Ultras of the MLS

NYCFC also do not allow swearing in the stands during matches.

Their chants are written on song-sheets and passed around in order to generate
a ‘British-style’ atmosphere.

One chant, titled ‘Some History’, goes: “You might have some history,

“But we don’t give a crud,

“Your team will always be a joke until they have a cup

“(Shout the opposing team’s name)!!!!!”

Another set of NYCFC lyrics reminds supporters to shout the surname of a
goal-scorer after a goal.

It also describes a ‘traditional clapping chant’: “A) Clap, Clap –
clapclapclap – Clapclapclapclap – New York City!”

Even Miami FC is NASL can pull in a decent crowd these days. So it has definitely came far.
Miami has a large South American and Cuban contingent so that will help boost numbers, pretty sure Beckham is involved with them as well.

Miami has a large South American and Cuban contingent so that will help boost numbers, pretty sure Beckham is involved with them as well.

Its a Miami MLS team Beckham is trying to get going. The Miami FC team in NASL is backed by some hedgefund guy I think. Nesta is managing them.

Some of them are really bad. I have seen some of them which are decent though. The first time you see it happening is strange though.

Why is the guy in club on the mic giving it the 'we believe that we will win' dressed up like Teddy Roosevelt? What's the connection there?

FFS -I find European 'Ultras' tiresome enough - this is miles worse

'Against Modern Football' :p

Whether you aren't a fan of the Ultras scene in Europe or not, surely you see a difference between some mental crew of diehards from Naples going for it for 90 minutes to the people in these videos? :D

The governing bodies are doing a good job this time of expanding the sport in the country and you do get a decent atmosphere and crowds at the matches. However, it all seems so plastic. You don't get the impression that the fans go home after a defeat gutted and replaying it over and over in your head until you play the next game the way the fans are here and in countries across Europe. It just feels like they turn up to watch a bit of entertainment without feeling s connection to the club. When do you ever see proper celebrations like when we score against Celtic for example? It just seems false and put on although hopefully as time goes on this gets better and feels more authentic because a proper strong set up in USA would be good for the world wide game.

Fair play to them surprised no one has complained about them having flares at games yet cause Wullie in row Z might have asthma

I wish they would develop their own style, not copying the 'European' style.

Especially as most of the chanting is nondescript and PG.

I would say the same of some of our own groups and their chants. We are Rangers, one of the greatest clubs with one of the greatest supports in world football. We have no need to bast@rdise others' chants. I hate the European style chants. We have more than enough great songs.

Back