Umar Sadiq - the man behind the wire

Senderos, capucho, black, sandaza. Just a few off top of my head. The guy is a loan signing that hasn't worked out.

More colossal flops.

And you could add Jonás Thern, Egil Ostenstad, Mladenovic, Emerson.

We’ve had a litany of truly awful signings over the years - a young lad on loan who probably wasn’t on much of a salary isn’t in the same stratosphere of duddery.

He will be remembered for diving like a tw@t instead of rolling the ball into the net to equalise in the aberdeen semi.
I've still not seen that. I was miles away at Hampden and never saw any replays later.

All of those posters who had “feelings” about him when he signed :D.

“Sebo had a good YouTube compilation and was crap, this guy’s video is awful so maybe he’ll be great.” Awesome logic.

It hasn’t worked out and it’s no real surprise. Shame, but was always likely. I hope some people can keep their cock in their pants the next time we’re linked with someone nobody has ever heard of.

Hadn't kicked a ball since August and started in a cup semi final at Hampden.

Never seen since. For a few weeks FF talked about the options to us with Morelos suspended and Lafferty ineligible - a interchangeable front three seemed the solution, not someone who had been our the picture with question marks over his attitude and application.

He played in said semi final, wasn't the worst, should have had a penalty - although should have remained focused on stroking the ball in the net and getting is back in the tie.

He'll probably never been seen again and I won't lose any sleep over it.

Sometimes you have a gut feeling about players and when I saw his demeanour in the presser when he signed and his laid-back attitude in the first few training sessions, I knew he was a dud.
Our business in the summer was pretty good, so can't complain about the odd turkey.
Just frustrating it's up front where we could have done with a decent third option.

Completely out of his depth playing for Rangers

The sooner he's out the door and no longer costing us money, the better for all, including him

One pish signing is allowed
A wee bit of me still feels a bit of sympathy for him being flung into a semi final
Fall guy

So just how much better is this years Lafferty than Sadiq ? Granted we’ve seen a bit more of the former but that ain’t been pretty either.

Aye but who is :D

I seen Billy Urqhuart, who was signed in 1978 after scoring a hat trick against us, as we beat one of the Inverness sides 6-3 in a pre season friendly. Let me just say Billy was NOT a player, damn bloody awful best sims him up.

Sadiq has just been a dreadful signing, these things happen. Just be grateful it wasn't a few £m on a permanent contract - we can send him back in January.

Sadiq has been rubbish. Fans appreciate work ethic and effort even if you are pretty limited which Sadiq has never shown. The least we expect out of a player is 110% and I don't think he's gave that.

There is obviously talent there, Roma don't give contracts to rubbish players, but it hasn't worked out here. Disappointing.

Lafferty also needs to pull the finger out because he's not doing enough either in my opinion.

Back