Ultras of the MLS

Somebody needs to tell those Atlanta guys to cut out the add-ons.

This is Atlanta,
We're gona stomp you out.

Can you imagine the Scottish media getting a whiff of that behaviour. :D Confederate bigots.

It's cringeworthy stuff at times but good on em I say. Can't be fun being a football fan in a country obsessed with some of the shitest sports on the planet.

I wish they would develop their own style, not copying the 'European' style.

Especially as most of the chanting is nondescript and PG.

I went to a 'soccer match' in Tampa many years ago and remember nearly wetting myself when an irate Tampa Bay fanny ( trust me that's what they called themselves) went tonto at the ref, shouting ' your mother eats rotten tomatoes'

Even my missus pissed herself given she was used to, shall we say, slightly more offensive verbal tirades being launched in the U.K.

WATP

Different cultures and all that. They seem to be enjoying themselves so long may it continue.

Seen this on Facebook the other day but had no idea how to share it here

Easiest way if you want to load a video directly into a thread is to copy the URL (right click a FB video and "copy video URL") then when posting on here click the media button on the top of the reply box and paste the URL in it does it all for you.

If you know the BB codes you can do it manually. [media]URL HERE[ /media]

Easiest way if you want to load a video directly into a thread is to copy the URL (right click a FB video and "copy video URL") then when posting on here click the media button on the top of the reply box and paste the URL in it does it all for you.

If you know the BB codes you can do it manually. [media]URL HERE[ /media]
Any way of getting it when you you're using the Facebook app though?

That video was made to Made them look cringy, some of the tifos they come up with are amazing though
This is a new game to them so they will copy European style chants etc but they do some great stuff too

That video was made to Made them look cringy, some of the tifos they come up with are amazing though
This is a new game to them so they will copy European style chants etc but they do some great stuff too
The chants are pretty cringeworthy whatever way you look at them, but they are trying really hard to get the whole 'soccer' thing going and it's working well going by the fact that Adidas just done a $700m deal with the MLS to provide all the kits.

I went to a DC United game away back in 2003 I think it was (When Freddy Adu was there). It was dull. No chants. No atmosphere. Nothing. Couple of years ago I was at an NYC FC match being a tourist. They had their songs and singing section and managed to pull in a crowd of 34k. Even Miami FC is NASL can pull in a decent crowd these days. So it has definitely came far.

If they can get away from being seen as a retirement league for Europeans there is huge potential for it to be a great league. Still but.... bringing a chainsaw to a football match is a bit mental. :D

The seattle one been around a while, best bit of the video is the look he gives when he nods his head, he actually thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

The chants are pretty cringeworthy whatever way you look at them, but they are trying really hard to get the whole 'soccer' thing going and it's working well going by the fact that Adidas just done a $700m deal with the MLS to provide all the kits.

I went to a DC United game away back in 2003 I think it was (When Freddy Adu was there). It was dull. No chants. No atmosphere. Nothing. Couple of years ago I was at an NYC FC match being a tourist. They had their songs and singing section and managed to pull in a crowd of 34k. Even Miami FC is NASL can pull in a decent crowd these days. So it has definitely came far.

If they can get away from being seen as a retirement league for Europeans there is huge potential for it to be a great league. Still but.... bringing a chainsaw to a football match is a bit mental. :D

Isn't the guy with the chainsaw employed by Portland Timbers to cut a bit off wood off everytime they score? Sure I read something like that when Boyd and I believe Stevie Smith played for them.

Isn't the guy with the chainsaw employed by Portland Timbers to cut a bit off wood off everytime they score? Sure I read something like that when Boyd and I believe Stevie Smith played for them.

I thought he was just a mad cap fan approved to bring his chainsaw and half a tree trunk in for entertainment :D:D

Broxi should get to maul a tim everytime we score.

Got tickets for the Portland Timbers v Orlando game in two weeks time. Been to a few Orlando home games but first time been to one of their away games.

Quite looking forward to it.

Away days in the MLS become away weeks. :D

Quite a distance between the two locations for sure. Happened to be in Portland that day anyway doing West Coast road trip. Seems their stadium is very close to the city centre so a gentle stroll on a hopefully fine Sunday afternoon.

Is that why Boyd grew the beard?

Why did he actually leave Portland. I don't recall ever hearing a reason why. Was he just mince?

Why did he actually leave Portland. I don't recall ever hearing a reason why. Was he just mince?

He was mince, was costing them a packet as a Designated Player and not producing the goods.

Best part of his time was the Advert he did for the Mattress place :D

The referee's a wanker is my favourite :D

I was over in NYC recently and got talking to a welsh bloke that supports Swansea.They must have been doing a pre-season tour over there so he went to one of their games.He said these 'MLS ultras' were in the Swansea end shouting at the American teams fans "your fucking MLS".

He turned round to them and said "eh so are you".:D

A bit cringeworthy but at least they're trying to create a bit of an atmosphere.

Yeah, they're doing it the only way they know how. Soccer over here isn't exactly a working man's sport (except for the Latinos), so crowds tend to be filled with families, and the male/female balance is much less biased towards men as it is in the UK. All of this will lead to things being a little more santised than in Europe.

My favourite is the referee's a wanker chant outside before the game has even started.

That and when the Atlanta camera pans round as the drummer starts and there is 2 kids jumping up and down!
Cringed all the way through, get the impression they are all a bit nice or something. Just doesn't ring true really.. missing some underlying aggression I reckon!

Back