Umar Sadiq €60m price tag

Correct. The best laugh is when a player gets slaughtered on here but it turns out he can play a bit. They then claim he's improved.

Yep. Even if Gerrard was right to get rid due to attitude reasons etc.

The idea that he's the worst to ever play for us is just hyperbole probably based on one moment in one particular game (Aberdeen)

People love a pile on.

Mark Allen made a big mistake bringing him in. Decent player but completely wrong for Rangers, Scottish game and Stevie Gerrard. Apparently the corner flags tried harder in training than he did.

UD Almeria Slaps Hefty €60m Price Tag On Umar Sadiq To Ward Off Suitors​

The former AS Roma protege, Umar Sadiq is drawing interests from a number of clubs following his good start to life with Almeria in the Spanish second tier.

UD Almeria have placed a €60m price tag on their Nigerian talisman Umar Sadiq to fend off interest in the player.

Sadiq teamed up with Almeria last October from Serbian club FK Partizan and has settled in nicely to life in Spain.

The striker has 11 goals and 3 assists from 19 appearances in all competitions for the La Liga chasing Rojiblancos.

According to Spanish media outlet Marca, Almeria have placed a huge €60m prize tag for teams willing to prise Sadiq away this January. And if he helps them gain promotion to La Liga, the fee goes up to €80m.

Sadiq who turns 24 in February is believed to be open to staying at Almeria beyond this transfer window and the club’s bosses buy to the idea and consider him part of their plans for the present and future.

edit: edited the thread title

There is a cracking picture on the internet somewhere of @Yorkhill_True_Blues looking the happiest lad ever standing in Glasgow airport with the bold Sadiq.

He did to be fair but the fact he's been punted to the Spanish 2nd tier speaks volumes.
Perhaps just aiming for a good progression, likely playing in a top 5 league next season as he is strolling Spain.

If he had never played for us prior folk would look at his record in Serbia/EL & be falling over themselves to sign him IMO.

Last edited:
What was it Tom Miller said to describe him? "Every touch is an adventure" Something like that. It certainly described the way he looked whenever I seen him

Heard this last summer when he was going to Man United, he's playing 2nd tier Spanish football. You can pick up a number of top strikers for £60m

He looked like he had never played football before when with us.

The amount of times he was offside in the Aberdeen semi was unbelievable.

Excellent post.
Show me your posts praising this guy

You seem to be basking in glory on the basis of him being ‘worth’ €60m now.

I don’t remember a single person praising the donkey, happy to be proved wrong if you can provide evidence.

Show me your posts praising this guy

You seem to be basking in glory on the basis of him being ‘worth’ €60m now.

I don’t remember a single person praising the donkey, happy to be proved wrong if you can provide evidence.

Just like the posters that said we couldnt move the tims out of the Broomloan because our licence "depended on it" or the ones that criticised Sonny Aluko now we have to provide "evidence" that not everyone follows like sheep.

Believe what you like mate.

Just like the posters that said we couldnt move the tims out of the Broomloan because our licence "depended on it" or the ones that criticised Sonny Aluko now we have to provide "evidence" that not everyone follows like sheep.

Believe what you like mate.
Why are you putting the word “evidence” in quotation marks?

You can either back up your outrageous claims or you can’t.

Sonny :))

Mate. C’mon. I’m sure like me, others base their assessment of him based on more than the Semi final against Aberdeen. At no time in the 3or 4 games that I seen him did he look like he was a footballer never mind a striker. Having not seen him play since he left us, I cannot comment on what must have been a meteoric rise in ability. If he does go on to play in La Iiga or EPL, then fair play to him, he must have improved significantly since his time with us. A move to Blairdrummond was more likely when he played for us.
Yep. Even if Gerrard was right to get rid due to attitude reasons etc.

The idea that he's the worst to ever play for us is just hyperbole probably based on one moment in one particular game (Aberdeen)

People love a pile on.

Hes far far better than he showed when he was here, and also far better than the FF pundits will have you believe. He made a cnut of it at us yes, but he'll have a good career.

