitions and should lead to null and void.

Contracts and cash flow will scupper this season at some point. It will not be possible for teams to complete the current season with the players they had at the end of January. Some players will be out of contract and not receiving any wages, they will want to move on. Imo consideration will need to be given to opening the transfer window early to allow clubs to raise cash from player sales.

Either of these circumstances will kill the integrity of competitions and should lead to null and void.

Extensions and temporary deals will be used to cover any expired contracts, this has already been spoken about, I’m sure the powers that be will be ultra flexible when it comes to this.

It is obviously completely unprecedented what we are going through, they will complete this current season though at some point, I’m fairly sure of that.

Seen on Twitter earlier there has been a massive backlash in England over FA plan to nil and void the lower leagues. Clubs not having it.
why do people think these leagues will null and void when their is hope ?
lower leagues in england are not important as the major hitters of english football

i agree with Kane's comments but football is a money hungry machine

Treatment of players is akin to slavery

No contact with their families for months FFS to force games to be played

Who is going to agree to that?

Alfie’s wife is due to give birth and UEFA expect players to stay away for months to get the 2019/20 league campaign completed

Also what about the unfinished CL and EL games for this season ?

Then the qualifiers as a one off game - do they think this new approach is fair !!

Money is driving the options

The world is at war against this virus and UEFA are not giving a phuck about players, fans or sporting integrity
I genuinely cant see any government allowing this to happen if social distancing is still in place, you cant tell a brickie to stay at home to prevent the spread of C19 yet tell a footballer its ok to carry on. Football is not an essential job.

Extensions and temporary deals will be used to cover any expired contracts, this has already been spoken about, I’m sure the powers that be will be ultra flexible when it comes to this.

It is obviously completely unprecedented what we are going through, they will complete this current season though at some point, I’m fairly sure of that.

It can be spoken about but will have no legal standing. Players will be under no legal obligation to extend their contracts. They maybe able to move, get a signing on fee and higher wages. Individual players may just decide to move on. Some clubs will have extreme cash flow pressures and may need to sell or let players out of contract leave because they can’t afford the wages. Clubs and or national associations cannot dictate to employees who have no contractural obligations to fulfill.

It can be spoken about but will have no legal standing. Players will be under no legal obligation to extend their contracts. They maybe able to move, get a signing on fee and higher wages. Individual players may just decide to move on. Some clubs will have extreme cash flow pressures and may need to sell or let players out of contract leave because they can’t afford the wages. Clubs and or national associations cannot dictate to employees who have no contractural obligations to fulfill.[/QUOTE]

UEFA only care about, or are responsible for, their own competitions and will do whatever they can to make sure that this season's competitions are completed.

They will likely offer suggestions to their member FAs on what to do should they be unable to complete their season. eg. Null and void or finalize the standings as is.

In the case of Null and Void, they would tell those countries to use the previous season's standings for Euro qualification spots.

How come Sky and the like would LOVE to finish this season (crucial) but wouldn't mind short and new style 20/21 season?

Like their cousins in the EU, UEFA is an organisation headed by cretins who live in a wee bubble and do not have any grasp of the real world.

Okay I will be Sunshine brigade. What if Celtic lost Eduardo. I would give us a fifty shot of catching them at that pint.

02c8847bb56eb484caa2802e5a73d376.jpg

The players will never go for that.

Also how does that give a fair and equal season in terms of home / away / difficult grounds to play at? Playing games in a training centre? Wtf.

Still doesn't answer the question on player contracts and squads. Those out of contract in June will see zero reason to risk their next lucrative deal by being injured in hectic 3 week end of season farce.

It isn’t up to the players mate it will be up to the scientists who are working for governments around the world.

here is a question for the forum - would u accept as a British citizen that the EPL or SPL kicking of in June or July with games behind closed doors whilst we are still under ANY form of lockdown!

I know I would not be and would be raging if that is even being looked at by the football clubs.

lives over football

Back