UEFA vice president says it will be up to SPFL to decide on Premiership title if season is scrapped

No chance of UEFA intervening. They are already sh*t scared of the big clubs threatening to break away or taking them to court, so no great surprise that they have kicked decisions back to local associations.

Its actually up to the SFA and they allow the winners of the SPFL to be deemed Champion Club.

Given there is no Champion club its absolutely stupid to say ‘its up to the spfl’

If the SFA dont like it, it doesnt happen regardless of whatever Doncaster and Liewell want.

But hey its the Sun trying to give their mentally challenged target demographic a boost

There should be a play off for the Champions League spot if the season is incomplete. One off match at Hamdump.

Football isn't being played any time soon. We will barely be ready for the new season. This pandemic doesn't just blow over. Even if it was to be played behind closed doors, it's still not happening in the foreseeable future. You can't expect people to be in lockdown - social distancing yet have groups of sportsmen, staff and officials playing football.

2019/20 season cannot be played to a finish. Therefore it's null and void. Any one with a brain can see this.

Award it to the bheggars and we had better be prepared to fight and win or I'm done with Rangers and Scottish football.

It's not about 9 in a row or a quadruple treble. It's about people being safe, remaining healthy, avoiding this pandemic and getting the world back in order.

Don't let the bheggars say any thing different. They really are a club full of creatures like no other. They aren't human.

The more and more the death toll rises as the weeks and months pass the more the world-wide appetite for handing out titles will wane.

Probably only one team would want to sully themselves in this way and only one football authority will sully them selves by pandering to that club. The reality is it matters not a jot compared to what has happened and what has still to occur with Covid-19.

It would be difficult for the SPL to go a different route from England. If they do crown Liverpool it makes it easy for them to hand it to Celtic.

Since we could still win he league, then, as an idea, us and the tims could split both monies from the CL a the UC.
Void the league and let them try and qualfy for the CL

It’s all speculative nonsense in my opinion.

Don’t even think they will have thought about leagues being awarded without completion.

All the talk from most associations has been about how to get the football played and leagues done. ( dream on ).

So why would they be talking to our shitty wee mob??

File under PISH.

When the time comes to make the decision , then it’s the job of UEFA. That time is not now as current events are more important than football. If the Bheasts had any morals they would have eased any pressure by saying they would not accept the title if League isn’t finished. However Celtic and morals.........

When the time comes to make the decision , then it’s the job of UEFA. That time is not now as current events are more important than football. If the Bheasts had any morals they would have eased any pressure by saying they would not accept the title if League isn’t finished. However Celtic and morals.........
Nail on the head mate.

Hand them the title and the SPFL would be bankrupted by legal fees if Rangers and other affected clubs go about it the right way. Null and void I reckon. Unfortunately as an Airdrie supporter I miss out on possible promotion but that’s the way it goes. Some families have a lot more to worry about at this scary time. Stay safe people

We all know the SPFL want to give them the title. It is up to the clubs that will lose out to stand up to them. e.g Rangers and Hearts.

Europe’s governing body, looking to delegate the responsibility. Top level management
YVU0qob.gif

UEFA ask FAs to nominate teams to compete in their competitions. UEFA do not dictate which teams should represent which country, although they can refuse an individual team or an individual country entry into their competitions.

Each FA has to sort out their own mess, within UEFA competition rules.

Null and void is the way to go, with an agreement within Scottish football on who competes in which competition.

If celtic are handed the title expect Rangers to fight.
It wouldn't be that bad tho, if they win the league next year then it wont be a real 10.
This will always be the the 1 that never actually won

UEFA shyte out of a decision. SPFL make the decision we know they will. Everybody’s happy except Rangers. Maybe we’ll fight it, but we will meet a solid wall of opposition. We can all see where this is going.

UEFA ask FAs to nominate teams to compete in their competitions. UEFA do not dictate which teams should represent which country, although they can refuse an individual team or an individual country entry into their competitions.

Each FA has to sort out their own mess, within UEFA competition rules.

Null and void is the way to go, with an agreement within Scottish football on who competes in which competition.
And if null and void do you see any agreement from the club's who competed in what competition. Motherwell will argue they could have been second, the sheep 3rd. Killie will want last year's placings. Last year's SC losers?
Never will there be agreement.
Are people forgetting how the rest of Scottish football view us.?

UEFA instructing all leagues to follow the same decision would be the correct way to go about this. But they don't tend to interfere with individual leagues so this would be unsurprising.

This is a pretty unique situation though so would be good if they had the balls.

UEFA taking the easy option!, as will the SPFL!," Sporting integrity', will not enter into it.n
They could actually do their own opt out and let the clubs vote on it.
With no actual rule in place, they have their excuse.
Wash their hands of it and leave it to the clubs.

Hand them the title and the SPFL would be bankrupted by legal fees if Rangers and other affected clubs go about it the right way. Null and void I reckon. Unfortunately as an Airdrie supporter I miss out on possible promotion but that’s the way it goes. Some families have a lot more to worry about at this scary time. Stay safe people
On your first point my fear would be we were on our own if they saved Hearts and promoted Dundee Utd and AN Other.

Having said that your last sentence is the one that really matters.

