Umar Sadiq

Has he not done quite well since he left? I’m clearly not including that comical miss in that.

edit: should have watched till the end

Has he not done quite well since he left? I’m clearly not including that comical miss in that.
Aye, 9 goals + 3 assists in 18 this season in Spain

23 goals + 19 assists in 52 Partizan games, 4 of those goals came in the Europa League group stage.

This went in btw :))

Youre overstating it a bit there. Prior to this season he had scored 20 goals in 57 games in 2 seasons since leaving us.
From transfermarkt, in all competitions.

Season 20/21
15 in 31

Season 19/20
17 in 39

Season 18/19 (half season after leaving us)
3 in 18

34 in 88, a ratio of just under 1 goal per 2.6 games. It's a pretty respectable record for any striker, especially considering he looked like he'd never seen a football before when he was at us! Just for clarification, I'm not in a million years suggesting that he's some sort of super striker, just that it goes to show that a horrific spell at a club doesn't always mean that a player is actually no good (accepted that he was horrific at us).

From transfermarkt, in all competitions.

Season 20/21
15 in 31

Season 19/20
17 in 39

Season 18/19 (half season after leaving us)
3 in 18

34 in 88, a ratio of just under 1 goal per 2.6 games. It's a pretty respectable record for any striker, especially considering he looked like he'd never seen a football before when he was at us! Just for clarification, I'm not in a million years suggesting that he's some sort of super striker, just that it goes to show that a horrific spell at a club doesn't always mean that a player is actually no good (accepted that he was horrific at us).
Im not saying its not a decent return. Im saying its not 'some scoring record' which is what the original post said.

Aye, well there is that. Compared to what we witnessed its Boyd-like stats.

But Morelos has a similar average, around 2.7 gpg, this season and is being slaughtered for not scoring enough goals.
It's all relative. When you're used to an on fire striker scoring almost every game, a goal once every 3 or 4 seems almost Eduardo Herrera like by comparison!

A goal a goal whether it’s a 54.8 yard Roofe goal or a Tam Forsyth rocket from 6” they all count the same, if he had missed there were grounds fir abuse

Brings back horrible memories of the semi-final where he decided to dive rather than rolling the ball into the empty net.

He always reminded me of one of the Goons from Popeye.
Fast as %^*& big Umar but only because his legs were about half the size of a pitch!

I actually dislike that wee arsehole. Can't believe he's carving a reasonable career. He's awful.

Wasn’t there talk of him going for millions not so long ago? Man Utd perhaps?
Yeah mate, his EL performances were quite good & they were in the same group so there was a talk but usual paper talk.

4 goals in that group though, so he may well have been on some form of list!.

Didn't work out for him here. Gerrard obviously didn't fancy him behind the scenes so he had very few chances to play here.

Some posters on here should calm it with their criticism of the guy. He's done well enough since leaving here, so he clearly has a skillset that is working for some teams.

Didn't happen for us, but that doesn't make him a bad player. He's very unorthodox and frustrating to watch granted, however he seems to know how to score a few.

Unless it's a rainy day at Hampden, sadly.

Back