Umar sadiq

Strange. How can any team justify paying that kind of money for Sadiq. Unless it was his non-football playing twin brother acting as his stunt double when he was at our Club.

Some signings work some don't. It seemed pretty obvious it was never going to be with sadiq happy with decision to move him on.

There was a football data analysis article on here that looked at replacing morelos, and sadiqs "stats" had him in that. That type of analysis is rife at every club now and £10 million is nothing to a major club these days

I can only remember him playing the semi vs Aberdeen.

Indeed, I'm sure he got zero minutes in the game before the semi, which seemed absolutely ludicrous when he then started

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we can't be aggrieved at this like it's a missed opportunity. The whole time he was with us he showed nothing on the pitch, same must have been true at training

To be fair, he rarely got a chance with us. 1 game more or less and he blew it. Having said that, I would never had him as a £10m player !

Things in football doesn’t always work out.

Certain circumstances may affect the player but he generally couldn’t control the ball from what I seen of him.

He looked like a player who didn’t train well from all accounts and needed game time instead, to find his feet. With us having an inform striker playing regularly, he never got that chance and justifying so.

Also with his attitude to training being different to Gerrard’s, a personality clash can affect the mental aspect to him and being a loan player, both manager and player are just wanting the whole saga to end.

Good luck to him.

There was always a player in there, you don’t get that far in football if you don’t.

We know it's silly season but that is bizarre even if it's just a rumour.

He was woeful with us, I dont even think he’d get a game for Cove Rangers on his form.

Gattuso may aswell resign now, dud!

Its a brave stance (less brave making it 7 pages in so will miss a lot of flak) but I’ve made it on similar threads right at the start.

Sadiq was nowhere near as bad as made out on here. He actually done ok against Aberdeen but his fitness was shocking and hindered him. First 45 minutes there were enough glimpses for me that he was just very rusty and needed games. From the brief glimpses and stories we got I took the following;

- he was lazy in training so needed games to be fit nevermind match sharp. That came from quotes of the Breda manager who said he trained shockingly but performed in games.

- Gerarrd had no time for a poor trainer to be getting game time. Quite rightly so.

- as a result when Sadiq was forced in the semi final to play we saw a guy who hadn’t played a competitive game in weeks/months and was patently unfit.

- first 45 he caused Aberdeen some issues and if he had been playing regularly he might have been a lot sharper and actually punished them. He carried a clear threat most of that half but looked like he wouldn’t take any chance he got.

- we also had people comparing him to Morelos. Firstly he wasn’t a similar player and secondly he had nowhere near the work ethic of Morelos to even begin to be compared to him. If you compared the quiet/poor games Defoe versus Morelos it wouldn’t be pretty.

- the infamous pk dive was again the result of being unfit. He took the right option to drop the keeper and round him but there was an Aberdeen player in his shoulder who probably doesn’t get there if Sadiq is sharp and has the first few yards burst on him. But he knows he is sluggish and will get beaten to the ball by the defender so takes a shocking dive. It was the act of an unfit player who knew he was unfit and not getting on balls he would usually expect to.

All in all I agree with SG treatment of a lazy trainer but I won’t write off a young player as garbage when he wasn’t mature enough to earn a fair crack of the whip at us by showing it in training to get game time. Looking that poor at us was all his own fault and in many ways he was a waster but I don’t think he was a poor footballer.

Not suited to high tempo and physical Scottish football. Dont think he looked good at all once here.

Its a brave stance (less brave making it 7 pages in so will miss a lot of flak) but I’ve made it on similar threads right at the start.

Sadiq was nowhere near as bad as made out on here. He actually done ok against Aberdeen but his fitness was shocking and hindered him. First 45 minutes there were enough glimpses for me that he was just very rusty and needed games. From the brief glimpses and stories we got I took the following;

- he was lazy in training so needed games to be fit nevermind match sharp. That came from quotes of the Breda manager who said he trained shockingly but performed in games.

- Gerarrd had no time for a poor trainer to be getting game time. Quite rightly so.

- as a result when Sadiq was forced in the semi final to play we saw a guy who hadn’t played a competitive game in weeks/months and was patently unfit.

- first 45 he caused Aberdeen some issues and if he had been playing regularly he might have been a lot sharper and actually punished them. He carried a clear threat most of that half but looked like he wouldn’t take any chance he got.

- we also had people comparing him to Morelos. Firstly he wasn’t a similar player and secondly he had nowhere near the work ethic of Morelos to even begin to be compared to him. If you compared the quiet/poor games Defoe versus Morelos it wouldn’t be pretty.

- the infamous pk dive was again the result of being unfit. He took the right option to drop the keeper and round him but there was an Aberdeen player in his shoulder who probably doesn’t get there if Sadiq is sharp and has the first few yards burst on him. But he knows he is sluggish and will get beaten to the ball by the defender so takes a shocking dive. It was the act of an unfit player who knew he was unfit and not getting on balls he would usually expect to.

All in all I agree with SG treatment of a lazy trainer but I won’t write off a young player as garbage when he wasn’t mature enough to earn a fair crack of the whip at us by showing it in training to get game time. Looking that poor at us was all his own fault and in many ways he was a waster but I don’t think he was a poor footballer.

Pretty much what I said earlier, I can’t argue with any of that. But being FF and any logic apart from he’s pish won’t get much praise.

The amount of "professional footballers" that make a career out of the game is astonishing. Obviously sadiq, Benteke, freddy adu, nicklas bendtner to name a few

I'd love to say that I could see there was a player there... but no he's shit and all the transfer dosh in the world wont convince me otherwise.

First 10/20 minutes of that game I thought he looked very decent, was causing their defence quite a few problems with his movement and pace.

After that though it wasn't so great.

Back