Uefa Youth League Tuesday night - Rangers B v Hammarby

ssblue

RANGERS take on Swedish Champions Hammarby on Tuesday as their UEFA Youth League campaign gets underway for season 2021/22.

Qualifying as Champions of Scotland’s under-18 league, the Light Blues will be aiming to learn so much from the fantastic opportunities this tournament provides, not least the super tests they could potentially face against some superbly talented teams from across the continent.

Indeed, having already impressed in the Lowland League this season, this will be a very different challenge for David McCallum and Brian Gilmour’s young side in Europe’s premier youth competition.

Hammarby are first up for Gers at Dumbarton Football Stadium on Tuesday evening at 7:30pm, with tickets on-sale now for just £7 for adults and £4 for kids and concessions.

With broadcasting rules preventing the match being shown live on RangersTV, the only way to see the game is in-person – click HERE to buy your tickets now!

Supporters should note tickets which have ‘collection’ selected can be collected from Dumbarton Football Stadium in advance of the game. Please arrive early to avoid queuing.

These games are why Dumbarton is a strange choice of venue for the team. Travel time out there (especially midweek with busier times on the road) is too big an issue. Went to Firhill a few times during last UEFA Youth but afraid it’s a pass from me :confused:

Who chooses the venues @Calderwoodloyal ? Do we not have stand space at Auchenhowie now?

Last edited:
Website is crap. Tried to buy tickets twice and got kicked out. I either have 8 or none. Reluctant to buy 4 more. Is pay at gate ok for B team?

I always thought that pitch had floodlights
Nah the only pitch that has floodlights is the plastic pitch. It's why the B team don't play the Lowland League games there as floodlights is one of the criteria to be granted a license.

Anyone got experience of buying paper tickets that have a day turnaround to get posted?

I purchased a brief at Sunday lunchtime 15 mins after the email dropped, selecting the post option instead of collection. I logged into my a/c today to check the status (printed), am I correct in assuming that it should arrive tomorrow? It’ll be a bit tight time wise for me to queue at the ground for collection on the night.

Any gen would be appreciated gents.

These games are why Dumbarton is a strange choice of venue for the team. Travel time out there (especially midweek with busier times on the road) is too big an issue. Went to Firhill a few times during last UEFA Youth but afraid it’s a pass from me :confused:
Dumbartons a perfect choice for the B side to play their home games.

This has nothing to do with the stadium being a 5 minute walk away.

Wish the games were somewhere like pollock juniors
Can't be held there at night though because there's no floodlights there. The ground also has to meet criteria set out by UEFA to host a match as well like medical facilities available, travel and distance between the airport and hotel that the opposition are staying in.

Anyone got experience of buying paper tickets that have a day turnaround to get posted?

I purchased a brief at Sunday lunchtime 15 mins after the email dropped, selecting the post option instead of collection. I logged into my a/c today to check the status (printed), am I correct in assuming that it should arrive tomorrow? It’ll be a bit tight time wise for me to queue at the ground for collection on the night.

Any gen would be appreciated gents.
They are unlikely to post them out tbh - you can collect them at Dumbarton before the game. Just have your confirmation email with you and there shouldn’t be any problems.

They are unlikely to post them out tbh - you can collect them at Dumbarton before the game. Just have your confirmation email with you and there shouldn’t be any problems.

They've taken my money but no confirmation email sent out. I'm hoping my name and having the payment card will be enough.

Cheers.

They might’ve made it clear in the email.

Cheers.

They might’ve made it clear in the email.
Definitely pick them up at Dumbarton on the night.
Done this several times.
Just have confirmation email,they ask you to confirm address etc and hand you tickets in an envelope,then head round to turnstiles.

McCann was from Manchester United. He is now signed and registered with Rangers.
He is a mainstay in the current B squad.
Maybe your question is age related as he is 19.
Don't think he can going by the rules..

36.04​
Exceptionally, up to five players born on or after 1 January 2002 may be included on the list of 40 players, provided the following criteria are fulfilled:​
  1. The player has been eligible to play for the club concerned without interruption for the two years immediately preceding 14 September 2021, or has been eligible to play for the club concerned for two of the three years immediately preceding 14 September 2021 and registered with a maximum of one other club from the same association for an uninterrupted period of up to one year for the other one.​

I note that the game can’t be shown live due to UEFA, does anyone know if it will be available to view on Rangers TV later tonight or tomorrow?
I’ve no idea when it’s likely to be available but I’d expect highlights - as a minimum - on RangersTV. Probably the full match.

It could well be tomorrow night before they are available though, as it often is with coverage of the big teams EL group stage matches.

Back