Umar Sadiq

Sasa’s Shin Guards

He’s scored tonight against Real and is apparently subject of £30m bids. He was a total bomb scare for us, so has someone else we quite rightly binned turned into such a big transfer target?

Not sure saying we ‘binned’ him is accurate, he was only on loan with us.

He has been a success since that spell though, scored goals in Serbia, the Europa League and now Spain. I can’t see anyone paying that money for him though.

He’s scored tonight against Real and is apparently subject of £30m bids. He was a total bomb scare for us, so has someone else we quite rightly binned turned into such a big transfer target?

BfUiJWm.gif

Was the first thread that you got his name wrong not enough? The lad wasn’t what we needed, he’s done well since going back from his shite loan with us, fair play to him. He was fucking dire at Rangers.

He wasn’t given a proper chance with us for whatever reason.

I reckon he gave up on us when he wasn’t first choice and the management team gave up on him pretty soon after.

Normally being quite shite in Scotland but playing in a much higher profile league than in Scotland where there are normally greater volumes of shite will usually accelerate your transfer value. However, despite all the noise I’ll not be losing too much sleep over this dud.

He was also absolute shite regardless
Not sure he had much of a chance. Was put in out the cold against aberdeen. Didnt do too much particularly wrong other than the dive but the narrative that he was shit grew arms and legs. We've all seen recently the pitfalls of making snap judgements. Most wouldve had lundstram gone after malmo and bassey after st mirren. Gerrard didnt like him and he never got a run of games plus he was expected to take morelos role in the team despite the fact hes not that player.

Hes obviously not shit look at his record in La Liga

Not sure he had much of a chance. Was put in out the cold against aberdeen. Didnt do too much particularly wrong other than the dive but the narrative that he was shit grew arms and legs. We've all seen recently the pitfalls of making snap judgements. Most wouldve had lundstram gone after malmo and bassey after st mirren. Gerrard didnt like him and he never got a run of games plus he was expected to take morelos role in the team despite the fact hes not that player.

Played 1 zero goals 1 yellow card

Superb

that's enough to judge him to be fair :D

Rounded the keeper and collapsed.

I think he sent a body double in his time here. Or he's had such an attitude change after the wake up call flopping here that he is realising the potential that a Roma player who got loaned to Rangers ought to have had

It didn’t grow arms and legs, he literally was shit. Like Bambi on ice running about. He may well be a decent footballer in a different situation but not once did he ever look like he was up to playing for Rangers.

He has no record in La Liga, tonight was his first appearance they only got promoted this season. Granted his Segunda record is decent though.

I prefer to look at our successes like Bassey Patterson Aribo and many others to come.

It didn't work out with Sadiq, we move on.

It didn’t grow arms and legs, he literally was shit. Like Bambi on ice running about. He may well be a decent footballer in a different situation but not once did he ever look like he was up to playing for Rangers.

He has no record in La Liga, tonight was his first appearance they only got promoted this season. Granted his Segunda record is decent though.
Yh fair play i didnt realise he was in second tier, but his record there is 1/2 and he did well in serbia. Lets face it motherwell got put out by a league of ireland side so those will not be too disimilar to our league. My main point is we didnt see enough of him to judge him fairly. He literally played 1 game for us but people are talking about him the same way they were about colak 3 games ago

He’s still like bambi on ice mate from what I watched tonight if anyone pays 30 million for him there of there heads

If his brain has finally caught up with his feet he might be a player
It hasn't. Genuinely. I watched the game tonight here in Tenerife, and he was still like Bambi on ice. Has bulked up massively but has lost quite a bit of pace. Can't control a ball at all.

He wasn't good enough for us and there was plenty of reasons for him being frozen out prior to the Aberdeen game. My recollection of the Aberdeen game was he looked like he hadn’t learnt the offside rule yet and his dive was absolutely mental. Gerrard didn’t like him because his attitude was stinking and mentioned his training level on a few occasions. There are many differences between Bassey/Lundstram and Sadiq when he was with us. He may well have screwed the nut and improved his attitude but he's only done well in the Spanish second division and in Serbia. He’s linked with a big move every single window but it’ll be interesting if he eventually gets one.

He wasn’t given a proper chance with us for whatever reason.

I reckon he gave up on us when he wasn’t first choice and the management team gave up on him pretty soon after.
Have you got any magic mushrooms left or did you use them all before posting that ?

He was also absolute shite regardless
I know imagine actually keeping him and spending millions to sign him, in the hope he MIGHT not look like Bambi on Ice during a stage in his career. Baffling situations like this are portrayed as a stick to beat Rangers with.
The one that got away…yawn, he got away because he was ducking white for Rangers. He couldn’t even get a game at 5s at Rangers training ffs

Maybe Gerrard and our fans are wrong to write someone off after about 2 games when they've joined a new club, moved to a new country and might take some time to adjust?
To adjust some effort is required and he wasn’t good enough in the first place

He was a strange one

Though that instance we knew for weeks he would be the striker and never have him game time

Still might not have made a difference but it was poor management of the squad at that time to throw him in and expect him to play like alfie

He played like Alfie Moon to be fair

Back