Umar Sadiq - the man behind the wire

Grezda Loyal

Anyone know what the story is with the big man? Take it he'll be away in January? Feel sorry for the boy as I think he was thrown in at the deep end against the sheep and some of the comments that have came out from Gerrard since that match cannot have been good for his confidence. Feel like he's been used as a bit of a scape goat if I'm being honest.

Clearly not a terrible player to have a contract at a club like Roma and didn't do too badly in the Dutch league either. Just not suited to our club and Scottish football in general. Wish him well wherever he ends up.

Anyone know what the story is with the big man? Take it he'll be away in January? Feel sorry for the boy as I think he was thrown in at the deep end against the sheep and some of the comments that have came out from Gerrard since that match cannot have been good for his confidence. Feel like he's been used as a bit of a scape goat if I'm being honest.

Clearly not a terrible player to have a contract at a club like Roma and didn't do too badly in the Dutch league either. Just not suited to our club and Scottish football in general. Wish him well wherever he ends up.

He took the lazy option and dived when he had a massive chance to equalise. He deserved every bit of stick he got after that game.

Bottom line is he’s not good enough. Whether it’s down to ability or mentality or both, only Gerrard will now. None of us have seen anywhere near enough of him to know the answer to that.

I would imagine that he'd be away back to Roma as soon as.

Not really any point in keeping here, as he's obviously not in the manager's plans.

I don’t think it’s just his performances, it must be his contribution in training that we don’t see. If we was training well he would have had more opportunities. Gerrard is not judging him based on a short period of game time.

From the first week it's been clear SG didn't fancy him....and we don't know why. Fitness? Attitude in training? Willingness to fit in?

Not good enough but from what I've seen I'm not convinced Lafferty is much better in all honesty.

Watching Lafferty past few months i remembered what the big man was like first time around

Average most of the time with no tactical or positional sense - gets caught up in silly antics or arguements

But he is capable of going on a run of 5/6 games where things come off for him and he pops up with important and vital goals hes always had form spurts

He needs to find some form soon as since he signed bar a couple games hes been poor.

Time for him to step up

The Aberdeen game showed why he won’t play again for us. His dive was unforgivable and highlights the issues mentioned about his attitude.

If we find ourselves in another situation where Lafferty and Morelos are unavailable, then we either go with youth, or play one or the wide men as an attacker, as Sadiq can’t be relied on.

I suspect his next move will be back to Nigeria having successfully convinced enough people that he was actually a footballer.

He is god awful, but the fact we can get shot of him in less than a month means he isn’t our worst signing ever.

I'm new to this forum but people did warn me dont go on there it's full of Bheasts.

one glance at this cats previous threads............................................WOWZERS

Back