Uefa warn Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Well they’ll be barred from Europe if SPFL declare champions

The SPFL will be completed when it is possible to complete and the next will commence when it is possible to commence..The natural order we know will take a while to get back in place but this season will be completed.

With potential totally different squads. That will be bizarre.

There's literally thousands of people dying from this virus. Thousands. UEFA need to realise football is an irrelevance now and may well be for a long, long time.

That’s a car crash of an interview .

what he’s saying is if we null and void the league or call it finished as it stands , neither will count .

he seems to say the games must be played . Rather bizarre given a lot of the teams might be fielding different players .

what happens if we still are not playing in late July ? I’ve seen Scottish teams start a euro campaign in June .

a clear lack of leadership from uefa

I think this is the only outcome that doesn't cause a rammy.

Null & Void leads to problems with European places for the following season and potential legal action from Sky & BT for failure to provide what they paid for.

Finalising places with 8/9 games still to play is also off the table. We could still win, Aberdeen could still get 3rd, Hearts can avoid relegation.

Even if football doesn't restart til August, we need to finish this season then start a 2 or 3 year plan to get normal schedules back. Whether that's through cancelling winter breaks, stopping domestic cups for a few years etc. Needs to be discussed.
Stop with the sensible solutions you!! ;)

There's literally thousands of people dying from this virus. Thousands. UEFA need to realise football is an irrelevance now and may well be for a long, long time.

Certain governing bodies acting like football is far more important than any other sport.

As you say it's a complete irrelevance right now and will be for the forseeable future.

Certain governing bodies acting like football is far more important than any other sport.

As you say it's a complete irrelevance right now and will be for the forseeable future.
Who knows it might bring the whole corrupt cabal to their knees. Football has acted like they always do, with zero moral compass. My attitude to it has been changed forever.

There doesn't need to be blame for something to breach contractual law.

If we have agreed to provide X games per season and don't do so, then they haven't met contractual obligations and there is a case for part of the outlay to be reimbursed.

These companies don't leave things to chance.
Do sky/bt pay up front? If not wouldn't they just withhold payment?

You'd think It would actually be a very bad idea for sky to get into a legal wrangle with the EPL, those tv rights define them as a company in this country... and with Amazon/Netflix etc waiting in the wings...

Do sky/bt pay up front? If not wouldn't they just withhold payment?

You'd think It would actually be a very bad idea for sky to get into a legal wrangle with the EPL, those tv rights define them as a company in this country... and with Amazon/Netflix etc waiting in the wings...

I think part of the payment is paid upfront but aye you're right in that they could just withhold the end of season payment.

I'm no fan of Sky or BT but I think after being stung by Setanta, very few chairmen in Scotland will want to veer from the tried and trusted. Although Amazon or Netflix would be brilliant for both cost -even if it was an add-on - and allowing us to get into other markets....although those f.kin plastic pitches will have to go but that's another story.

The thing is, they’re not just bringing back the players, they’re also have to back all of the background staff, cooks, cleaners ciach drivers and Christ Only knows how many other non playing staff that they need in order to run the club in a day to day basis.

I think part of the payment is paid upfront but aye you're right in that they could just withhold the end of season payment.

I'm no fan of Sky or BT but I think after being stung by Setanta, very few chairmen in Scotland will want to veer from the tried and trusted. Although Amazon or Netflix would be brilliant for both cost -even if it was an add-on - and allowing us to get into other markets....although those f.kin plastic pitches will have to go but that's another story.
To be fair mate, sky/bt could help to pay to install decent surfaces in spfl, it would be a drop in the ocean to them.

They simply don't give a %^*& about Scottish football.

To be fair mate, sky/bt could help to pay to install decent surfaces in spfl, it would be a drop in the ocean to them.

They simply don't give a %^*& about Scottish football.

Clubs could also see the bigger picture and use part of their TV money to invest in a decent surface.

They want the advantage a plastic pitch gives them. Short-sighted.

It should be the SPFL outlawing them, not Sky being angel investors just because.

Clubs could also see the bigger picture and use part of their TV money to invest in a decent surface.

They want the advantage a plastic pitch gives them. Short-sighted.

It should be the SPFL outlawing them, not Sky being angel investors just because.
It costs in excess of £1m to install and maintain a modern decent standard grass playing surface.

Seems unlikely that the likes of Hamilton would spend about half of their annual revenue on something that could end up a totty field by november and needing relaid (see Ibrox this season).

It costs in excess of £1m to install and maintain a modern decent standard grass playing surface.

Seems unlikely that the likes of Hamilton would spend about half of their annual revenue on something that could end up a totty field by november and needing relaid (see Ibrox this season).

Which is why it's going to take a collective effort to convince these clubs it's in the long-term interests.

We can't sell the game internationally when it's a laughing stock being played on plastic.

Just read the records latest article on what each clubs stance on endind the season is. Most want to the games played but admit it's looking a struggle to do that.

After that comes as no surprise.

Only ourselves and Hearts are against awarding it as it stands.

From the other ten, 6 are in favour of ending it on current standings and 4 haven't commented.

Back