Absolutely.
Didn't work for him here. He is proving he can have a good career elsewhere.

You always get the same old "worst player ever" "never a footballer" hyperbole when a player doesn't impress at Ibrox. I know we like to think it sometimes but Ibrox isn't the be all and end all for someones career.

Do all players in Spain not need a release clause as part of their contracts?

They won’t actually value him at that kind of money but if they put a more realistic fee in the contract then they risk losing the player too easily.

In fairness to him he seems to have gone on and done well enough since he’s left, there’s obviously something there

It's not a price tag, It's a release clause. Very common to go overboard, they don't let that get in the way of a good headline though. :D

Why are you putting the word “evidence” in quotation marks?

You can either back up your outrageous claims or you can’t.

Sonny :))

Had a look back through some old posts and found this one by me on 13th August 2018. Its in a thread titled "Sadiq". Im post No 121. Id have copied it if I knew how.

"He's unpredictable and causes panic in opposition defences. What's not to like"?

UD Almeria Slaps Hefty €60m Price Tag On Umar Sadiq To Ward Off Suitors​

The former AS Roma protege, Umar Sadiq is drawing interests from a number of clubs following his good start to life with Almeria in the Spanish second tier.

UD Almeria have placed a €60m price tag on their Nigerian talisman Umar Sadiq to fend off interest in the player.

Sadiq teamed up with Almeria last October from Serbian club FK Partizan and has settled in nicely to life in Spain.

The striker has 11 goals and 3 assists from 19 appearances in all competitions for the La Liga chasing Rojiblancos.

According to Spanish media outlet Marca, Almeria have placed a huge €60m prize tag for teams willing to prise Sadiq away this January. And if he helps them gain promotion to La Liga, the fee goes up to €80m.

Sadiq who turns 24 in February is believed to be open to staying at Almeria beyond this transfer window and the club’s bosses buy to the idea and consider him part of their plans for the present and future.

edit: edited the thread title
He’ll end up going for about £1M.

Didnae see you come on and print that at the time.

How long were we gonnae persevere with that notion he'd develop.

It was more than 2 years ago. Aug 13th 2018 post No 121 if you want to check. Thread title "Sadiq".

Had a look back through some old posts and found this one by me on 13th August 2018. Its in a thread titled "Sadiq". Im post No 121. Id have copied it if I knew how.

"He's unpredictable and causes panic in opposition defences. What's not to like"?
:))

Nothing to say about my "outrageous claims"?
Too busy laughing at you trawling through old posts and coming back three days later with that weak effort. Is that praise? It also appears to be you talking about his potential based on clips you watched as opposed to reviewing his actual performances for us. Not once did he make a defender panic in a Rangers shirt.

I know some players take a while to settle and it can be hard in certain environments.

But he genuinely looked like someone who'd never played football before and wasn't sure what you were meant to do when the ball was at your feet.

A basketball player attempting to play football might be a good comparison.

He kind of reminds me of Diego Forlan, he was terrible for Man Utd in the EPL but could score for fun in Spain.

It just doesn't work for some people when they are at a certain club, they might not like the weather or just don't like living in a certain place and it affects their performance on the pitch.
Extremely kind appraisal

If true, we've let 2 seasons worth of CL money slip through our fingers :eek:

Yet who amongst us would have kept him after that performance at Hamdump? Not me.

Modern Football can be crazy sometimes

He ran circles around the ball then took off like a Giraffe perhaps something has clicked and he got his brain co ordination functioning, but it certainly wasn't working when he was with us, he was shite.

No club will ever pay anywhere near 60 million for him
Correct. A lot of people are choosing to ignore the fact that this a minimum release clause required by law in Spanish contracts. Clickbait nonsense calling it a ‘price tag’

Mark Allen made a big mistake bringing him in. Decent player but completely wrong for Rangers, Scottish game and Stevie Gerrard. Apparently the corner flags tried harder in training than he did.
He didn’t make a big mistake. A loan signing, Would does have been minimal wages. No big deal.

Back