UEFA absolving themselves of any responsibility or leadership is just outrageous.
This is EXACTLY the time when they should stand up and be counted but no, they bodyswerve it completely.
My opinion is that any club who mathematically can't be caught should be declared Champions but for any league that has a chance of a team or teams that has a chance of winning their league or avoiding relegation then the league should obviously be declared null and void for this season.

If not started by June. Not a chance of that happening. And even if it did, are we expecting clubs to jump straight into the next season with euros and a world Cup shortly after. Madness. I'm not even sure why we are getting a daily update from uefa or the sfa. It's over. Null and void
Exactly, then there's the small matter of a transfer window to look at...

Rangers are on the SPFL board this season, not The Harbourers. For that reason alone it will be highly unlikely that a title will be awarded if not earned on the pitch.

The more complicated issue is who gets the European places for next season.
Here’s the SPFL board for this season. I’d suggest you’re being more than a bit optimistic.

The 2019/20 SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Murdoch MacLennan (Chairman), Karyn McCluskey (non-executive), Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Ewen Cameron (Alloa Athletic), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City) and Peter Davidson (Montrose).

Last edited:
SPFL will just copy what every other league does.

They might try to be fly and wait and see if another Association awards a team who haven't won their championship the title, then point to that as precedent.

Something sleekit like that wouldn't surprise me.

Trying to award European places would the hardest point

1 CL
1 EL for domestic cup winners which is still on going
2 EL for League places

In terms of Scottish Cup -, Hearts and Hibs would likely have an issue in accepting it - Celtic would be CL so Aberdeen currently 4th may well get one of the EL places?
European places would be awarded on last season's final postions.

UEFA are the governing body of European football it may be the case the don’t want to get involved in domestic matters but they set the rules and oversee the FA”s. Aleksander Ceferin Is talking about void the leagues, if they have no jurisdiction it’s not there final decision but I think you will find they have a lot of influence in what happens. UEFA do decide how the game is run. It’s a dictatorship when it wants to be and given the gravity of the situation in my opinion they do need to blanket the response so it’s not chaos with one country doing one thing and another doing another for the sporting integrity of the game of course.

The corrupt spfl are itching to hand them the title and they will.
Robertson’s on that board he’s no just going to sit on his hands and do nothing.
If they try steam roller him we’ll end up in court

Utterly stupid from Uefa now you’ll have potentially half the countries in Europe declaring champions and the rest going with a void league.

Will be complete chaos with teams threatening legal action etc. Would have been a million times simpler for them to declare the leagues across Europe either way with a single decision rather than the self interest and infighting about to take place now.
Mental.. there will also be legal cases kicking off in every league if teams are relegated or miss out on european places.. UEFA or FIFA need to order a consistent message to ALL leagues to make it fair. Any other option is just stupid

Null and void is the only way to go but I have a feeling there’ll be a big push in England to crown Liverpool champions. Rightly or wrongly if they get it the SPFL will be tripping over themselves to hand the fhilth the title.
Why follow England?
What about other countries -Spain ,Italy ,Holland ,Belgium etc.

Rangers are on the SPFL board this season, not The Harbourers. For that reason alone it will be highly unlikely that a title will be awarded if not earned on the pitch.

The more complicated issue is who gets the European places for next season.
There will be a vote by the SPFL board and guess how that will turn out?

If the Chief Medical Officer is to be believed normality is not likely to return before September at the earliest so it is time for the football authorities to stop all this pussyfooting about and call the season null and void.

If so, I would have no qualms with Celtic being nominated as the club to represent Scotland in CL. Rangers, Aberdeen and Motherwell in Europa League.

Every other league will be cancelled and the SPL will hand the mentally challengeds the title

Another tainted title

No relegation for a Hearts

Dun Utd and Inverness promoted

It’s very clear that there will be no football until after the summer, they could announce that now. The only sensible route forwards is to say things that were completed stand and things that weren’t are void. i.e. the league cup would stand, coefficient places would stand but there would be no false champions, no promotion or relegation.

Unless UEFA changes their model for competition entry - they may have to if certain countries are still badly affected - then european places would probably need to be awarded as they were last year at the end of the completed league, possibly changed slightly due to coefficient changes.

It’s harsh on Liverpool, Dundee Utd etc and lucky for Hearts etc but there is simply no other way.

It was all to play for, end of story. They should not be awarded the title. If it was the other way round I would find it impossible to claim the title for us. Not right.

It was all to play for, end of story. They should not be awarded the title. If it was the other way round I would find it impossible to claim the title for us. Not right.

All true but unfortunately we play in a league in which certain teams can finish bottom twice and not be relegated. A league that also in 2013 voted to reduce prize money for teams from 2nd to 6th place while increasing it vastly for 1st place.

The hypocrisy is staggering at times. For years in the early to mid 2000s all we heard from the smaller clubs was how bad the 10-2 voting structure was and how it handicapped them then AberGreen vote with Celtic to keep it in place.

The hypocrisy is staggering in this league. Wouldn’t surprise me if they even tried to award the yahoos the Scottish cup as well.

Its a complete one off unique situation which hopefully will never happen again, null and void, no champions, no promotion, no relegation, start next season when we can. Unlucky on a lot of teams around the world.

If it goes to a vote of the Spfl board then Robertson will be outvoted.
I’m not sure the threat of legal action will make any difference to the outcome. They can probably decide things like this by a members vote

This probably means we’ll get relegated again and the scumbags will be handed the next 3leagues just in case.

Back