Uefa Youth League Tuesday night - Rangers B v Hammarby

Just back from the game & I've got to say it was the most impressive performance I've seen this season of any of the Rangers teams
So full of energy these boys Mc Ausland especially but so talented.
The whole team played well, I was disappointed when Weston was taken off as he was having a good game but the boy Lowrie that came on was amazing although different types of players
We have some crop of youngsters
Was any programmes ?

Thought the whole team played very well.

Lowry has some crazy skills. At one point he went past 3-4 men and almost scored. He set up the second goal with a great crossfield pass. He looks a proper maverick entertainer.

Leon King strolled it at the back, Lindsay was excellent for an hour, Cole McKinnon was a steady influence in the middle, Weston looks incredibly sharp and quick, McAusland two finishes were excellent and he looks a direct dribbler. Runs at people frequently.

To think Charlie McCann and Juan Alegria couldn't play tonight. Excellent prospects.

Just back from the game & I've got to say it was the most impressive performance I've seen this season of any of the Rangers teams
The whole team played well, I was disappointed when Weston was taken off as he was having a good game but the boy Lowrie that came on was amazing although different types of players
On chances it could have finished 9-2 :))
Great work rate first half .Second half a bit more open but they all put a shift in.

Decent crowd? Would be good to get some of these games back to Ibrox
Busier than most of the other games have been.
Hard to gauge from sitting there as it is only one stand.
The middle section is taped off for “club use” so can’t sit in that section.Not sure how busy it was at the wings,although good turnout from the boys at one end singing.
Could have been up to 1,000?

Last edited:
Same here, really enjoyed that tonight, the football was a joy to watch. You're spot on full of energy and skill, decent crowd again.

All the results from UEFA Youth League tonight.

gn20.png

More info in here.

Decent crowd? Would be good to get some of these games back to Ibrox
No way they are playing these at Ibrox. Folks already complain about the state of the pitch as it is.
I remember going ti reserve games, at Ibrox, when the first team were playing away. It was on the season ticket. Long time ago. Quagmire by November.
The pitch at Boghead (or whatever it's called now) was immaculate tonight.
Let's give Dumbarton the ground rent to have proper ground staff and play there.

It's handy for me, certainly, but anyone in the Clyde valley north is only half an hour away.

Smashing night at the Rock.

Don’t know how good Hammarby are but the only time they touched the ball was when we made a mistake. Leon King the absolute standout for me - a class act - with Weston and McCausland impressive too. Alex Lowry caught the eye when he came on also. No failures in the Rangers side, although one lapse in concentration could have cost them a goal needlessly. Good possession play and most impressively, the speed and aggression with which they recovered the ball. Well done to everyone involved.

Would guesstimate the crowd to be between 800 and possibly 1000 given that the stand holds a smidge over 2000.

I don't follow the B team at all really, saw them once against atletico at firhill where we were outclassed- but I went along tonight and had a great night. Weston and mcausland were brilliant but that Lowry looks unreal too. Even at half time I was watching him warm up and his touch and passing was quality.

Really hope to see some of them break into the first team.

Just curious if anybody follows the youths but how do this team look compared to previous squads? Because it looks like theres serious talent there to me.

Crowd were class too, would like to hear Nathan Patterson's song at Ibrox

the rangers news site said Charlie Lindsay was the standout, to bears who went to the game, how was he?

Last edited:
Thought the whole team played very well.

Lowry has some crazy skills. At one point he went past 3-4 men and almost scored. He set up the second goal with a great crossfield pass. He looks a proper maverick entertainer.

Leon King strolled it at the back, Lindsay was excellent for an hour, Cole McKinnon was a steady influence in the middle, Weston looks incredibly sharp and quick, McAusland two finishes were excellent and he looks a direct dribbler. Runs at people frequently.

To think Charlie McCann and Juan Alegria couldn't play tonight. Excellent prospects.
I don't think I have known us to have a group with so many prospects coming through at the one time.

