Match Thread Ukraine v Scotland 19:45 Premier Sports

The lads have done well. There are rewards for doing that. Even though fans still think of the games as friendlies.

He got caught out of position for the Ukraine chance in the first half after he dived in to win the ball and didn't.

He got caught under the flight of the ball for two crosses, one which the Ukrainians should've scored.

I think folk just listen to the commentary and form an opinion on the back of what Michael Stewart says.

Porteous was ok, on another day, we are talking about him costing us two goals.
Exactly he mistimed jump on 2 occasions as above!

Ffsake, I could dissect the entire performance of any defender in any team over the entire 90 in any match and find moments where they missed a ball or were second to a tackle.
I find it fckn insulting for you to suggest I made my mind up in response to that cvunt Stewart's commentary.
Who the fck do you think you are?
Some sort of supreme authority?

I think your view is totally compromised by a dislike of the player in question.
A totally flawed position in the judgement of any performance.
Please calm doon!

Please calm doon!
Who is not calm?
However, I take particular perverse joy in taking an opposite view to Stewart whom I particularly dislike.
However, even Stewart might get something right occasionally.
Is it a stretch for some numbskull to perhaps accept that people make their own minds up regardless of the torturous nonsense espoused by clowns like Stewart?

Do all the Tartan Army members on here have the same brutal patter??
Hopefully not. When I was in the Scotland Travel Club it was like an extension of our RSC. I suggested Rangers do the same kind of thing and then the world changed. I was still working and had some Celtic-supporting "mates" - absolutely no interest in being in the Tartan Army except in the last decade or so. Now Internationals for me are Rugby Union.

Slight difference between worried and completely humiliated, which was your first post.

You sure you're not Tartan Army??
There's not. They fail to get out the groups its humiliation and based on form its not out the question. So they will be worried about getting humiliated as I suggested ;)

No, no I'm not. Want the national side to win though as I can separate club and country as well as I can football and politics.

There's not. They fail to get out the groups its humiliation and based on form its not out the question. So they will be worried about getting humiliated as I suggested ;)

No, no I'm not. Want the national side to win though as I can separate club and country as well as I can football and politics.
Yes mate, they will be bricking it against USA who have been beaten off Japan and drawn with El Salvador and Saudi Arabia in their last 3 matches. Or a Wales team who have lost 4 and drawn 1 in their last 5 matches. Need we even discuss Iran.

I also want Scotland to win, but I'm not going to get a stauner over a hypothetical / delusional take on England's chances of getting out of a poor group :))

Yes mate, they will be bricking it against USA who have been beaten off Japan and drawn with El Salvador and Saudi Arabia in their last 3 matches. Or a Wales team who have lost 4 and drawn 1 in their last 5 matches. Need we even discuss Iran.

I also want Scotland to win, but I'm not going to get a stauner over a hypothetical / delusional take on England's chances of getting out of a poor group :))
They just lost home and away to Hungary. 4-0 at home. Pumped off Italian reserves and drew with a very poor Germany.

I hope England do well. But certainly doesn't look as though that will happen. Shuts a few of the English up us doing well too.

They just lost home and away to Hungary. 4-0 at home. Pumped off Italian reserves and drew with a very poor Germany.

I hope England do well. But certainly doesn't look as though that will happen. Shuts a few of the English up us doing well too.
I am well aware of their results but you seem a little clueless on their opponents, so I was filling you in with some knowledge on how poor that group is.

Why shouldn't they be loud and proud when doing well. Just look at Scotland fans because we've won a terrible Nations League group.

I am well aware of their results but you seem a little clueless on their opponents, so I was filling you in with some knowledge on how poor that group is.

Why shouldn't they be loud and proud when doing well. Just look at Scotland fans because we've won a terrible Nations League group.
No, ive followed their opponents and for that reason like I stated before, it will be humiliating if they fail to get out the group. Wouldnt have said so if they were any kop.

You seem to want to belittle how well Scotland have done recently so I'll leave you to it. Hopefully as we are same seeds as England now we finally get a favorable draw for a tournament as they always get.

Wonder where all the Clarke haters have went.

To finish top of this group, especially tonight considering they were missing so many players, is impressive.
I'm one only because what he said about Rangers fans when Kilmarnock qualified for Europe
Admit he has done a good job as Scotland manager
At one time was getting backed for Rangers job before S Gerrard got job
I would be surprised if he did get offered the Rangers job but you never know what goes through Ross Wilson head

Last edited:

Iran beat Uruguay a few days ago, a team I'd fancy to have a deeper World Cup run than England.

Back