UEFA warn fines on card for teams whose players remove drinks during press conferences

I dont see how UEFA can fine anyone for not wanting to be associated with any particular product or brand, unless there's a contractual requirement, and the fine is an agreed penalty within the contract for breaches of said contract.

TBH if you're a sponsor that's paid millions you would be right pissed off with those 2 putting your product away. They're quite happy to take millions from football well this is where some of the money comes from. Pogba going to refuse to put a strip on of a team paying him 400k a week if they have a beer sponsor? Or Ronaldo not going to put a strip on with Coke on it? We all know the answer to that.

The sponsors will be on at them I’d imagine. Just do the interview with the drink sitting, you aren’t getting forced to drink it
They would quickly leave them there when the sponsorship dried up and their wages were affected. Can’t have it both ways.

I dont see how UEFA can fine anyone for not wanting to be associated with any particular product or brand, unless there's a contractual requirement, and the fine is an agreed penalty within the contract for breaches of said contract.
You can absolutely be sure there are contractual obligations that sponsors and UEFA and national teams have water tight

Strange
The players take the sponsors money, Ronaldo for Pepsi for example.
If anybody thinks that because Pogba has a beer in front of him that means we need to be like him, then they are retards.
Imo

4 billion dollars got wiped from Coca Cola due to Ronaldo moving their drinks.

Well fucking done Ronaldo.
Not true, the share price was falling before that happened for a number of reasons , I saw an interview with an American stockbroker who said that American investors would take no notice of what happened over at a European football match.

It’s also with pointing out that that Coke own the water brand that Ronaldo replaced the bottles with.

Reminds me of Cruyff in the 74 World Cup who had a problem with Adidas and had only 2 stripes on his strip

TBH if you're a sponsor that's paid millions you would be right pissed off with those 2 putting your product away. They're quite happy to take millions from football well this is where some of the money comes from. Pogba going to refuse to put a strip on of a team paying him 400k a week if they have a beer sponsor? Or Ronaldo not going to put a strip on with Coke on it? We all know the answer to that.

Ronaldo is fine with advertising KFC!

PQeW2VE.png

Well well well...

Open it , take a drink

Grimace and say that it's given you the boak.
I don't care one way or the other.
But you could see that happening if certain players are forced to have them on display.

Or the bottles being accidentally knocked over amidst cries of "FFS, who put glass bottles there ??"

Coca Cola got far more coverage than they would’ve had if Ronaldo had just left the bottles where they were.
It’s not about coverage, it’s about the message.

Ronaldo appears at a press conference telling the world not to drink Coca-Cola.

There’s impressionable kids around the world who idolise him who now think it’s uncool to drink it.

That’s why they’re raging.

Coca Cola has had the best free promotion Ronaldo removing the bottles and telling everyone to drink water and then UEFA giving more free promotion by stating players will be finned for removing the bottles. Haha ok then!

A superstar in Italy who doesn’t like Coke? Although to be fair, water isn’t to be sniffed at.:)) :shh:

I wonder how UEFA would respond if they fined a player for moving a bottle of coke and the player replied “I can’t justify a company that uses slave labor in China to produce their product”

I bet Clarke's gutted be left Killie when he did, otherwise he's be demanding a couple of half bottles of Glen's Vodka every week for the presser.

Back