I don't follow the B team at all really, saw them once against atletico at firhill where we were outclassed- but I went along tonight and had a great night. Weston and mcausland were brilliant but that Lowry looks unreal too. Even at half time I was watching him warm up and his touch and passing was quality.

Really hope to see some of them break into the first team.

Just curious if anybody follows the youths but how do this team look compared to previous squads? Because it looks like theres serious talent there to me.

Crowd were class too, would like to hear Nathan Patterson's song at Ibrox
What's his song mate?

Dumbartons a perfect choice for the B side to play their home games.

This has nothing to do with the stadium being a 5 minute walk away.
Used to live up in castlehill decked the garden out in red white and blue no one ever had any doubt where my allegiances lay. Would have loved to still be there and to be able to attend these games with my wee ones but hey was a while ago now and I swapped it for sunnier climates

Last edited:
No way they are playing these at Ibrox. Folks already complain about the state of the pitch as it is.
I remember going ti reserve games, at Ibrox, when the first team were playing away. It was on the season ticket. Long time ago. Quagmire by November.
Let's give Dumbarton the ground rent to have proper ground staff and play there.

It's handy for me, certainly, but anyone in the Clyde valley north is only half an hour away.
Rangers are maintaining the pitch this season for Dumbarton.

the rangers news site said Charlie Lindsay was the standout, to bears who went to the game, how waas he?

He ran the game for an hour. Constantly looking for the ball in tight areas. Definitely a playmaker now rather than a forward. As the game wore on he tired a little but others came to the fore.
For a young guy he has real strength, I expect he's one who could play for us young.

I was impressed with the whole team but standouts for me were King, McKinnon, Lindsay, Weston, McAusland and Lowry in no particular order.

All the results from UEFA Youth League tonight.

gn20.png

More info in here.

The games are on BT Sport in the afternoon before the champions league games start. Watched the 2nd half of the City game yesterday played 15 minutes with 9 men. Watched Liverpool Milan the week before as well.

Great result for the young team last night there definitely seems to be a lot of talent at that level at the moment. Hope they finish the job next week and get into the next round.

never mind the pitch, can you imagine the moaning minnies with every bad touch?

The games are on BT Sport in the afternoon before the champions league games start. Watched the 2nd half of the City game yesterday played 15 minutes with 9 men. Watched Liverpool Milan the week before as well.

Great result for the young team last night there definitely seems to be a lot of talent at that level at the moment. Hope they finish the job next week and get into the next round.
I watched 50 minutes of the City game yesterday, did Mebude get on at any point?.

I watched 50 minutes of the City game yesterday, did Mebude get on at any point?.
Nah he never got on City had a player sent off on 65 minutes for a last man pull in the box and then another 78 minutes with a 2nd yellow. The way City saw out that game yesterday with 9 was really impressive

What's his song mate?
It went

Nathan Patterson is our right back
When he's on the ball he's on the attack
He joined the rangers when he was 8
When he scores a goal we celebrate
Na na na na na na na na na

Looks a bit shit written down actually but it sounded pretty good, not sure what tune it was to though.

Was at game. Superb. Loads of highly talented youngsters coming through. Ross McAusland, Charlie Lindsey, Rhys Weston and Alex Lowry all superb.

King and mcclelland veey steady at the back. Leon King seems very quick

Was at game. Superb. Loads of highly talented youngsters coming through. Ross McAusland, Charlie Lindsey, Rhys Weston and Alex Lowry all superb.

King and mcclelland veey steady at the back. Leon King seems very quick
Read Leon King is now 6’2’’ which is a really good thing but ideally he continues to grow . real good qualities especially his application .

Read Leon King is now 6’2’’ which is a really good thing but ideally he continues to grow . real good qualities especially his application .
He was up against a lad for Hammerby who was genuinely about 6ft7. So was hard to judge his height. I think id still prefer King or Mcclelland ober simpson haha

Back